Unable to use Krungsri app - root/Jailbreak false positive

For the last two days whenever I try and open my Krungsri app, I am shown the loading screen with the bank's logo and then instantly my web browser opens with a page saying that the app will not run on rooted or jailbroken phones.

My phone is not, or never has been rooted, and the app was working fine for years without such a problem.

Is anybody else experiencing the same issue?

bank.png

I've force-stopped and cleared data which is as good as a reinstall.

I'm sure it's not happening to everyone, otherwise it would have been fixed by now. I'm just wondering if it's happening to anybody else here, or if my phone in particular has p***ed Kringsri off.

Krungsri App is working ok for me on android 11.

What version of android are you using?

Maybe try reboot your phone and then try either 4g internet or wifi network and see if any works.

Had a similar problem with Bangkok Bank app a while ago where could login with 4g but it did not work on wifi but that seemed to be fixed by them.

Edited by userabcd

• 3 weeks later...

So just a quick update (or lack of). I now have a mobile data package and I tried switching off wifi and using cell data before opening the app; same thing happened.

Looking on Play Store there are other people complaining of the issue, and it looks like the app was last updated on 28 Feb, which was when the problems started so I guess I just have to wait for Krungsri to fix it, get a new phone, or find a new bank!

Yes, reading the most recent reviews indicates a fairly major issue

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.krungsri.kma&hl=en&gl=US&showAllReviews=true

Maybe try turning Developer Options to OFF, and/or USB Debugging to OFF. 

And send an email to: [email protected]

Bangkok Bank's mobile app suffered a similar issue not so long ago.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, JayClay said:

So this issue has suddenly reoccurred;

ABP, AdBlockPlus

Is this still active on your phone?

Would be my first suspicion and try again with ABP disabled.

(I don't have Krungsri. Bangkok Bank, SCB and Kasikorn all work fine)

Edited by KhunBENQ

15 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And what does ABP stop sign stand for on your screenshot from March 1st?

That's Adblock browser. Adblock Plus the app, as far as I'm aware, creates a fake VPN in order to block adds in all apps.

Addblock browser is just a browser and has no effect on external apps.

The browser gets launched by the Krugsri app *after* hitting the false positive on attempted log in.

Also, I can log into internet banking just fine using addblock browser. But the UI is terrible, it can't use fingerprint login, and it doesn't support QR scanning amongst other things.

Out of interest what make of phone are you using and what version of Android? 

I've had no problems with the Krungsri App on my Samsung, I'm running Android 12. 

Edited by Stocky

App says Android 5 and up, so the OS isn't the issue. If you've done the uninstall - install and you say the phone hasn't been rooted, the only things left are conflict with other app, or with Xiaomi and or its set up.

The issue is clearly that the app is falsely detecting root access on some models of phone. They seem to be extremely over-zealous about this as before it was detecting root on my device due to USB debugging being enabled. Now they've obviously added in some new flawed checks which are again causing the issues.

Anyway it's enough to make me look for a new bank.... A bank is an institution that you're supposed to be able to rely on. And I don't want to be in a position where I don't have access to my money!

1 minute ago, JayClay said:

Are Kasikorn one of the banks that allow you to transfer in more than 50,000bt from abroad at a time?

Yes.

But Kasikorn bank staff are more prone to saying you can't do something, probably because they're less well trained than Krungsri bank staff. They also try to package insurance policies with stuff, so just be on your toes.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1

I've been with Kasikorn Thai (Thai Farmers Bank) for about 25 years.  No problems at all.  One advantage of that bank is that you can turn up and get a year's worth of statements immediately rather than waiting a week or so for head office to get their finger out. as happens with some other banks.  The Kasikorn app is very good too, and yes, they are on the list to recive transfers of over 50,000 baht.

20 hours ago, JayClay said:

Hardly practical. And even so, how would that guarantee the issue wouldn't occur?

but secure.

and if you would not install any single app on the freshly bought phone besides the banking app then the app will work 100% (if not - visit the nearest bank branch and make them fix the app)

of course you must not do any modifications such as enabling developer tools, et cetera.

Edited by fdsa

11 hours ago, fdsa said:

but secure.

and if you would not install any single app on the freshly bought phone besides the banking app then the app will work 100% (if not - visit the nearest bank branch and make them fix the app)

of course you must not do any modifications such as enabling developer tools, et cetera.

If the app is broken, it's broken. If we don't know what triggers the error we don't know what model of phone would be guaranteed to work (other than asking for suggestions from other users...). Also, as it's a moving target any phone that works today may not work if they decide to "strengthen" their security.

It's doubly ironic as Krungsri online have the weakest passwords around, or at least did when I set up my password a long time ago; letters and numbers only - no special characters allowed!