Test & Go: Reservations for the whole stay needed?

New rules for T & G? I just (12 March) arrived with Test & Go and the immigration processing was quite unpleasant. An immigration officer was walking along the queues pre-checking the docs. He asked for reservations beyond T&G day 1. Most did not have any or just a few days. Then he suggested that one could stay in the same hotel as day 1 and tell this the immigration officer at the counter. The same question was asked at the counter. My statement was then accepted that I would stay in the same hotel. If this is really a new requirement and it would be enforced, they would have to send 50% of the arrivals back. Much different than T&G v1, processing much slower. Anyone any similar or different experiences? Is it really needed to present reservations for your whole stay?

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Apparently they are wanting to know where you will be staying when the 2nd test on day 5 you will do so they can follow up if you do not report the results

Its all a bit ridiculous...  I’ve had two entries under Test & Go and on both occasions have been unable to report the ATK result (no notification or upload option on the Mor Chana App).

• Thanks 1

Hi, quick question actually (sorry about that, it's slightly different subject but related): the Thailand pass website doesn't mention any requirement for a COVID test PRIOR to departure, is it not needed at all? I will be traveling from the UK. Many thanks

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, tezzaaa said:

Hi, quick question actually (sorry about that, it's slightly different subject but related): the Thailand pass website doesn't mention any requirement for a COVID test PRIOR to departure, is it not needed at all? I will be traveling from the UK. Many thanks

It certainly on the site.

"Obtain a negative COVID-19 test result (RT-PCR), issued within 72 hours before travelling"

It is shown on all 3 of types of entries on this page. https://tp.consular.go.th/en/plan

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its all a bit ridiculous...  I’ve had two entries under Test & Go and on both occasions have been unable to report the ATK result (no notification or upload option on the Mor Chana App).

I asked my current hotel (1st T&G night) how to handle the ATK result. They told me no need to use Mor Chana. "Just send us the result and we will put it into the system."

On 3/13/2022 at 1:10 AM, ubonjoe said:

Apparently they are wanting to know where you will be staying when the 2nd test on day 5 you will do so they can follow up if you do not report the results

They were quite serious about this, but did not explain any reason, like ATK result reporting. It should be then an official requirement to have a reservation for day 5, have a field in the form to give contact info, or don't ask at all. There was quite some confusion in my queue at immigration.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, alex8912 said:

I've learned through the years that Thailand forms are like a Fifth grade anal teacher. They want things filled in to look good but nobody really scrutinizes very much for basic paperwork.

Very well put, and so true! Add to that the hand-drawn map often required at immigration, where no one looks to see whether it reflects actual geography, or even has real street names ????

8 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Very well put, and so true! Add to that the hand-drawn map often required at immigration, where no one looks to see whether it reflects actual geography, or even has real street names ????

Lol I've heard about that on here so many times. Several people said if you bring in a copy of a google map which would be accurate, they want the the hand written one!  Jeez! So funny.