British pension not arrived

soalbundy

36 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

UK pension has a thread already.

Holidays can make my 28 day Thurs UK pension payments late either the next day Friday or Monday. 

When it doesn't arrive Monday I ring IPC up to see what's up. 

Thanks, I presume it's due to the Thai bank holiday or covid whatever. I sent the dwp an email anyway although usually one doesn't get a reply until its been sorted by itself.

• Like 1

I started getting my state pension August 20021.  i have it paid into a Thailand bank account.  I never received my first payment when it was due.  Turned out to be an error their end.  It was then that I was informed that my state pension actually comes from America?  All UK pensions are handled by Citi Bank.  So because of this it now takes 9 working days from the initial payment to get my pension into my bank account.  It goes from the USA to the UK to Thailand.   So i have to watch out for bank holidays in 3 countries to see if the payment will be delayed.

2 hours ago, essexman said:

I started getting my state pension August 20021.  i have it paid into a Thailand bank account.  I never received my first payment when it was due.  Turned out to be an error their end.  It was then that I was informed that my state pension actually comes from America?  All UK pensions are handled by Citi Bank.  So because of this it now takes 9 working days from the initial payment to get my pension into my bank account.  It goes from the USA to the UK to Thailand.   So i have to watch out for bank holidays in 3 countries to see if the payment will be delayed.

I think your find UK pensions are paid by CitiBank UK which was I was told.

1 minute ago, planemad said:

Very occasionally my UK Gov pension is delayed by one day, usually due to Thai bank holidays. Three working days is all it normally takes (Via CitiBank).

IPC say can take up to 8 days of processing.

On 2/18/2022 at 7:06 AM, essexman said:

It goes nowhere near America. 

Your payment date is fixed and the only reason for delays are bank holidays in the respective countries.

Pay it into Wise and control the timing from there.

5 minutes ago, planemad said:

Kwasaki - That may be what they say, however, in my experiance, it has never been delayed more than 1 day in more than 2 years.

Neither has mine in 9 years but if your pension is suspended like mine was because I never received a life form they allegedly sent to me, when you telephone them that day and ID for them to send your pension it take 7 or 8 days for it to be in the Thai bank. 

5 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

It goes nowhere near America. 

Your payment date is fixed and the only reason for delays are bank holidays in the respective countries.

Pay it into Wise and control the timing from there.

You can't change where your UK pension gets paid into straight away it can only be done on an annual basis.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

It goes nowhere near America

From the DWP website:-

"If you live abroad and your payment is due in the same week as a US bank holiday, it could arrive one day late. This is because a US company processes these payments."

As stated above the US company is Citibank

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

"If you live abroad and your payment is due in the same week as a US bank holiday, it could arrive one day late. This is because a US company processes these payments."

Yes a US company which has branches in UK where a UK branch I presume is the London branch which pays UK pensions abroad. 

50 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Doesn't go anywhere near USA though!

44 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

So banks in the City of London observe US public holidays. Oh yes, silly me, I never thought of that.

Whilst Citibank HQ is in Canada Square, the pension processing is undoubtedly done remotely probably an office in Sheffield.

You will be equally surprised to learn that the British embassy in Bangkok closes on UK public holidays.

(they also take advantage of cling on Thai public holidays!).

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Like 1

I made a application for a age pension in July 21 with no written reply apart from my birth that was sent with the application returned by mail .

I called the office concerned a few weeks ago  and the reply was there are delays in processing applications due to covid 19 .

Anyone else in the same boat ?

2 hours ago, itsari said:

I made a application for a age pension in July 21 with no written reply apart from my birth that was sent with the application returned by mail .

I called the office concerned a few weeks ago  and the reply was there are delays in processing applications due to covid 19 .

I'd take them to small claims court (non payment of debt).

Can be done online.

They've had 35 years notice of this payment, no excuse for being late.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, itsari said:

I was in a similar position to you. I originally claimed my pension (by phone) in mid August. My pension was due mid November.  I rang them again on Dec 1st for a progress report and was informed that there was no record of my claim on their system. So, I gave all my details again and was told to contact them once more If I had heard nothing by the end of January. I rang them again at the end of January and was told about a delay (up to 26 weeks) in processing claims. I was also told that I had been put on a priority queue. A week later, I was checking my UK bank account and found a payment (approx 3 months pension arrears) had been made by DWP into my account. I've yet to receive any documentation explaining exactly what that payment was, or confirmation of my pension benefits. I would call the IPC if I was you and keep hounding them. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I was in a similar position to you. I originally claimed my pension (by phone) in mid August. My pension was due mid November.  I rang them again on Dec 1st for a progress report and was informed that there was no record of my claim on their system. So, I gave all my details again and was told to contact them once more If I had heard nothing by the end of January. I rang them again at the end of January and was told about a delay (up to 26 weeks) in processing claims. I was also told that I had been put on a priority queue. A week later, I was checking my UK bank account and found a payment (approx 3 months pension arrears) had been made by DWP into my account. I've yet to receive any documentation explaining exactly what that payment was, or confirmation of my pension benefits. I would call the IPC if I was you and keep hounding them. Good luck.

I thank you for your help . I will call them later today and see what is the story .

• Like 1