Latex Mattress

Jaymatheson

Cqn anyone explain what 'Memory Foam' is please. From what I have read, it goes back to its original shape when not been laid upon, so it actaualy has NO memory...an Alzeheimer's Mattress.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

A 100% latex mattress will be both extremely heavy and expensive. A latex topper though still not cheap is more reasonably priced and a manageable weight

I bought a 100% latex mattress and it was worth every cent. Sure it is heavy and expensive but we spend 8 hours of our lives there.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Cqn anyone explain what 'Memory Foam' is please. From what I have read, it goes back to its original shape when not been laid upon, so it actaualy has NO memory...an Alzeheimer's Mattress.

you can see it also in the way that it has a memory from his original shape .....

going back to that original shape  in his memory .....so it has a memory anyway ????

But not really what the producer meant ...????

@Jaymatheson

You need to get a Thai person to buy latex mattress for you because they have different prices for foreigners and locals, not only in Homepro but also those latex shops inside the city center.

I have experience shopping for it in Chiang Mai and the salesmen were quite dodgy. They thought that I couldn't understand Thai when they phone their manager over the phone on what price to charge me.

Yeahh. double pricing...

Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I bought a 100% latex mattress and it was worth every cent. Sure it is heavy and expensive but we spend 8 hours of our lives there.

10years + in service ...., and indeed worth the money ....10 years x 8  hours and still in good service .....but ..... heavy as lead ...., also this my model can only be used 1 side , can not turn as that under side is hard almost as wood 

Dunloppilo latex mattress.jpg

31 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So-called memory foam is a 'cheapo artificial latex'. Natural 100% latex is far more superior, watch the video below.

Edited by EricTh

47 minutes ago, david555 said:

you can see it also in the way that it has a memory from his original shape .....

going back to that original shape  in his memory .....so it has a memory anyway ????

But not really what the producer meant ...????

So when the mattress was made, it was flat, and it will go back to that shape when any weight is taken off it, is that what you mean?

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So when the mattress was made, it was flat, and it will go back to that shape when any weight is taken off it, is that what you mean?

That is what it does ....  but with the memory label they mean it takes the shape of your body to support ...... not really a good naming for the effect .... but a  "marketing name to sell the product " ????

9 minutes ago, Jaymatheson said:

Thanks everyone.

A 100% latex mattress/topper around 10-15cm should be fine for my needs.

Any recommendation on brands through Lazada, Shopee or ordered directly from manufacturer?  Thai friend will be placing the order.

At 10/15 cm you might not find as they ar of  smaller thickness ...., but anyway softening the hard edges of cheap common Thai mattresses 

46 minutes ago, Jaymatheson said:

Thanks everyone.

A 100% latex mattress/topper around 10-15cm should be fine for my needs.

Any recommendation on brands through Lazada, Shopee or ordered directly from manufacturer?  Thai friend will be placing the order.

I bought mine at homepro but can't remember the name, they only had one supplier

54 minutes ago, david555 said:

That is what it does ....  but with the memory label they mean it takes the shape of your body to support ...... not really a good naming for the effect .... but a  "marketing name to sell the product " ????

So really it is a NON MEMORY mattress.   LOL