Thai Prime Minister says drinking booze does not help prevent Covid-19 after fake news goes viral in Thailand

snoop1130

The only way booze is going to prevent you from catching Covid is if you buy an appropriately large glass jar and fill it up to the rim with your favorite tipple. You then pickle yourself in it, making sure that you stay submerged permanently. Oh, and please ask someone to screw on the lid!

Moe pickled.jpg

Edited by Misterwhisper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

hand sanitizer

Yeah it’s killed one prisoner, made another permanently lose his eyesight, and put many in hospital just in the last week or so, and is now banned in prisons.

Quite the wallop.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

They wiped out tens of thousands of businesses nationwide. I have friends who were bankrupted, while trying to keep their business open for a year of so, then finally failing. They were hoping for support of some kind from the administration, but all they got was pure sadism. Unemployment will remain well over 10% for years to come, suicides have skyrocketed, so has homelessness. The economy here is in shambles.

There has been 5 million deaths from covid 19 around the world .

Most countries underestimated the disease from the beginning  and paid for it with there lives .

You speak of sadism which applies to your good self with your comments .

Unemployment would of been prevalent here in Thailand with or without any decisions on covid from the Thai Government .  Why ? Because most people stopped travelling . Not forgetting the main tourist stream was from China that ceased all together because of covid . That is why people are unemployed . 

6 hours ago, johncat1 said:

So Prayut is now taking advice from Anutin the health minister ? But of course Anutin with no qualifications in the medical profession is an expert on this matter.

Here we have The Chuckle Brothers spouting their nonsense again. Pair of demented circus clowns who run the only circus in the Banana Republic of Thailand.

3 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Cha Cha is a "Chuckles the Clown" type of guy....laff a minute.

Sadly he actually believes his drivel.

Thailand is doomed with retired soldiers resplendent with their 20 Baht shop medals.

The world chuckles at, not with him.

Cha Cha and the health minister with the degree in engineering are not known as The Chuckle Brothers for no reason.

What is scary is that he thought he had to respond to these claims. I guess it was the only thing he thought he could respond to with some surety of being correct. I'm not sure he even thought of it all by himself.

It was likely the outcome of a long round table discussion with all of his ministers to come up with this response. I feel so much safer now.

1 hour ago, Moo 2 said:

This guy is loaded with knowledge, first he is a General, then a PM and now a Doctor, that will be hard to beat at the next Elections.

A pity that he will not be standing for election. Even Blind Freddy's dog could win against him and he knows it.

2 hours ago, itsari said:

There has been 5 million deaths from covid 19 around the world .

Most countries underestimated the disease from the beginning  and paid for it with there lives .

You speak of sadism which applies to your good self with your comments .

Unemployment would of been prevalent here in Thailand with or without any decisions on covid from the Thai Government .  Why ? Because most people stopped travelling . Not forgetting the main tourist stream was from China that ceased all together because of covid . That is why people are unemployed . 

Not highly selective shutdowns, favoring the cronies, and penalizing the common Thai? 

And not because Thailand remains one of the few tourism nations to still have quarantine requirements? 

Though I am sure the leadership would appreciate you letting them off the hook so easily, the veracity of your statement is highly questionable. 

And I am a sadist? Where did that come from? Truth is rarely sadistic, when it applies to a reckless government. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Not highly selective shutdowns, favoring the cronies, and penalizing the common Thai? 

And not because Thailand remains one of the few tourism nations to still have quarantine requirements? 

Though I am sure the leadership would appreciate you letting them off the hook so easily, the veracity of your statement is highly questionable. 

And I am a sadist? Where did that come from? Truth is rarely sadistic, when it applies to a reckless government. 

The Thai commoners have been penalized the most . Is that not how most countries work?

China has restrictions in place and quarantine . That is a large stumbling block for the Thai tourist industry alone .

Let the Thai leadership of the hook ? For what ? Reckless government ? If anyone has a attitude to the Government they live in as you do should consider trying something new .

You enjoy inflicting humiliation at the Thai leadership . That can be considered as sadistic and that is what i meant . 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Almost any amount of alcohol can weaken your immune system.  That reduces your body's ability to fight viruses and bacteria.

