Quiche dough

Hans49

Have you tried the usual falang oriented supermarkets?  Foodland, Friendship, Topps?

I know Makro sells pre rolled/made pastry dough, I've bought from them many times but never looked into quiche dough.

Edited by bbko

15 minutes ago, pagallim said:

So easy to make yourself.   Why buy frozen?   Quiche dough is only short crust pastry, the same as for any pie.   What you can do is alter the taste by mixing dry herbs depending on what kind of quiche filling you're making.

https://bakeplaysmile.com/quiche-crust/

Indeed---I have made it even WITHOUT crust---used crackers--bread--pie crust---many options as the low carb crowds go without the crust---I used to cook on a boat and used old bread as the crust--cooking it a bit to make sure it didnt get soggy from egg mixture...

Sidenote was having brunch with a buddy and the cute waitress asked what he will have--he said Ill have the "quickie" and she slapped him----I stopped her and apologized....I said he meant to order the "quiche".......hope u gents enjoyed the themed humor attempt...

On 3/11/2022 at 5:40 PM, bbko said:

Have you tried the usual falang oriented supermarkets?  Foodland, Friendship, Topps?

I know Makro sells pre rolled/made pastry dough, I've bought from them many times but never looked into quiche dough.

No luck with Foodland, Friendship, Tops.

I once had a quiche made with puff pastry at Metz / Loraine. Delicious and obviously authentic.

Since then I use it too for my home made quiches as the dough.

Available at many stores here, Siambury's might be the cheapest.

I'm adding cheese, sour cream, egg, some onions, a little garlic, some ham and cover it with bacon. Bake it until the bacon on top becomes crispy.