Foreign tourists will flood into Thailand after marijuana law changes - Thai ganja called country's "secret weapon"

webfact

12 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Riiiight! Keep on hating buddy! It's all good. I'll stick with the opinion of experts on the subject matter instead! ????

Ad hominem and Fallacious appeal to authority - as soon as someone uses the word "expert" you know they're on a losing cause.

As said, it's the message, not the messenger that matters

Edited by Thunglom

10 hours ago, bobbin said:

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing..

It is a fact that due to the restrictions of illegality in many places, there are not large numbers of repeatable studies with large numbers of participants. It's difficult to recruit people for what is still illegal..

For example, in the USA, despite legalization in many States, most research receives Federal funding. Or doesn't receive Federal funding in this case. Reason being, the Federal Government is not yet onboard with legalization.

Canada, on the other hand has completely legalized and researchers are eligible to receive government funding. Canada therefore will be a major source of studies and the recipient of many patents arising from this research. First mover advantage.

As for your assertions about pain relief, you are very much behind the curve. Cannabis already has a role in pain management. Proven efficacy. It actually works by reducing patients' distress, not because of any opiate-like effects, which have there own well-documented problems. Pain relief is a major factor in modern medicine.

Everything you say is almost te direct opposite of the reality - research in th US is hampered by the illegality- you need to read up on pain research and placebos etc.

" Pain relief is a major factor in modern medicine." - this is quite a bizarre moment - nothing to do with anything I said - it is however very subjective snd difficult to measure - that's why it attracts quackery, the gullible and the desperate.

In short, you are a perfect example of my argument - 

Edited by Thunglom

2 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

Everything you say is almost te direct opposite of the reality - research in th US is hampered by the illegality- you need to read up on pain research and placebos etc.

" Pain relief is a major factor in modern medicine." - this is quite a bizarre moment - nothing to do with anything I said - it is however very subjective snd difficult to measure - that's why it attracts quackery, the gullible and the desperate.

What a load of but buts..

Of course pain is subjective since only one party is experiencing it. That hasn't stopped modern medicine from quantifying it and treating it. Pain is a major reason for patients' distress in many diseases..

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bobbin said:

What a load of but buts..

Of course pain is subjective since only one party is experiencing it. That hasn't stopped modern medicine from quantifying it and treating it. Pain is a major reason for patients' distress in many diseases..

you don't even begin to understand th concept or the science.

On 3/8/2022 at 4:58 AM, Okis said:

A pure indica or a indica dominant hybrid would be even faster since the flowering times for most of them is 7-9 weeks depending on the strain.  That would mean that you would be able to harvest around 3 months after planting. 

Having done a few closet grows I learned that the most hazardous time is the flowering period, very difficult to hide the smell of the flowers in bloom.  I knew my neighbors could smell it, and I hoped that they would not know what it was, or that they could not tell which house it was coming from.  However if you walked into my house there would be no doubt -- and this is with only 3 or 4 plants, even put in an exhaust duct & fan.

There are stories coming out of rural Oregon about the smell coming out of the legal grow sites, people claiming it's making them, or their kids, or their livestock, sick.

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2022 at 11:33 AM, Thunglom said:

Ad hominem and Fallacious appeal to authority - as soon as someone uses the word "expert" you know they're on a losing cause.

As said, it's the message, not the messenger that matters

Mate, you lost the argument already several posts back, but keep sticking your head in the sand and ignore the facts. No skin off my nose! ????

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 12:39 AM, ThailandRyan said:

So they believe that it will be a trip to have a high of a trip...these folks could make a wet dream seem like it could come true even for a celibate castrated monk who had his privates cut off and fed to the ducks....

Thai stick from the 70's was a very wonderful invention, and the hippies loved it.....

Cheech and Chong - "Tied Stick - You know, the stuff that's tied to a stick". 

21 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Mate, you lost the argument already several posts back, but keep sticking your head in the sand and ignore the facts. No skin off my nose! ????

Only a very low brow approach like this would think it's a matter of "winning or losing" it's a discussion not a football match.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

It stopped being a discussion when you denied that cannabis does have medicinal purposes and you began to refuse to even consider contrary evidence. Your mind is made up, you don't want to believe it and that's that! 

By the way, neither your subliminal insults nor your twisting and turning of my replies does change the fact that cannabis does have medicinal purposes, as has been proven by studies, regardless of your opinion and that's all there is to it!

So, as I've said before, keep sticking your head in the sand. No skin off my nose! 

Yes, Thunglom is one of those guys..

• Like 2

To make a story short I ended up with some vials like oil syringes for cancer patient. One night I thought what the hell and did some, obviously more than I should have because that was a miserable night, had demonous visions, was so glad when morning came, don't think I slept.

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2022 at 6:01 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

I'll take those who like a drink over out of control, obnoxious pot heads, at least they're not self-righteous, obnoxious pot heads.

In my past experience, in Thailand 1972-1973, for every 1 out 10 out of control pot smokers, there were 6 to 8 out of 10 out of control drunks!
And every out of control drunk was obnoxious and many times dangerous.   Back in 1972-1973 and still that way today. 

Edited by radiochaser
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, radiochaser said:

In my past experience, in Thailand 1972-1973, for every 1 out 10 out of control pot smokers, there were 6 to 8 out of 10 out of control drunks!
And every out of control drunk was obnoxious and many times dangerous.   Back in 1972-1973 and still that way today. 

Perhaps you should have chosen your social circle more carefully all those (irrelevant) 50 years (!) ago!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

To make a story short I ended up with some vials like oil syringes for cancer patient. One night I thought what the hell and did some, obviously more than I should have because that was a miserable night, had demonous visions, was so glad when morning came, don't think I slept.

An insane thing to do. 

On 3/8/2022 at 5:32 AM, sambum said:

Just so you know that education in English is something we all take for granted - corrections highlighted and underlined:-

My daughter had a male teacher in high school that smoked pot.  Then they decided that kids were getting into it mainly from parents or other adults, so the Education Department decided that they needed to be taught  the rights and wrongs about it. (extra?) Guess who got the job? That male teacher! And  what did the kids get out of it? How to chop up and to pack a bong, and tell  the difference between a male and female plant. (Can't beat  the Aussie education.)

Just being a pedantic English Grammar Police (man!) ???? 

You need to show your badge.  ????

Police - Grammar - To Correct and Serve.jpg

• Like 1

Honestly he's right, but ONLY if it's actually legalized.

They could create a massive island campaign with Thai rhasta music and that one song from Bob Marley about Thailand. It would be an enormous hit.

KORT Sabai

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2022 at 1:36 PM, JonnyF said:

I've read that 10 times and I still don't understand it. If you read as well as you write, it's not surprising you completely misunderstood my post ????.

If you want to fly half way around the world to smoke a joint under a coconut tree (and probably get arrested as it's not actually legal) then go for it. I look forward to the GoFundMe. ????

image.png.937a949ba3fe409639694dd02a8295eb.png

I smoke joint daily, even outdoor, and as you can see, after so many years , I am still here ❤️

• Haha 1