Screenshot_20220311-193113_Chrome.jpg

And yet some doctors recommend that drinking a couple of beers a day is actually good for you

Edited by onthedarkside
unsourced quote removed

1 hour ago, itsari said:

The Thai commoners have been penalized the most . Is that not how most countries work?

China has restrictions in place and quarantine . That is a large stumbling block for the Thai tourist industry alone .

Let the Thai leadership of the hook ? For what ? Reckless government ? If anyone has a attitude to the Government they live in as you do should consider trying something new .

You enjoy inflicting humiliation at the Thai leadership . That can be considered as sadistic and that is what i meant . 

Nearly every time I see someone complaining, or observing a shortfall within Thailand, some lame guy, who has not taken the time to think things through, nor to devote any focus or effort to a reasonable reply, says something like "Perhaps Thailand is not for you", or maybe you should leave, or the top prize, "if you do not like it here, go back to your own country". Hard to even respond to such inane statements. Why? Because I have some issues with the place? Sorry to inform you, but the nature of a discerning mind, is to have issues. Though absolute contentment must be a beautiful state of mind, it is not something most of us are blessed with, in case you have not noticed. The fact that I complain, does not mean I do not love Thailand, nor most of it's people. I do. 

I love my life here. I have a very good life here. But, I do have some complaints, and there are some things I would love to see improved. I should leave because of that? Please. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

They wiped out tens of thousands of businesses nationwide. I have friends who were bankrupted, while trying to keep their business open for a year of so, then finally failing. They were hoping for support of some kind from the administration, but all they got was pure sadism. Unemployment will remain well over 10% for years to come, suicides have skyrocketed, so has homelessness. The economy here is in shambles.

There certainly could've been a much more sensible and pragmatic approach during the highly sensationalized and overreacted Covid Era, as the greater percentage of business struggles and failings eventually effects the authoritarian elite in the longer run. 

And as we all know, it's all about their class survival. 

Might be reminded, Mike, that these rather repressive practices of closing down/restricting most everything were becoming commonplace the world over during the first year-and-a-half of the make believe crises, severely damaging the the true economic sectors - the majority working classes - for years to come. 

12 hours ago, Guderian said:

He should also advise them that taking Thai traditional herbal medicines is ineffective too, as is buying a more powerful amulet. As he won't say those things, that must mean he actually believes them himself, proof if it was ever needed that the guy's a complete dope, lol.

of course he believes it , they all do , lol    don't you remember about maybe 4 or 5 years ago when they held some sort of "exorcism" to rid a government building of "dark forces" There were also some "serious ????allegations" regarding Taksins use of Khmer black magic  I used to think that the so called educated elite only pretended to believe in this rubbish as a way of controlling the masses through fear, and that they based the important decisions on more scientific / factual data.   I have known for a long time that i was wrong, so dreadfully wrong

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nearly every time I see someone complaining, or observing a shortfall within Thailand, some lame guy, who has not taken the time to think things through, nor to devote any focus or effort to a reasonable reply, says something like "Perhaps Thailand is not for you", or maybe you should leave, or the top prize, "if you do not like it here, go back to your own country". Hard to even respond to such inane statements. Why? Because I have some issues with the place? Sorry to inform you, but the nature of a discerning mind, is to have issues. Though absolute contentment must be a beautiful state of mind, it is not something most of us are blessed with, in case you have not noticed. The fact that I complain, does not mean I do not love Thailand, nor most of it's people. I do. 

I love my life here. I have a very good life here. But, I do have some complaints, and there are some things I would love to see improved. I should leave because of that? Please. 

Some complaints? That is all you do is complain .

But you are not on your own .

• Haha 1

I can't laugh too much about this headline because my former president said drinking bleach helps. ????

My GF says Thais are less susceptible to COVID because they eat pla ra. The Indians claimed the same because of curry and the Koreans kimchi.

On 3/12/2022 at 5:11 AM, meatboy said:

it does work when the drunken bar stewards go out on the roads.

No, no, no - by going out on the road, and getting killed prevents CV-19. The problem is the unintended consequences for innocent collateral damage.