Mor Chana still orange after Day 5 test

Polar Bear

When I came back to Thailand with the one day test & go, I scanned my Thai Pass into Mor Chana , and the QR code went orange, then after my PCR test came back negative, it switched back to green.

My husband just came back, scanned the Thai Pass and the QR code went orange, but it has never turned green again. He's done Day 1 & Day 5 now and both PCR tests were negative, but Mor Chana still shows him as orange/medium risk. Does it matter?

Mor Chana doesn't record vaccinations, only the status. He's going to have to leave/return to Thailand again in a few weeks, so I want to know if he has to try to get this fixed before then. Does the orange status mean his test & go results haven't been registered properly?

Down load it on entry… the hotel may check it.. that’s about it.

Then after that no one bothers, no one checks & you’ll soon be forgetting about Mor Chana until your next entry into Thailand where the whole facade starts over again…

Mor Chana - it’s one of those systems which works well in other counties, but Thailand is not mature enough for it it be useful as apathy soon moves in & no one ever checks…

… in Thailand, this stuff is nothing more than theater… 

Edited by richard_smith237

1 hour ago, Polar Bear said:

Mor Chana doesn't record vaccinations, only the status. He's going to have to leave/return to Thailand again in a few weeks, so I want to know if he has to try to get this fixed before then. Does the orange status mean his test & go results haven't been registered properly?

On Day 7, I received the notification in Morchana to upload my second RT-PCR results. When I uploaded the second RT-PCR result to the link provided in Morchana notification, my QR in the app become green and status become "very low risk".

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sanmyintmaung said:

On Day 7, I received the notification in Morchana to upload my second RT-PCR results. When I uploaded the second RT-PCR result to the link provided in Morchana notification, my QR in the app become green and status become "very low risk".

Was this with Sandbox or the Day 1 & Day 5 test & go? As he had to go back to the hotel for the stupid day 5 quarantine and test, I assumed the hospital would upload the results.

38 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Was this with Sandbox or the Day 1 & Day 5 test & go? As he had to go back to the hotel for the stupid day 5 quarantine and test, I assumed the hospital would upload the results.

I entered via Day 1 & Day 5 test & go. Hotel provided me with the print out of lab results when I check out after Day 5 test and go. I also assumed hospital would upload the result but on Day 7 notification pop up on Morchana to upload the test results. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sanmyintmaung said:

Same happened for me too. Soon as the day 5 negative test was uploaded in MorChana the QR code turned green.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluemoon58 said:

Delete the App 

I'm not particularly concerned about the App. I want to know if it staying Orange means someone somewhere hasn't registered his results properly. I don't want it to cause problems when he travels again in a few weeks.

Day 7: Still orange. No notification to upload the results yet.

I second the commenters so far, that Mor Chana is a complete waste of time.  I tested positive on Day 5 on Jan 5th. Posted the result and my status was RED: High Risk!  Did my banged up stint for 5 days then allowed to do 5 days at home, so by then Jan 15th.  It still shows red today 23rd Feb!!  Haha.  And anyway, it doesn't work "up north" (CNX) for scanning into shops etc, there is another app for here.  Conclusion: don't bother with it. 

9 hours ago, Bkktodd said:

Silly question. Did you upload the second covid result from MorChana notifications ?  

Not silly. The app sent a notification to upload 5 day. Did so and the QR code went green. Job done. BTW, nobody ever asked to see the app ever (in the last month since arrival either in Pattaya or Bangkok).