Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I understand he calls it that. I understand why people living in Russia under threat of 15 years prison call it that. I don't understand why you call it that. Based on your obtuse reply above perhaps you don't want to say. Your right.

Only posting the truth of what Putin said. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are posting what Putin truly said, but that’s a long way from posting the truth.

Yes. The only respect that Putin deserves is the sort of respect we might give to any other war criminal terrorist.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Stand tall and strong ????????

Victory over russist army comes closer by the day, as does the time when putin’s henchmen will sit on the bench at a trial for war crimes and crimes against humanity. Punishment is imminent. Milošević won’t stay lonely for too long. Speaking @ UNSC meeting on security of Ukraine

image.jpeg.70dd0cc214886c8af49e09618b857c34.jpeg

I'm not sure about how lonely Milosevic is. He committed suicide about 22 years ago. As for war crime trials, how do you propose to transport Putin and his henchmen from Russia to Ukraine?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

I'm not sure about how lonely Milosevic is. He committed suicide about 22 years ago. As for war crime trials, how do you propose to transport Putin and his henchmen from Russia to Ukraine?

True, his apparent serious diseases are much more of a threat to him. But sadly it's not only Putin. There are some military types surrounding him even more extreme than he is. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

How do I propose? I suggest that question is put to the chief prosecutor of the ICC or the one of numerous international prosecutors who are currently helping Ukraine in the investigations. As for Sergiy Kyslytsya speaking at the UN Security council yesterday and referencing Milosevic, the fact he is dead was the whole point of the reference.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Talk of a trial for Putin is a distraction, the issue at hand is to defeat the Russian military in Ukraine.

Such a defeat will have negative repercussions for Putin.

I suspect Russians themselves would give him a far harsher Justice than he’d ever get from any trial outside of Russia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Russians are 'KICKED OUT' of Azovstal steel works as fighting enters third day

Heavy fighting raged inside the Azovstal steel works in Mariupol for the third day running as the wife of the Ukrainian commander warned people are dying 'every hour, every second'.

Russian troops tried to capture the complex and failed to observe a ceasefire before they were kicked out by the plant's defenders, according to Zelensky adviser Oleksiy Arestovych.

Daily Mail

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Talk of a trial for Putin is a distraction, the issue at hand is to defeat the Russian military in Ukraine.

I suspect Russians themselves would give him a far harsher Justice than he’d ever get from any trial outside of Russia.

Agreed the Russians need to be defeated but Re Putin and the charges, it can only be a hope and thats all but hope its important. However the reference to war crimes is mentioned daily and quite rightly so. These crimes all need to be thoroughly investigated and documented and there's a lot of hard work going on in Ukraine with experts doing that right now. Charges are the next step and ones that the victims will be grateful for.

That said Sergiy Kyslytsya did not mention Putin, he mentioned his henchmen and I have no doubt this also includes the frontline soldiers who have been carrying out the rapes, tortures and executions of civilians.

Ukraine prepares war crimes charges against Russian military personnel, including pilots

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-prepares-war-crimes-charges-against-russian-military-personnel-including-2022-04-26/

The Prosecutorʼs Office has announced the suspicion of a captured Russian pilot who bombed Chernihiv

The Prosecutorʼs Office has announced the suspicion of Russian SU-34 pilot Alexandr Krasnoyartsev, who was detained in Chernihiv on March 5.

This is stated on the website of the Prosecutor Generalʼs Office of Ukraine.

The text of the suspicion states that Aleksandr Krasnoyartsev bombed UFZAB-500, UFAB 250-270, and FAB-50 bombs in Ukraine, including civilian objects.

'You're not going to get away with it': Ukraine unveils first war crimes charges amid 8,000 investigations

Ukrainian authorities unveiled their first war crimes charges Thursday against members of Russia's military, as the U.S. and other countries worked behind the scenes to help Kyiv with more than 8,000 criminal investigations connected to potential atrocities in the two-month old war.

The first charges accuse 10 Russian servicemen of holding civilians hostage and mistreating them in Bucha

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Agreed the Russians need to be defeated but Re Putin it can only be a hope and thats all but hope its important. However the reference to war crimes is mentioned daily and quite rightly so. These crimes all need to be thoroughly investigated and documented and there's a lot of hard work going on in Ukraine with experts doing that right now. Charges are the next step and ones that the victims will be grateful for.

That said Sergiy Kyslytsya did not mention Putin, he mentioned his henchmen and I have no doubt this also includes the frontline soldiers who have been carrying out the rapes, tortures and executions of civilians.

Ukraine prepares war crimes charges against Russian military personnel, including pilots

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-prepares-war-crimes-charges-against-russian-military-personnel-including-2022-04-26/

The Prosecutorʼs Office has announced the suspicion of a captured Russian pilot who bombed Chernihiv

The Prosecutorʼs Office has announced the suspicion of Russian SU-34 pilot Alexandr Krasnoyartsev, who was detained in Chernihiv on March 5.

