New online 90 day report system syncing 90 day report with extensions?

A few days ago I did a 90 day report using the new system, I had used this system already the last time.

The last time everything was normal, new 90 day report date was 90 days in the future.

For the 90 day report which I just did (in the Email itself, as well as in the attached PDF) the new 90 day report date is the date my current extension expires, which is in less than a month.

Did this happen to anybody else? Are they maybe trying to sync 90 day reports with extensions?

Seen a few, not too many, of this recently with the new system.

Maybe it's an office policy thing?

I was encouraged to do a 90-day report a good 40 days ahead of my next report date during my most recent ext stay/ret at CW in September 2021.

Oh! Now that might explain what was scribbled on the receipt of my last 90 day report.

I thought it was a reminder that that was when my new extension begins........as I thought the 90 day cycle was independent of the extension process....confusion reigns.

2 hours ago, Farmerslife said:

It is my experience (Korat immigration) that 90 day reports have only ever gone up to the date of the visa extension and have not carried beyond, whether done in person or online makes no difference. 

Arrived Oct 2005 and never had that problem using quite a few Immigration Offices, initially Bangkok (pre CW), then Nong Khai, Chiang Khan, Mae Sot (Tak), Phitsanulok and now Phetchabun.

That means join the queue to do 90 day report, then queue to get expensive copies for the extension pack and finally join the queue for the extension submission (after queuing same day at the bank to get the bank letter and statement) means more time in the Immigration Office therefore potentially more risk to you and them of Covid exposure, that doesn't include the queuing time in the office to get the TM7 pack initially (will not allow me to use the downloadable / fillable version).

Korat has always reset 90-day report to start with your latest extension.

Did my last 90-day report in Feb using the new system and only given

30 days until my extension renewal was due in March at which time was

issued with a new full 90-day report date.

• Confused 1

I do my 90 Day Reports on-line. My next 90 Day Report is done automatically by the Immigration Officer as part of my annual extension - they have done this every year since my first annual extension. As I am already in the Immigration office it requires no effort on my part and whilst my next 90 Day Reporting Date might not actually be due at the time of my annual extension visit to Immigration I am then good for another 90 Days until my next report.
Makes a lot of sense to me. 

Edited by skorts

Pretty much every year I have 90 day report dates that are past my extension date.  This year my 90 day report date was about a week past my extension date so I did them both at the same time.  First time that has happened though. I will have to see what happens next year.

6 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

Why would they give you a date to report beyond your stay until date? Common bro.

I think that it is a common occurence. As your 90 day report has nothing to do with your yearly extension , so UbonJoe tells us.

5 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

Why would they give you a date to report beyond your stay until date? Common bro.

For me, my 90-day report "next report date" has ALWAYS been beyond the permission to stay date (at CW). Maybe now they realize it should be like the re-entry permit; tied to your PtS date? The mysteries of thai imm.

• Like 1

That is how I got screwed last year. Korat always set my last 90 day to the end of my extension. Last year I didn't look at my extension date and went in using my 90 day -date--7 day overstay! Did the 90 day online as I usually had done.

Edited by bunnydrops
made clearer