In Thailand, businesses feel economic shock of Ukraine war

webfact

I haven't heard aeroflot is overcrowded. There is always a lot of space in cargo compartment, luggage is just a smal part. Yes, some 2 aviation companies cancelled flights, but I don't think russians are in rush to come home to war torn country and into conscription. That unless completely out of money and work options. I would think some chose asylum anywhere in the world, as ukrainians do now.

With falling rubel there is a chance that wheat can be yet imported to thailand below market price, but in long run there would be shortage.

Markets work in pretty much goods exchange - if no thai export, there would be a small chance for import. Transport system has to be loaded both ways to be economical.

• Like 1

Gone are those happy days of 'just in time' stock management. Now I have to manage stock based on 'just in case''. Forget about having stock in the right place at the right time. Supply disruptions, price increases and shipping turmoil have rendered managing stock and ability to pass costs a nightmare for businesses. No one really know how long this economic shock will last. Some said 7-10 days of denying Russia any sort of victory will force Putin to negotiate. I will stay hopeful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reporting in the US must be bad. I am reading most Russians are with Putin (as in supporting the war). The propaganda machine is working! Also I am reading Russians don't know the extent of the war.

Edited by garyk

15 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Over the years, I have met and befriended a few Russians, some in the US and some in Thailand.  Such a shame Vlad has ruined things.  Russians deserve better.

As you will know, Russians are fed propaganda from the controlled Russian TV and most believe what they are told . Russia is an insular country because of close controlled communism and if you do not conform with the laws or tow the line , you will be in big trouble . The Russians who are trapped abroad will be told the truth and only last night on TV there was a Russian lady who had joined a demonstration opposing Putin in London saying she was embarrassed and ashamed to be Russian . At the same time 2 ladies in Russia said they were 200% behind Putins actions but only because they are fed lies and B/S . 

I would like to see stranded Russians repatriated so they could spread the truth about the murderous Putin . Tis not only Thailand who are feeling the pinch , most countries will be effected in some way . I say to Thailand , how about sending foreign aid to Ukraine and give instead of taking for a change . Like Russia the Thai people are not shown the slaughter of the brave Ukraine folk on Thai TV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1