Visa "run" - Combodia by flight

I can't make a new covid-60 extension again (because of my non-ED visa), so I've the idea to fly out to Combodia and be back after few days.

The idea is :

-Getting a Cambodia tourist visa in Bkk. It seems not complicated to get one at the embassy.

-Flying to Cambodia - Phnom Penh (No quarantine bc I'm vaccinated).

-Flying back to Bkk after 3/4 days with this new test/go

Maybe coming back with the exempt visa or getting a tourist thai evisa before flying to Cambodia.

Does anyone did it?

You can apply for a visa for Cambodia online. See: https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

No quarantine when if fully vaccinated.

You might want to apply for a tourist visa at the embassy in Phnom Penh that would allow a total stay of 90 days with the 30 day extension of the 60 day entry from it. They are not using the e visa site for applications. Info for a tourist visa is here. https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/tourist-visa-tr?page=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a1&menu=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a2

A report of doing it is here. https://aseannow.com/topic/1250875-visa-run-to-cambodia/

He applied for a non-o visa at the embassy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Davthefrog said:

Getting a Cambodia tourist visa in Bkk. It seems not complicated to get one at the embassy.

You could get the electronic version, which would save you a trip to the embassy and a page in your passport.

https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

Your plan sounds doable; ideally you'd apply for the Thailand Pass before leaving Thailand.

There's an obvious risk though, you could test positive at some point. Many tests, many chances, considering that Omicron is now on the rampage in both countries.

• Like 2

I am thinking about it

15 minutes ago, Davthefrog said:

The idea is :

-Getting a Cambodia tourist visa in Bkk. It seems not complicated to get one at the embassy.

-Flying to Cambodia - Phnom Penh (No quarantine bc I'm vaccinated).

-Flying back to Bkk after 3/4 days with this new test/go

I am thinking about it as well...i have NON-O
Tourist Visa cambodia 1200 bht (E_VISA)
PCR test before go to Cambodia 1500 bht
Ticket Cambodia return (4500 bht)
You must apply Thailand Pass BEFORE you go...including TestNGO + Insurance  7000 bht
Hotel stay in cambodia 2500 baht exclusive food
PCR test in Cambodia for go back to Thailand 80-130 $...!!!
Taxi costs ca 40 $
Total cost 25000 exclusive other Visa for Thailand (NON-O 2700 bht)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the guidance of the Thai Embassy, Phnom Penh  that ubonjoe posted a link to:

"Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country, or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travelers are advised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure."

It may be prudent to ask the Embassy about this point before you spend time and money on your trip. 

Just now, In the jungle said:

From the guidance of the Thai Embassy, Phnom Penh  that ubonjoe posted a link to:

"Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country, or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travelers are advised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure."

It may be prudent to ask the Embassy about this point before you spend time and money on your trip. 

The embassy has published a list of those countries on their website as well. Mostly African and Middle Eastern countries. 

• Like 1

Just now, Caldera said:

The embassy has published a list of those countries on their website as well. Mostly African and Middle Eastern countries. 

OK.  Thank you.  I will take a look at the list now.

I am not considering doing such a trip but I like to stay informed about Thai immigration issues.

16 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

I am thinking about it

You must apply Thailand Pass BEFORE you go...including TestNGO + Insurance  7000 bht
Taxi costs ca 40 $

As far as I know only 2 places can do this (acceptabel to the airlines) and both charge $130.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

As far as I know only 2 places can do this (acceptabel to the airlines) and both charge $130.

National Institute of Public Health - NIPH

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZWUDMbtGdiZkRtbv6

Open 7 days - no appointments, walk-in only. Open on all Public Holidays

0730-1200hrs/1330-1730hrs

Cost $130 (PCR Test only) or $150 (PCR Test & Serology IgM Antibody Test)

Take passport & flight itinerary

Medical Certificate and lab report are issued the following day, at 1000hrs for those who test in the morning, and at 1500hrs for those who test in the afternoon.

Medical Certificate is dated the day issued, lab report states date/time sample collected

To save time when you arrive, it is advisable to register beforehand at

Institut Pasteur du Cambodge

Open Mon - Sat only. CLOSED Public Holidays

Testing times between 0730 - 0900hrs only.

Cost $80

Test results available for collection at 0800 hrs the following day.

You MUST make an appointment via email, and you are required to attach your flight tickets and a copy of your passport bio-page and complete an appointment form.

Intercare Medical Center

Testing times between 0730 - 1130 & 1300 - 1600 only.

RT-PCR test with certificate USD$125, and RT-PCR test with Fit to Fly certificate USD$130.

Swab taken between 0730 - 0930, results issued between 1700 - 1800 on the same day.

Swab taken after 0930, results issued between 1000 - 1200 the following day.

For booking and more information, contact at: 023 996 900 / 010 678 324 or email [email protected] / [email protected]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

I am thinking about it

Taxi costs ca 40 $

Nice budget summary @MICHAELDUTCH.  Where did you find PCR test for price of 1500THB ?

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

National Institute of Public Health - NIPH

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZWUDMbtGdiZkRtbv6

Open 7 days - no appointments, walk-in only. Open on all Public Holidays

0730-1200hrs/1330-1730hrs

Cost $130 (PCR Test only) or $150 (PCR Test & Serology IgM Antibody Test)

Take passport & flight itinerary

Medical Certificate and lab report are issued the following day, at 1000hrs for those who test in the morning, and at 1500hrs for those who test in the afternoon.

