Corruption by locals outside Ministry of Foreign Affairs

I had it at Chaeng Wattana Imm. once, in 2017 a floorsweeper offered met the number one in the queue for 500 thb.
I told her to put it where the sun didn't shine.
However that was the only instance in 26 years here.

Edited by orchis
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Please call 1111

They speak very good english and they are very helpful. Tell your story and see the respond and please update us.

Actually i need to do some stamp thing there in a few weeks. I will also post about this and see if its same as your situation.

Also how much is it to translate 1 or 2 papers in english to thai for the stamp? Do i have to translate it in any special place or.. where?

Thanks

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

The same ones extorting are the transportation experts.   One quoted 400 a sheet.   So if you want to get in cue I took a photo of tge qr code so you can make an appointment  and not need to pay tge extortionists.   I will attach it here for you.  Its about two weeks out.  So go do it now.

20220224_152249.jpg

I rely on people helping me and don't mind paying people to queue and assisting me in these administrative buildings. That's why I like living here

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

I assume you will be reporting this in one form or other to some authority. When doing so, I guess in English language, be sure to write correctly. For example: it's called "queue number", not "cue". If you use "cue" in your report, they will not understand you, it's a word with a different meaning but sounds similar. 

Lol, yes you are correct.   Thanks for the advice.

2 hours ago, PeachCH said:

Living in Thailand, people should know, how things are done. Most problems just go away, when you pay some tea ???? money. Some other countries are not better. Why get upset, when spending some bucks to speed up things. ????

It would only take 24 hours to do it oneself if one could get a queue.  Speed things up!   No, a normal 24 hour process now takes three days and five if you arrive on Thursday, and have to pay for a Queue that is free.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

It would only take 24 hours to do it oneself if one could get a queue. 

See my earlier post. About the online que page I found.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Just did a little digging on the Department of Consular Affrays website and found where to make an appointment online. See: https://qlegal.consular.go.th/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1