This is stated on the website of the Prosecutor Generalʼs Office of Ukraine.

The text of the suspicion states that Aleksandr Krasnoyartsev bombed UFZAB-500, UFAB 250-270, and FAB-50 bombs in Ukraine, including civilian objects.

'You're not going to get away with it': Ukraine unveils first war crimes charges amid 8,000 investigations

Ukrainian authorities unveiled their first war crimes charges Thursday against members of Russia's military, as the U.S. and other countries worked behind the scenes to help Kyiv with more than 8,000 criminal investigations connected to potential atrocities in the two-month old war.

The first charges accuse 10 Russian servicemen of holding civilians hostage and mistreating them in Bucha

Sorry but I think you need to start your own thread on this instead of hijacking this thread.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chris.B said:

Sorry but I think you need to start your own thread on this instead of hijacking this thread.

How is the war crimes Putin and his forces are committing hijacking this thread, I made a post on the Ukraine delegation raising this yesterday at the UN Security Council. If other posters wanted to take it from there then thats up to them not me. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Russia sees £4m next-generation tank disintegrated days after battleground debut - VIDEO

VIDEO captured the moment a £4 million next-generation Russian super-tank was struck by Ukrainian forces just a few days after making its debut on the battleground.

The video, released by the Ukrainian military, purportedly shows images of Ukrainian forces successfully shooting and blowing up a Russian super-tank worth £4m just a few days after it was first rolled out in the ongoing conflict. The tank, with reinforced steel and a special automatic defence system, is believed to be a highly advanced Russian T-90M and it seems to be the first to be destroyed in Ukraine. Daily Express

Video

Edited by Chris.B

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

How is the war crimes Putin and his forces are committing hijacking this thread, I made a post on the Ukraine delegation raising this yesterday at the UN Security Council. If other posters wanted to take it from there then thats up to them not me. 

This thread is about the military conflict in Ukraine. 

The continuing discussions about taking Vlad to court for war crimes is fantasy and as Champer Higgot said "distracting". No foreign forces are going to enter Russia and arrest him. The best outcome is that he is deposed or killed by his own people.

Alternatively, he could again copy Adolf Hitler and retreat to the Russian border from where he would build up a "fortress Russia". 

Edited by Chris.B
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Agreed.

The Russian people will never hand Vlad over to foreigners for trial. If a Russian coup was successful, the most likely outcome would be a hastily formed rifle squad to execute him. 

38 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

This thread is about the military conflict in Ukraine. 

The continuing discussions about taking Vlad to court for war crimes is fantasy and as Champer Higgot said "distracting". No foreign forces are going to enter Russia and arrest him. The best outcome is that he is deposed or killed by his own people.

Alternatively, he could again copy Adolf Hitler and retreat to the Russian border from where he would build up a "fortress Russia". 

Would you like to demonstrate in my posts where I discussed Vlad? You missed the bit that Vlad was not even mentioned rather his henchmen  ie the foot soldiers some of who are already captured because of the war crimes they committed in the military conflict. Other posters brought in Vlad and started discussing him including you above.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Stand tall and strong ????????

Victory over russist army comes closer by the day, as does the time when putin’s henchmen will sit on the bench at a trial for war crimes and crimes against humanity. Punishment is imminent. Milošević won’t stay lonely for too long. Speaking @ UNSC meeting on security of Ukraine

image.jpeg.70dd0cc214886c8af49e09618b857c34.jpeg

Yea and they are still being discovered, those troops have now moved on to other combat zones let’s hope they are dealt with appropriately either through courts or a more severe and fatal revenge.

The bodies of tortured people continue to be found in the liberated Kyiv region. Two more civilians were buried in the village of Kalynivka. People have broken nails and tied hands.

https://twitter.com/avalaina/status/1521426490637926402?s=21&t=nffkw5QdVDuG50g9vCzbJQ

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Russia forced to abandon close fight tactic as Putin's troops coming out 'second best'

RUSSIAN troops have been forced to abandon close combat tactics in Ukraine as Vladimir Putin's army finds themselves coming out 'second best' against the Ukrainian military.

A former head of the British Army believes the ferocity of Ukraine's resistance has forced Russia to ditch close combat tactics in favour of artillery strikes from a distance. Lord Dannatt has warned the conflict raging in Ukraine has become a deadly artillery duel with the Kremlin reluctant to send Russian troops in to engage Ukrainian defenders up close amid heavy losses. 

Express

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

As for war crime trials, how do you propose to transport Putin and his henchmen from Russia to Ukraine?

The same way that people such as Milosevic and Karadzic were. 

I don't expect it to happen for a while, but eventually the political situation in Russia will change (as it did in Serbia).

Although if the war continues to go as badly for Russia as it is at the moment, things might change quicker than expected (we can but hope).

Just because someone is in power now, and is currently protected by the power structures that are in place, doesn't mean that will be in power and protected forever.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1