Thai PM says he will not quit amid pressure from opposition

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Jerno said:

You had a good run.  Time for another.  Your support is waning.  Of course you are a stubborn ans and will hang on until ousted. Forget what's best for the country,  But it's me me me.  Power and wealth.

Actually, It's "us, us, us". He may leave some day, but as long as Thailand is keeping the current constitution, it will be the same "us" governing the country in one way or another.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I think that it is preferable that they are a mafia group chosen by the electorate, and who subsequently genuinely have to obtain the endorsement of the electorate in order to remain running the show.

Must be one of those illusional chosen ones that don't really know how things work here.

31 minutes ago, BayArea said:
Unless there is another coup which is possible, he isn't going anywhere. the man is the epitome of what delusional grandeur looks like. while we are in the  wishful thinking mode, this illegal gov't should also ditch their 2 yr emergency decree security blanket, But then how do they keep the citizens off the streets and allow democracy to actually thrive ? The real problem in LOS has been the 7 yrs of Prayut and his cohorts, not the 2 yrs of the pandemic.

Another coup is a real possibility - enacted just to keep things active and off-balance/distracted.

It appears to work out in their favour consistently. 

Prayut will be ask to step down, instead of being removed - a soft coup, sort to speak.

Should always expect the same revolving players, though the stage might be adjusted slightly. 

Remember. Thai tradition rules the roost.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Must be one of those illusional chosen ones that don't really know how things work here.

You may of course be an expert, wise in all such matters and no doubt here since the dawn of time; yet somehow you never actually manage to contribute to discussions in any meaningful way, or offer any opinion other than to suggest that you " understand how things are done here" so much better.

Many of us who have been here for quite a while and try to understand what goes on here. We may sometimes be right, sometimes be wrong and we also labour under the disadvantage that in our discussions we often cannot suggest what may be going on. We don't need to sneer at others for being " illusional chosen ones".

I don't maintain an ignore list - I believe that all opinions should be free to be aired. But I am tempted to start one, if only so I don't have to listen to you bleating on about how much cleverer you are than others - yet somehow never manage to offer anything to explain why!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2