At the UN, Thailand votes to condemn Russia’s aggression in Ukraine

webfact

42 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The NATO missiles will still be the same distance away from Moscow , they wouldn't get any closer , just that the border would move , but the missiles would stay in the same location 

Ukraine and the USA could build military bases on Russias borders ,this is what you said.

So he is bringing the border closer to russia,smart move?

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

Ukraine and the USA could build military bases on Russias borders ,this is what you said.

So he is bringing the border closer to russia,smart move?

No, moving the border so that NATO/USA and Ukraine would not be able to put hostile missiles on Ukrainian territory 

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, moving the border so that NATO/USA and Ukraine would not be able to put hostile missiles on Ukrainian territory 

Perhaps Russia should do what it preaches.

Russia Deploys Hypersonic Missile To Baltic In Range Of NATO Capitals

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sebastienroblin/2022/02/08/russia-deploys-hypersonic-missile-to-baltic-in-range-of-nato-capitols/?sh=33b516fe217e

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Without some support for your assertion that the name changed was forced, etc, I'm not taking your post too seriously. For my part I could care less where my surname originates, I have no clue. I am not a nationalist. Not that I am accusing you of being one.

I'm not going into details about my family history. And I'm neither a patriot or even less a nationalist. I love my homeland with all my heart...not the country it got annexed to, though.

I want to make it clear that I don't condone Russia's actions in the slightest. I do however try to understand the background and motivations for the actions. And you can do that only by keeping a clear head and not get carried away in emotional reactions. 

Edited by OmegaRacer
  • Like 1

Just now, OmegaRacer said:

I'm not going into details about my family history. And I'm neither a patriot or even less a nationalist. I love my homeland with all my heart though...not the country it got annexed to, though.

I want to make it clear that I don't condone Russia's actions in the slightest. I do however try to understand the background and motivations for the actions. And you can do that only by keeping a clear head and not get carried away in emotional reactions. 

I perfectly understand Russia's motives.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Perhaps Russia should do what it preaches.

Russia Deploys Hypersonic Missile To Baltic In Range Of NATO Capitals

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sebastienroblin/2022/02/08/russia-deploys-hypersonic-missile-to-baltic-in-range-of-nato-capitols/?sh=33b516fe217e

I don't have the time to keep reading the long links that you keep posting . 

That's four lengthy links that you've posted within an hour , which I have no inclination to read 

• Like 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't have the time to keep reading the long links that you keep posting . 

That's four lengthy links that you've posted within an hour , which I have no inclination to read 

Yeah, you said so previously. Never mind, I won't attempt to educate you further. Careful that fence doesn't give you a splinter ???? Just kidding.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Lets put that to the test .

Why did Russia invade Ukraine ?

Write it in your own words, please done give me another link to read 

And for tomorrow's homework, sir?

• Like 1

Russia says its actions in Ukraine are a "special operation" not designed to occupy territory but to destroy its neighbour's military capabilities and capture what it calls dangerous nationalists.

Heaven forbid that Ukraine should want to remain a sovereign nation.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/hedgehogs-v-tanks-kyiv-braces-russian-onslaught-2022-03-03/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Worth pointing out that it was reported yesterday  that Russia had bombed Ukraine's holocaust memorial site , the Babyn Yar and the reports suggested it was attacked purposely .

https://www.theartnewspaper.com/2022/03/02/russian-missile-strike-babyn-yar-holocaust-memorial-centre-kyiv

Today its been reported that the site wasn't actually attacked and the Babyn Yar is not damaged  and its still there unscathed 

• Sad 1

The aggression continues...................

03 Mar 2022, 08:36:30 PM IST

Protect Ukraine civilians 'for God's sake', pleads UN aid chief

The United Nations' aid chief pleaded Thursday for the protection of civilians in Ukraine and for unhindered humanitarian access amid the spiralling violence, in an interview with AFP.

03 Mar 2022, 08:03:23 PM IST

'All of humanity' at risk from nuclear threat over Ukraine: UN

The UN human rights chief on Thursday slammed Russia's invasion of Ukraine, warning millions there were seeing their rights trampled, while the rising nuclear threat put all humanity at risk.

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/russia-ukraine-crisis-live-news-ukraine-updates-biden-putin-moody-s-fitch-due-to-sanctions-11646273854106.html

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

3 hours ago from the BBC. 

Babyn Yar: Anger as Kyiv's Holocaust memorial is damaged

Staff were initially unable to access the Babyn Yar site to assess the damage. However, it is now known that the most iconic memorials in the park are unscathed. These include a large menorah, newly built synagogue and a monument honouring the Soviet citizens and prisoners of war who died, which is located closest to the TV tower.

image.png.c5db2b0a47e20f289c0705f006bcbb5c.png

A museum building which was not yet in use caught fire, and there is damage across the 140-acre site, such as burnt and uprooted trees, the BBC has been told.

Speaking directly after the missile attack, President Volodymyr Zelensky said it was "beyond humanity" and accused the West of not doing enough to prevent the attacks on his country.

"What is the point of saying 'never again' for 80 years, if the world stays silent when a bomb drops on the same site of Babyn Yar? At least 5 killed. History repeating..." he tweeted.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60588885

Yes, some trees got damaged , but the memorial was unscathed , as I said .

The trees got damaged as a result of attacks on the nearby TV station and the memorial wasn't targeted    

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

What an idiocy. Even if Russia defeats Ukraine, there will be no long-term peace. The whole thing is going to be a kind of Afghanistan with terrorist bombs, snipers and urban warfare. No Russian occupier can then feel safe. And Putin's propaganda nonsense doesn't work. Brothers do not go into another brother's house and kill their wives and children. Putin has maneuvered Russia into a dead end. Russia has nothing to gain from this war in the long term. All those who previously believed in peaceful coexistence with Russia are now voting to upgrade their military. It's time for the Russians to get rid of this crazy megalomaniac themselves.

On the other hand it may turn out to be a good thing. After Germany and Japan were defeated they became model world citizens. Unfortunately, a lot of people died and many war crimes were committed by all sides to expunge the fascists.

Edited by ozimoron

21 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Clear head and not getting carried away by the mass slaughter of innocents by banned cluster bombs.

Now the Russian thugs are surrounding cities, cutting off electricity supplies and are going to starve and freeze Ukrainian citizens into submission.

Maybe you could explain the "background and motivations" for a democratic country being brutalised and butchered against its will?

What part of barbaric murdering scum don't you understand?

How people like you can sleep at night is beyond me.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60585603

What do you suggest I should be doing then? Assault Russian holidaymakers in Pattaya? Just to show em who's boss?

Would that make you feel better?

Yet more excuses to expand the war. The hypocrites are the world's epicenter for hacking but now we get this...

A top Russian space official said any cyber attacks on the country’s satellites would be considered “a cause for war,” while denying that a control center had been taken down by hackers.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/03/02/russia-space-chief-hacking-satellites-war-00013211

• Like 2