Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

44 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Belarus President Fears 'Nuclear' War Over Western Support Of Ukraine.

Belarus strongman Alexander Lukashenko said Friday that Western support for Kyiv was increasing the likelihood of a nuclear war breaking out in Ukraine. "As a result of the efforts of the United States and its satellites, a full-scale war has been unleashed in (Ukraine) ... a third world war with nuclear fires looms on the horizon," the president said during a televised address to lawmakers and Belarusians.

https://www.barrons.com/news/belarus-president-fears-nuclear-war-over-western-support-of-ukraine-e7bae026

Just another Putin mouthpiece, spouting the same nutbag nonsense that comes out of the Kremlin on a daily basis: the West is to blame for it all, Russia had no choice but to invade Ukraine, the West is out to destroy Russia, the use of nuclear weapons is inevitable, blah blah blah. 

I can't see it happening, but what if Ukraine opened a front against Belarus?

On 3/21/2023 at 5:46 AM, bannork said:

A story of children kidnapped by Russia. 

Perhaps I have missed something but how the single father (the kids have no mother?) managed to escape from Ukraine to Russia while no man is allowed to leave the country and not be drafted?  And to get his children near Moscow in OK, photographed with them on Red Square while in his area he was on a chase list?

Not going back to fight for his country but travelling freely to another country? Enough means to undertake all this?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes you missed it, its all in the article if you read it, I accept its quite lengthy................

Oh and yes Ukrainian men can leave the country if they have 3 children under 18 or if they are single parents.

If it is the case (actually, now even the govt high position people are not allowed), why he left illegally, as I understand. Or perhaps, because he would not be allowed out into Russia, even for his kids?

However, the Russians did let him in, did not hinder to approch his kids, did they?  And did not hinder him to take them out of Russia, did they?  I guess he thanked them a lot - you are welcome...   

• Sad 2

Interesting insight into the battle for Bakhmut from a month or so ago. Obviously from a Ukraine perspective so take it for what it is.

Entitled "Border guards in the defense of Bakhmut", age restricted so can only be watched directly on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuMIjSFWm80

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Not a bad April fools prank, unfortunately, but harsh reality: Russia chairs the UN Security Council this month. Sometimes reality really is stranger than fiction. 

Short of expelling Russia from the security council, the rules say they have to get their turn.

BTW, I think the general assembly of the UN is a bad joke, so if the entire thing was ended no loss IMO.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

The head of Russia's Wagner mercenary group says he has raised a Russian flag over Bakhmut's city hall in Ukraine.

In a night-time video, Yevgeny Prigozhin said Bakhmut was now Russian "in a legal sense".However he admitted Ukrainian forces were still concentrated in western districts.

Ukraine dismissed the video as a stunt and insisted its army still holds Bakhmut - an eastern city which Russia has spent months trying to capture.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65158796

• Like 2