Invasion! Eyes towards Europe as people in Thailand ponder the consequences

webfact

34 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

The world needs to react to Putin and his madness but not by attacking Russians. With a weak and uncaring  President in the WH who still imports oil from Russia instead on opening the drilling rights in the USA so America can supply oil and gas to America and most of the EU is be on me. Chia is very close to us and good friends with Russia, who knows what this partnership will lead to. To me the only thing that will stop Putin now  is the Russian people as they are not the cause of this invasion, it's Putin alone

Absolutely OK to attack Russian invaders.

It would be a walkover in any local "theatre of operations"

Do not attack, or attempt to occupy, "unfriendly soil".

• Like 1

Doesn’t look good for Ukrainian independence.

And doesn’t look good for Taiwan, either.

Both Putin and Xi see America as weak and woke.

On the positive side, maybe now NATO members will ante up the 2% of GDP funding they promised, but never delivered.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Russians are not putin or represent the gov't of.

By that logic, US, UK & NATO member citizens should be banned for invading & occuppyng Iraq & Afghan ... ????

Not the same thing by a long shot, though understand why one would get confused. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Unfortunately NATO is sitting back and playing by the rules.....which effectively hobbles them.

Nobody is going to do anything to NATO if it chucks away the rule book.

It's insane to "play the game" while a mad dog is loose.

True, but its always better to try to avoid a war that can grow out of proportions. And if this Russian maniac decide to go further then the Ukraine Nato can not sit still anymore.

53 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Shame that all the UK has as a leader is a "Pound Shop" Churchill........more worried about upsetting Russian donors to the Tory party than peace in Europe.

And as for SWIFT, the US and the EU will not suspend Russia, so he knows he is free to bang on about it to make it look like he gives a fig.

I heard The UK and the US both want to do it They don't need the EU they can ask whoever is in charge and they should kick them out anyway. Putin won't care he will then just turn of the gas pipe to Germany which will pump the energy prices up even more in Europe 20,000 froze to death last year in the UK and that's with out the last increase and  the one coming in oct and now this as well I can't even think about it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, peter zwart said:

True, but its always better to try to avoid a war that can grow out of proportions. And if this Russian maniac decide to go further then the Ukraine Nato can not sit still anymore.

A war that remains ouside the borders that Russia has previously agreed upon may be fought with as much intensity as is required.

That is the only way to prevent the war that will come after this one if Putin is not ejected from Ukraine.

PS This is not a man who is unafraid of death:

image.jpeg.53fc8fc1904f840dd8cb4e0a02e901b9.jpeg

image.jpeg.6e8519d0f7b4c824899f8e1c88f6af63.jpeg

Edited by Enoon

9 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I heard The UK and the US both want to do it They don't need the EU they can ask whoever is in charge and they should kick them out anyway. Putin won't care he will then just turn of the gas pipe to Germany which will pump the energy prices up even more in Europe 20,000 froze to death last year in the UK and that's with out the last increase and  the one coming in oct and now this as well I can't even think about it.

The very act of ejecting Putin from the Ukraine will radically alter the dynamic of Rusian internal poiltics.

Mr Putin could well find himself having a meeting with todays equivalent of Mr Tokarev.

7 minutes ago, Enoon said:

A war that remains ouside the borders that Russia has previously agreed upon may be fought with as much intensity as is required.

That is the only way to prevent the war that will come after this one if Putin is not ejected from Ukraine.

PS This is not a man who is unafraid of death:

image.jpeg.53fc8fc1904f840dd8cb4e0a02e901b9.jpeg

image.jpeg.6e8519d0f7b4c824899f8e1c88f6af63.jpeg

I think more in the way of, when Nato steps in now it open the doors for a move from China and then we have a situation that is completely out of control. If Poetin goes further then the Ukraine and dicide to enter a Nato country, China will stay out because Nato is defending one of its own members. 

• Like 1

Well, what the Russian ship did to the Ukraine island Guards when they refused to surrender (assuming the translation on screen was correct) showed that Putin means surrender or die. Whether he wants rule over a 'Soviet Union' remains to be seen but it seems that many opinions in the news seem to think so. I have never been to Ukraine so I have no idea what it's like there...some news channels say it is full of corruption others don't mention the topic. Certainly history is replete with empire builders who have eventually fallen...will Putin follow that path?

Yesterday, a neighbour asked if I had a world map (I have) as they had heard about the Ukraine situation and wanted to know how close it was to Thailand. Talking to another this morning they thought it was an 'internal affair' because Ukraine was part of Russia. But I don't think I can draw a conclusion about Thai general public based on that...unless, of course, others here have had similar experiences.

Bad Monks? Show me a religion or supernatural philosophy congregation that doesn't suffer similarly.

'We all' move around as though we own the planet...we don't and we exist at Nature's behest. With a single swipe Nature could end that so why can't we just enjoy it while we are here? Dream on eh?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Other accidents showed the Thai propensity for grisly pictures of blood and bodies on the roads. I’m in favor of this - anything to warn people of what really happens when flesh hits metal or tarmac.

Why sanitize the issue?

Can't agree with you on that. They've been publishing such 'grisly pictures' for as long as I can remember - has it made any difference?

• Like 1

Just now, poyai111 said:

Agreed. China will be emboldened by Biden's incapability and indecisiveness. Taiwan will fall furthering China's ambitions. Be aware of false flags which will allow the PRC to extend its tentacles even further. Maybe a direct threat to LOS within the decade. A false flag? Let's see - devastating floods or drought leading to famine, for one.

• Sad 2

I think the world needs to ban all Russian tourism as well as business. Its harsh and I would feel sorry for innocent Russians but they are the only ones who can bring an end to this mad man and his vile acts. We need a Russian spring.

• Like 2