OFFICIAL: Malaysia reopens April 1 - Border run possibilities?

I read today that Malaysia opens up on April 1.

Source: https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysia-pm-says-to-reopen-border-to-international-visitors-from-april-1

Does anyone know if a border run could be possible at this point? 

They don't require PCR-test on arrival, except for a Rapid Test Kit-Antigen (RTK-Ag) done within 24 hours after arrival.

Obviously, one need to be fully vaccinated (2 dose) and undergo a pcr-test pre departure. 

Edited by racket
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

This sounds like it's aimed at Thai and Malaysian nationals. 

And foreigners would still need the Thailand Pass to enter?? 

Even Thais currently need a Thailand Pass to enter Thailand.

4 hours ago, racket said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do these isolated vaccinated travel lanes only allow nationals between the countries? My thinking is that perhaps it won't work with foreigners, or those who don't possess a Thai passport for instance. 

Deleted 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

17 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

From the Test & Go website it appears this is an option only for Thais and Malaysians.

See https://land.tp.consular.go.th/en/plan

and click on list of countries

List of countries shows Lao PDR and Malaysia. Its not restricted to those nationals. It just means you have to travel from one of those countries when applying for a land border Thailand Pass. (Myanmar and Cambodia not on the list yet)

4 hours ago, racket said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do these isolated vaccinated travel lanes only allow nationals between the countries? My thinking is that perhaps it won't work with foreigners, or those who don't possess a Thai passport for instance. 

I am pretty sure the Singapore VTL line that has been operating for the past month or so allows all nationalities as long as you have been in the country for 14 days. Whether this applies to the new VTL is yet to be seen.

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia will reopen its borders to international travellers starting April 1, says Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob on Tuesday (March 8).

The Prime Minister said visitors, as well as Malaysian returnees, who are fully vaccinated are not required to undergo quarantine upon arrival.

They, however, must undergo a RT-PCR test two days before departure and a rapid test (RTK) upon arrival.

As for travellers who have not been fully vaccinated, Ismail Sabri said the entry procedures will be explained by Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin on Wednesday (March 9).

For foreign travellers arriving into Malaysia, they are no longer required to apply through MyTravelPass.

Ismail Sabri said they are only required to download the MySejahtera app and must complete a pre-departure form.

Anyone interested to go Malaysia for whatever reasons.

Better download Mysejahtera apps to register and try to upload your vaccine status/information in the apps in advance.

As it might not be easy/fast to upload oversea vaccines in that apps. ????

Edited by Calvin1976