At the UN, Thailand votes to condemn Russia’s aggression in Ukraine

webfact

47 minutes ago, OmegaRacer said:

What do you suggest I should be doing then? Assault Russian holidaymakers in Pattaya? Just to show em who's boss?

Would that make you feel better?

Turn on a TV, watch the latest drone footage of cities being flattened and stop making any excuses for Russia.

No if's or but's just condemnation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ergo, the Ambassador to the UN will now be removed and placed in a inactive position.....

I was just wondering why there are contradictory statements from Prayuth and the UN embassador.

Neutrality actually means an abstention voting, correct me if I am wrong.

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I was just wondering why there are contradictory statements from Prayuth and the UN embassador.

Neutrality actually means an abstention voting, correct me if I am wrong.

Two different audiences, international and domestic for the local Russian expats, gotta keep ‘‘em happy, they keep some of the tourist districts ticking?

22 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Is that the reason they invaded then?

Yes, Ukraine was getting friendly with the Western World and moving away from Russian influence and there has been talk of them joining NATO and Putin has long stated that Russia wouldn't accept that situation 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, rather similar to the Western World invading Iraq because of his weapons of mass destruction .

Taking out a threat before it turns into  serious threat that could destroy your Country 

You'll struggle to find anyone who supports the invasion of Iraq, so I'm not sure how this supports your argument. 

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, Ukraine was getting friendly with the Western World and moving away from Russian influence and there has been talk of them joining NATO and Putin has long stated that Russia wouldn't accept that situation 

So he lied when he said he was there to clear it of nazi’s.?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

So he lied when he said he was there to clear it of nazi’s.?

He did claim that some of the Ukrainian military had Nazi affiliations and there were independent Nazi militia in Ukraine who were attacking ethnic Russians in the area and the Ukrainian Neo Nazi gangs were also attacking Gypsies and LBTG people  in Ukraine and had been growing into a political party and gaining support

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He did claim that some of the Ukrainian military had Nazi affiliations and there were independent Nazi militia in Ukraine who were attacking ethnic Russians in the area and the Ukrainian Neo Nazi gangs were also attacking Gypsies and LBTG people  in Ukraine and had been growing into a political party and gaining support

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/03/icc-launches-war-crimes-investigation-russia-invasion-ukraine

You'll catch fleas sleeping with rats.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

https://theconversation.com/putins-claim-to-rid-ukraine-of-nazis-is-especially-absurd-given-its-history-177959

Tell me this isn't absurd.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, moving the border so that NATO/USA and Ukraine would not be able to put hostile missiles on Ukrainian territory 

Which means an elimination completely of Ukraine...

• Like 1

...the idea of Ukraine as a Nazi state is deeply rooted in the Russian nationalist narrative.

Similarly, Putin’s claims of “genocide” in Ukraine reflect Russian nationalism. Ukraine has a large ethnic Russian population, especially in its East, and many Ukrainians of all ethnicities speak Russian. In Putin’s paranoid telling, these people are not merely rightful Russian citizens wrongfully separated from the motherland; they are potential victims of an ethnic cleansing campaign by the neo-Nazi Ukrainian government.

https://www.vox.com/2022/2/24/22948944/putin-ukraine-nazi-russia-speech-declare-war

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Turn on a TV, watch the latest drone footage of cities being flattened and stop making any excuses for Russia.

No if's or but's just condemnation.

So, I should get all emotional about it like you. Anything else means one doesn't care, right? What have you changed so far by watching TV and being indignant? 

Are we in kindergarten or what?

Edited by OmegaRacer
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, DrDave said:

The NATO countries have far more skin in the game regarding trade with Russia compared to Thailand, and yet have committed to sanctions against Russia and support of the Ukrainian military, unlike Thailand.

Is Germany still receiving gas supplies from Russia or not?

Gazprom resumes westbound gas flows via Yamal pipeline to Germany

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/russian-gas-flows-via-yamal-pipeline-germany-decline-sharply-data-2022-03-03/