UPDATED! TEST & GO rules from 1 March 2022

webfact

I did my 1st test on the 28th February and I am due to go back to the same hotel in bangkok tomorrow the 4th for my day 5 test, do I still need to do this?

Thanks for any info, not bothered about losing the hotel and pcr cost

Edited by geordie

Im suppose to arrive 25th march.I let a company make my thaipass.(thaipass.net)Everything good after 3 days.Today i get an email from the hotel(the elegant bangkok)saying they also can make me a thaipass via their website.Exellent service.Anyway because of the rising numbers in thailand i will wait and see how it goes.My tickets i can change anytime,and the hotel can change arriving date wihout any problem.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 12:49 PM, geordie said:

I did my 1st test on the 28th February and I am due to go back to the same hotel in bangkok tomorrow the 4th for my day 5 test, do I still need to do this?

No need for a new pass anyway - the original is fine. 

At Airline check in they were unaware of the cancellation of Day 5 T&G… it would have been a hassle but I already had the day 5 booking printed  so just gave them that when I saw it was becoming a problem (It was cancelled l, but they didn’t know that) It ticked the boxes !!! 

• Like 1

I have suspicious hunch that the current standing of the TP/T&G program will be relaxed and dissolved before long. 

I'm guessing May/June......???

Perhaps, even the crooked and least cognitive Thai authorities are becoming terribly weary of the whole scheme at large. 

Viewing and comparing the growing lifting of similar restrictions/protocol around the world might be an indicator. 

The prime example[s] might be to have a good look at our broader Asian neighbors and how they're all proceeding. 

Not surprisingly, Thailand is behind the eight ball.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2022 at 12:49 PM, geordie said:

I arrived 25th night and had to return 1st for second test, when i rocked up i tested then went home 450kms away, got results 2300 that night.

I was told that if + result i'd be able to self isolate anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

An unproven lie promoted by the usual forum rumour mongers who prefer anti Thai conspiracy to rational observation

Where did I mention Thai? I said Thai government. Normal Thai people are victims themselves of the corrupt policies of Junta so dont try and whip up Nationalistic fervor. Are you that simple that you cant see a illegal and corrupt takeover by Junta who is ruling Thai people with force and by creating illegal constitution which keeps them in power forever? May be that's what suits monger like you as may not able to afford here if normal Thais are better educated and self dependent. Or may be the country you came from has worse corruption than here so you find nothing wrong with corruption here.

13 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

I have suspicious hunch that the current standing of the TP/T&G program will be relaxed and dissolved before long. 

I'm guessing May/June......???

Perhaps, even the crooked and least cognitive Thai authorities are becoming terribly weary of the whole scheme at large. 

Viewing and comparing the growing lifting of similar restrictions/protocol around the world might be an indicator. 

The prime example[s] might be to have a good look at our broader Asian neighbors and how they're all proceeding. 

Not surprisingly, Thailand is behind the eight ball.

Everything changes every 2 weeks.  If something sticks for at least 2 months, then I will be confident in the rules.

There is a major inconsistency in the requirements !

In Bangkok, the PCR test on arrival is conducted by the hotel.

In Phuket, the PCR test on arrival is conducted at the airport. This is not stated anywhere.

All the SHA+ hotels in Bangkok advertise these facilities but very few SHA+ hotels in Phuket advertise any facilities, not even the airport pickup.

Yet the requirements for the issue of the Thailand Pass explicitly states that the PCR test and airport pickup must be shown in the hotel booking evidence.

My ex registered yesterday with ThaiPass at 5pm.

No feedback as yet.

She flies to Germany for studies on 12th october and back to BKK on31st October.

She  has flights booked, vaccine certificate uploaded, insurance through Pacific Cross, booked 1 night hotel on her return.

How long does it take to get her application accepted?

Do they work on weekends or expecting to get some news on Monday.

Thanks

Just now, RafPinto said:

My ex registered yesterday with ThaiPass at 5pm.

No feedback as yet.

She flies to Germany for studies on 12th october and back to BKK on31st October.

She  has flights booked, vaccine certificate uploaded, insurance through Pacific Cross, booked 1 night hotel on her return.

How long does it take to get her application accepted?

Do they work on weekends or expecting to get some news on Monday.

Thanks

You do not mean October?, I think you have a typo. The Thai Pass can only be registered for 60 days in advance of return or arrival.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DaveC said:

There is a major inconsistency in the requirements !

In Bangkok, the PCR test on arrival is conducted by the hotel.

In Phuket, the PCR test on arrival is conducted at the airport. This is not stated anywhere.

All the SHA+ hotels in Bangkok advertise these facilities but very few SHA+ hotels in Phuket advertise any facilities, not even the airport pickup.

Yet the requirements for the issue of the Thailand Pass explicitly states that the PCR test and airport pickup must be shown in the hotel booking evidence.

I believe that under the previous requirements for the Sandbox Program, the traveller had to make separate reservations and payments for the PCR test at Phuket airport and transportation from the airport to the hotel, but the current document requirements now clearly state the following:

Paid AQ / SHA Extra+ hotel reservation confirmation throughout the 7 days period (The booking must include the fee for 1 RT-PCR test, 1 ATK self-test kit and airport transfer)

Source: https://tp.consular.go.th/en/plan

Perhaps some hotels have not yet updated their websites. I wonder what happens if with an application for the Thailand Pass the uploaded hotel reservation confirmation does not conform with the new requirements. Will issuance of the Thailand Pass be delayed until a revised hotel confirmation is submitted?