AFTERSHAVE - What is everyone wearing ???

RedArmy

17 hours ago, theblether said:

Sauvage is too popular, it's played out.  I use it as a daytime aftershave only these days. Other good daytime aftershaves are Eternity by Calvin Klein and CKIN2U for Him. Evening - 

Prada Carbon 

Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

Invictus Victory EDP

1 Million Paco Rabanne 

Boss the Scent EDP 

I note the OP has a collection of thirty-five, I reckon that's too many from experience. I used to have over twenty but there's no point, narrow down. Two tips that most men don't realise. EDP is far stronger than EDT and longer lasting.  Also, the second tip should be obvious. 

Combine your aftershaves. Prada Carbon & Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male combine well, for example. You don't need to stick to single use. 

I note the usual river of idiotic replies on this thread. First, ask your lady what she thinks. Thai women, in particular, are very sensitive to smell. One of the simplest things you can do to please her is to wear an aftershave that she enjoys. And contrary to opinion, most are very cheap when compared to daily cost. If you can't be bothered spending the equivalent of 20 baht a day to please your Thai lady then you're a moron. 

So give it a rest with your antiquated  drivel. No man in history has developed a bad reputation for smelling good. That's a lesson many farangs in Thailand need to learn. 

You seem to be conflating aftershave with perfumes/colognes. They have different qualities.

I can't imagine wearing a scent just to please someone else or worrying about whether it's too popular. I wear what I want and if someone notices it fair enough. It's nice to get complimented but I'd be embarassed fishing for compliments and worrying that my scent doesn't appeal to others. Each to their own. Lol.

I used Eternity for many a year and enjoyed it. I still have some but rarely use it these days. 

Not sure what you mean by antiquated drivel. 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

You seem to be conflating aftershave with perfumes/colognes.

No. The OP quickly made it clear that he's really talking about perfumes/colognes.

On 3/3/2022 at 9:00 PM, RedArmy said:

Appreciate the reply brother - I would imagine there are a lot of fake fragrances in Thailand - Thats why i brought my own.

images.jpeg-12.jpg

images.jpeg-3.jpg

I'd be embarassed fishing for compliments and worrying that my scent doesn't appeal to others.

Are you Indian? I guess that works for you then.

Not sure what you mean by antiquated drivel. Probably just a projection, as you'll figure out from reading posts from younger people on https://reddit.com/r/fragrance/ 

3 hours ago, BigStar said:

No. The OP quickly made it clear that he's really talking about perfumes/colognes.

Are you Indian? I guess that works for you then.

Not sure what you mean by antiquated drivel. Probably just a projection, as you'll figure out from reading posts from younger people on https://reddit.com/r/fragrance/ 

I wasn't responding to the OP but theblether's post above.

I'm English. No idea what you're getting at with Indians.

I'll pass on reading Reddit posts from "younger people". It's bad enough getting some of the dafter ones on my Tiktok timeline. 

45 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

I wasn't responding to the OP but theblether's post above.

Indirectly you were responding to the OP, as theblether was merely following up on the topic set by the OP. 

47 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

I'm English. No idea what you're getting at with Indians.

Have you smelled many Indians lately? Their scent is rather infamous among most of our other Brits on the forum and used for bashing purposes. Talk to the other "lads."

47 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

I'll pass on reading Reddit posts from "younger people". It's bad enough getting some of the dafter ones on my Tiktok timeline. 

So my assumption appears correct that you're merely projecting your own antiquated drivel.

5 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Have you smelled many Indians lately? Their scent is rather infamous among most of our other Brits on the forum and used for bashing purposes. Talk to the other "lads."

So my assumption appears correct that you're merely projecting your own antiquated drivel.

No, I don't go around sniffing Indians. Or anyone for that matter. 

Once again I have no idea what your talking about with "antiquated drivel". 

1 hour ago, Baht Simpson said:

No, I don't go around sniffing Indians. Or anyone for that matter. 

But I suggested you merely consult your fellow "lads" here. With Indians, you probably won't have a choice, as they share your own attitude.

1 hour ago, Baht Simpson said:

Once again I have no idea what your talking about with "antiquated drivel". 

My apologies on that point. I went back and read theblether's post and see that he was accusing others of such. Spoiled the fun. 🙂 

On 8/26/2024 at 11:56 AM, Baht Simpson said:

You seem to be conflating aftershave with perfumes/colognes. They have different qualities.

I can't imagine wearing a scent just to please someone else or worrying about whether it's too popular. I wear what I want and if someone notices it fair enough. It's nice to get complimented but I'd be embarassed fishing for compliments and worrying that my scent doesn't appeal to others. Each to their own. Lol.

I used Eternity for many a year and enjoyed it. I still have some but rarely use it these days. 

You must be bored. 

Anyway, I can't be bothered, I want to enjoy life. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Only bother wearing aftershave if I go to a do nowadays, which is not that often.

They don't make it anymore, but I still use Gucci Envy. I only have about half a small bottle left.

TIP: I was once talking to a woman who worked in the perfume industry. She told me that it is best to keep perfumes and aftershaves in the fridge because it keeps them fresh.

8 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

White Swallows?

So do chocolate people 😎

On topic ... I avoid putting chemicals on my skin, as no different than drinking it.  It all gets absorbed into you body & blood system.

15 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Should this topic not be moved to the gay forum? 

Where is that at? Do I get to give MY opinion on gay issues?

I dont shave. Cologne wise, I wear Clive Christian No1 or Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla right now, although I would like to get some Blenheim Bouquet