Health Minister Orders Covid Hotline Capacity Increase

webfact

Looks like thailand is catching up with telemedicine. 
Even a year ago this hotline centre was operating by traditional phones, not headphones with microphones, so 2 medics were necessary to do writing and searching through piles of papers with empty hospital beds. 
They were not using computers for it, all manual. 
Also this centre was manned by untrained volunteers and was permanently understaffed - understandable, if medics were doing very long shifts in hospitals on their payed job. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I wonder.........how many on here have been in a position where they could simply order things to be done, without any consideration being given to what is involved in actually fulfilling the order?

With the possible exception of my wife I don't know anyone.

Ditto

• Haha 1

Wow....strong words and a fair explanation ...but if you really believe only 1% of Thais are not fed up then my guess is you live and work in Bangkok and deal with educated Thais only...not  rural Thailand... in other words my friend I think you are out of touch and at worst delusional ....no offence meant 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Birdseye said:

Wow....strong words and a fair explanation ...but if you really believe only 1% of Thais are not fed up then my guess is you live and work in Bangkok and deal with educated Thais only...not  rural Thailand... in other words my friend I think you are out of touch and at worst delusional ....no offence meant 

"only 1% of Thais are not fed up"

Doesn't fit in with the rest of your post, or am I reading it wrong?

Are you saying that in rural Thailand Anutin is liked and highly respected because he is a politician?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

more than 70,000 calls were made to the 1330 hotline on 1 March

Wow!

Amazing that so many people know what number to call, and that feel this is their only option.

Bit of a failure if you ask me.

Can't se throwing more CSRs at the problem will work? They'll need to be trained.

I'd get that 1 million person volunteer health force in action.

8 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Buy Paxlovid from Pfizer and distribute it to people, dont wait for Sinaxlovid, as due to China shut down , CCPs copying capability is affected.

We are talking about a country where its citizens go to the emergency department of a hospital and sit there for 2 or 3 hours before seeing a doctor if they have a headache!. So of course they need more covid hot lines.

• Like 1

Depending on volunteers  to do such a demanding and mentally taxing job is probably a bad choice.

Paying people to do that job  would help everyone. 

Get half the police force and TAT  employees to rotate 300-400 positions in the call center. 

Wow 70,000

But its now 4th march and the reported numbers are far lower.

So whats going on? ????????????

Is that why we hear predictions that cases could rise to 50,000 to 100,000.

Perhaps well before april.

20 hours ago, Ginner said:

We are talking about a country where its citizens go to the emergency department of a hospital and sit there for 2 or 3 hours before seeing a doctor if they have a headache!. So of course they need more covid hot lines.

Every time I am feeling unwell - either self induced hangover or a bit of a stomach upset - regardless of what time of day or night it is, my Thai wife's response is "Go see doctor?"