Committee Concludes Thailand Should Buy F-35 Jets From U.S.

snoop1130

Buying the over priced stealth fighter jet is another stupid move if Thailand actually thinks it needs this Jet.

There are many other jets that are way cheaper, and even have 2 engines, that make a lot more sense to 

have. The committee is likely non pilot experienced people just like the health minister. Silly country.

• Like 1

You need to change the headline to "F-35 jet" not "F-35 jets". They are so expensive tourists free Thailand can only afford one.

Quite how you can look at a range of planes and choose one plagued with troubles and which falls out of the sky, I have no idea. Idiocy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Thailand may be have decided to buy F-35's due to the influence and experience of a Very Important Person in Thailand.

I depends on IF the US government allows Lockheed to sell the F35 whatever version to Thailand.

The cost of spares will be very expensive and no spares in the RTAF current inventory will fit an F35. 

2 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

You need to change the headline to "F-35 jet" not "F-35 jets". They are so expensive tourists free Thailand can only afford one.

Quite how you can look at a range of planes and choose one plagued with troubles and which falls out of the sky, I have no idea. Idiocy.

According to this article only 7 F35 of all variants have crashed in the last few years.

https://eurasiantimes.com/f-35c-stealth-fighter-jet-crashes-becomes-only-the-2nd-f-35-to-goes-down/

I doubt the US will sell the F 35 to Thailand given Thailand's current form of government (compare to the nine nations* that have or ordered the F 35 and current interest exoressed by Sweden), Thailand's security agreement with China and close relationship with Russia.

* Finland, Switzerland, Belgium, Poland, Denmark, Italy, Norway, the UK and the Netherlands

At a time when Thailand has stopped its delivery of submarines from China (because of the economic cost of the covid-19 pandemic?), buying the J 20 any time soon seems unlikely. Especially if there is a National Election this year. 

But hey, If Vietnam and Myanmar can propose to buy the Suk 57 - Thailand has to keep up with the "Joneses" or lose face.

My car is safety checked every year and if just a tiny item isnt correct, then it fails the test.

However the F35 is flying around with 600 faults in it and they MUST fly otherwise the list will increase.

Also red stealth was old news, they can be spotted and they can not carry some bombs, which the F16 could.

And they cost a lot. "My"country ordered 80 of them, but for now end up with just 38, due to developing costs.

And we dont even yet have those 38.

So more cash needed for many more to come, with 600 faults in it, just being flying crash dummies.