Thailand reports 22,130 new COVID-19 cases, 69 deaths, 23,508 recoveries

webfact

COV14.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Monday (March 14) reported 22,130 new COVID-19 cases, 23,508 recoveries and 69 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Monday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 3,206,955 with 23,778 deaths.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update14MAR).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-03-14

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

7 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Hooray lower numbers again,,, but in the meantime in my area there were as they announced on Friday at least 54 people positive. As one person did not have any symptons  he went out for work, but when his family tested positive too they called him back from work and they closed the place where he did his job. They have to stay in quarantine now, but they said it was too difficult because there is nobody who can do the shopping for them or buy food somewhere.. How many of these cases are there all over Thailand? No wonder the numbers are so low. And my area with 54 positive cases is not even that big, 

You are unfortunately right. The infected people still need to have money to pay bills, buy food, and take care of family.  Thats why my GF's ex is now on his 3rd bought of Covid once again.  The man just will not stay home either and I wonder how many he has infected as a Grab delivery rider, working at his parents pizza shop and so on as he needs to pay his mortgage and car payment as well as take care of his new wife ....you can not make this stuff up, and without a safety net to help the lower rung it will not slow the cases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just had the report for 12th March, nothing for 11th, which shows a rise from 197 cases reported on the 10th.

Health officials on Saturday (Mar 12) reported 230 new COVID-19 cases in Prachuap Khiri Khan province, of which 96 cases were found in Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in the province, 29 cases were found in Pranburi, 31 cases in Sam Roi Yot, 1 case in Kuiburi, 12 cases in Thap Sakae, 4 cases in Bang Saphan, 30 cases in Bang Saphan Noi, and 28 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan.

No new COVID-19 related deaths were reported in the province today.

https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/mar-12-prachuap-reports-230-new-covid-19-cases-96-cases-in-hua-hin/

46 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You are unfortunately right. The infected people still need to have money to pay bills, buy food, and take care of family.  Thats why my GF's ex is now on his 3rd bought of Covid once again.  The man just will not stay home either and I wonder how many he has infected as a Grab delivery rider, working at his parents pizza shop and so on as he needs to pay his mortgage and car payment as well as take care of his new wife ....you can not make this stuff up, and without a safety net to help the lower rung it will not slow the cases.

Safe to say that COVID is now spreading out of control in Thailand.  Most cases are now unreported because people need to make a living as Grab drivers, waiters, hookers etc and, with no government assistance, will carry on as long as they can still stand up. Vietnam reported 454,000 cases on Friday.  I would guess that Thailand is running in the same ball park at present. Unfortunately the government numbers give no idea of the real situation and, as a consequence, people have no idea what level of precautions to take. The government is of course keen to revive foreign tourism which mitigates in favour of keeping reported numbers down.  The US embassy is apparently not fooled by this, as it warned against travel to Thailand due to widespread COVID anyway.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Hooray lower numbers again,,,

You need to look at the bigger picture, and also at the data that wasn't available earlier in the morning when this forum daily news update was posted.

COVID cases in hospital and intubated patients have been increasing almost every day, and once again set new record highs for 2022 on Monday, as explained in my post above. Those numbers are increasing, not falling. But they're not available every day until AFTER the forum's daily news report is posted, so they're not in the headlines you read every day.

And, it's not uncommon for Thailand's COVID case numbers to decline over the weekend periods and into Monday, which reflects Sunday's new case reporting, but then rise again during the ensuing weekdays. Remains to be seen which direction the coming weekdays will go.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Case numbers all over the place and now decreasing,

At least part of it is the weekends - weekdays factor... You need to look more broadly.

The official case count actually has risen from last Monday's report (a week ago) on March 7 at 21,162, to today's 22,130 figure.

Here's a new chart from MoPH that shows the daily official case count, serious hospitalizations and deaths over the past week. As I noted, the new case count today is higher than it was one week ago.

32906920_Dash2022-03-14b.thumb.jpg.e0bd17be15e3914366912af3e07f3956.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/521684556116540

And this is what you DON'T want to be seeing:

Screenshot_13.jpg.fa0501b1df8811b83581666d62b6a6d9.jpg

19 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You need to look at the bigger picture, and also at the data that wasn't available earlier in the morning when this forum daily news update was posted.

COVID cases in hospital and intubated patients have been increasing almost every day, and once again set new record highs for 2022 on Monday, as explained in my post above. Those numbers are increasing, not falling. But they're not available every day until AFTER the forum's daily news report is posted, so they're not in the headlines you read every day.

And, it's not uncommon for Thailand's COVID case numbers to decline over the weekend periods and into Monday, which reflects Sunday's new case reporting, but then rise again during the ensuing weekdays. Remains to be seen which direction the coming weekdays will go.

My post was sarcastic with Hooray, because we all know that the cases are much higher than every day posted here... And there are no updates whatsoever after the morning and all those cases are not counted.. Of course in weekends  the number are lower,and the numbers on Monday we see on Wednesday... But all over the world cases are around 100.000 a day but only in Thailand it is still around 25.000 a day and the ATK don't be counted too as cases but used to add in the recoveries... All for the sake of tourism

Looks like, with tomorrow's update, Thailand is likely to pass the 1 million+ official COVID cases mark for 2022.

Screenshot_17.thumb.jpg.f6cfdce3ebac626d707d178bb9ddf6cb.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/521682666116729

The good news is, Thailand's COVID case fatality rate (the share of COVID deaths out of officially reported cases) continues running at a low level of 0.21% for 2022, reflecting the Omicron variant, as opposed to its cumulative 0.74% CFR dating back to the beginning of the pandemic and reflecting last year's Delta wave.

27 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

But all over the world cases are around 100.000 a day but only in Thailand it is still around 25.000 a day

Of course, the best way to look at things on a country to country basis is to look at per capita comparisons, cases or deaths per million population. That can be skewed somewhat by a country's reporting/testing/tracking practices, but it's at least a snapshot.

Right now, Thailand doesn't look so bad compared to several other countries in Asia (South Korea, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Malaysia). And has lower current per capita COVID case counts and deaths than the UK.  And has a current COVID death rate of about only one-third compared to the U.S.

The chart below is from the Thai MoPH as of yesterday (with my annotations to show the points I mentioned above):

Screenshot_18.jpg.974302ea644e2d2824d598f897babd5d.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/521072726177723/?type=3

The comparative case count rates can be explained somewhat by testing practices, with South Korea and the UK, for example, being far more aggressive than Thailand in COVID testing. But the comparative COVID death rate comparisons are harder to explain away.

Here are today's case numbers with no report from 13th March. Slight decrease from the 230 I posted earlier.

Health officials on Monday (Mar 14) reported 213 new COVID-19 cases in Prachuap Khiri Khan province, of which 55 cases were found in Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in the province, 46 cases were found in Pranburi, 29 cases in Sam Roi Yot, 4 case in Kuiburi, 13 cases in Thap Sakae, 11 cases in Bang Saphan, 0 cases in Bang Saphan Noi, and 55 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan.

One new COVID-19 related death was reported in the province today.

https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/mar-13-prachuap-reports-213-new-covid-19-cases-55-cases-in-hua-hin/

Note the difference in dates but I am sure this is for 14th March.

274999455_525952245802032_2522766616394744873_n.png

COVID-19: Thailand reports 19,742 new coronavirus cases, 70 deaths, 24,125 recoveries

COV15.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Tuesday (March 15) reported 19,742 new COVID-19 cases, 24,125 recoveries and 70 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1253461-covid-19-thailand-reports-19742-new-coronavirus-cases-70-deaths-24125-recoveries/

//CLOSE//

/Admin