Medical Certificate is dated the day issued, lab report states date/time sample collected

To save time when you arrive, it is advisable to register beforehand at

Institut Pasteur du Cambodge

Testing times between 0730 - 0900hrs only.

Cost $80

Test results available for collection at 0800 hrs the following day.

You MUST make an appointment via email, and you are required to attach your flight tickets and a copy of your passport bio-page and complete an appointment form.

Intercare Medical Center

Testing times between 0730 - 1130 & 1300 - 1600 only.

RT-PCR test with certificate USD$125, and RT-PCR test with Fit to Fly certificate USD$130.

Swab taken between 0730 - 0930, results issued between 1700 - 1800 on the same day.

Swab taken after 0930, results issued between 1000 - 1200 the following day.

For booking and more information, contact at: 023 996 900 / 010 678 324 or email [email protected] / [email protected]

Pasteur will not do PCR tests for travelers, I tried there just recently.

Only NIPH and this palce:

Intercare Medical Center
Olympia City, Building C5, Tower A, 12th floor
Sangkat Veal Vong, Khan 7 Makara

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Web site: www.theolympiamedicalhub.com

Which is also $130

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Pasteur will not do PCR tests for travelers, I tried there just recently.

Only NIPH and this palce:

Intercare Medical Center
Olympia City, Building C5, Tower A, 12th floor
Sangkat Veal Vong, Khan 7 Makara

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Web site: www.theolympiamedicalhub.com

Which is also $130

Pasteur sent me yesterday 2 Forms to fill in.Must make a appointment 1-2 week before
I hope they will provide PCR for Travel....but according there E-mail..they can
Otherwise NIPH

17 hours ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

Is this the cost of qualifying insurance to be let back into Thailand for a Non-O visa (extension) holder?

I'm asking because my wife and I are planning a trip to the states in April. 

My current extension (based on marriage) is good until 16 Aug. 2022

27 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Is this the cost of qualifying insurance to be let back into Thailand for a Non-O visa (extension) holder?

I'm asking because my wife and I are planning a trip to the states in April. 

My current extension (based on marriage) is good until 16 Aug. 2022

Test N Go i calculated 4.500 baht for 1 day + Test
2.500 Covid insurance for 30 days

30 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

So, by returning in April with a valid stay til Aug I would need to pay 10,000 baht for covid insurance? (2,500 x4 months)

Per 01 March the Covid Insurance requirements are changed into covering 20.000 $ (instead 50.000$)
Thats means that the insurance will change the amount to pay for insurance 
In my opinion it will not change that much.
For AA insurance you can look at de possibilities https://www.aainsure.net/travel-to-thailand-covid-insurance.html
The requirements for entering Thailand demands a Covid Insurance for the time you are in Thailand
But several comments on this forum tells that a 30 day Covid Insurance will be accepted to obtain a Thailand Pass

38 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

So, by returning in April with a valid stay til Aug I would need to pay 10,000 baht for covid insurance? (2,500 x4 months)

If on a extension of stay and entering with a re-entry permit you will only need 30 days of insurance. Select returning to Thailand when you start Thailand Pass application.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a visa for Cambodia online. See: https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

No quarantine when if fully vaccinated.

You might want to apply for a tourist visa at the embassy in Phnom Penh that would allow a total stay of 90 days with the 30 day extension of the 60 day entry from it. They are not using the e visa site for applications. Info for a tourist visa is here. https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/tourist-visa-tr?page=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a1&menu=5d73b14415e39c46f40076a2

A report of doing it is here. https://aseannow.com/topic/1250875-visa-run-to-cambodia/

He applied for a non-o visa at the embassy.

A remark concerning www.evisa.gov.hk: to get a visa there you need to provide a Cambodian phone number (the site will sms you a confirmation code), so for most tourist that do not have a Cambodian sim card the site is just useless.

Screenshot_2022-02-25-08-51-52-15_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

36 minutes ago, Ubik314 said:

A remark concerning www.evisa.gov.hk: to get a visa there you need to provide a Cambodian phone number (the site will sms you a confirmation code), so for most tourist that do not have a Cambodian sim card the site is just useless.

That really makes no sense unless they want a contact number while in Cambodia. Perhaps try enter a phone number for a hotel. Are you sure they send a SMS since it does not state it has to be a mobile number.

I suspect it is done by email.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That really makes no sense unless they want a contact number while in Cambodia. Perhaps try enter a phone number for a hotel. Are you sure they send a SMS since it does not state it has to be a mobile number.

I suspect it is done by email

I was told that they send a confirmation number by sms to validate the application, however as I did not complete the application myself I can not confirm this point myself.

If there is only email confirmation then using an hotel phone number can be the solution.

I will try myself in a few months for my planned Cambodia trip.

51 minutes ago, MajorTom said:

The "Telephone number in Cambodia" is just contact info. I put my Thai number there. 

You apply, and get the visa on e-mail. No confirmation phonenumbers or sms was needed in any step of this process.

Great. Thanks for the information.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If on a extension of stay and entering with a re-entry permit you will only need 30 days of insurance. Select returning to Thailand when you start Thailand Pass application.

Sweet, Thank you for that. I was thinking those of us living here long term had a slightly different set of rules for coming back.