Retirement extension if multiple entry visa still usable?

I can get a single entry non-imm O visa or a multiple entry non-imm O visa.

If I have a multiple entry non-immigrant O visa (valid for 1 year) and only enter Thailand once, I have to leave after 90 days (but I can come back with the same visa).

Before covid that was no problem,  but now crossing borders is a pain in the ...

If I don't want to exit Thailand after 90 days can I apply for a retirement extension of stay in CW? Even if I still have a valid visa for more entries?

Or can I get  a retirement extension of stay only near the end of the validity of my visa, i.e. after almost 1 year?  That would mean I really have to exit after 90 days if I now apply for a multiple entry visa. In this case I would rather apply for a single entry visa.

Edited by Lorry

Sounds like you have a ME non O visa valid for a year.

That visa allows you stay of 90 days. Then you must exist Thailand.

Keep in mind that you can obtain a 60 day extension to visit wife every entry. 

In that 90 day period you can apply for 12 month extension based on marriage (not clear if your married)

For extension based on retirement you would require 800k (retirement) in Thai bank account for 2 months prior to day of application.

You would apply with at least 15 days remaining on your permission of stay stamp. 

You do not need to wait till end of your non O ME visa. 

Just apply for 12 month extension. 

Edited by DrJack54

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Sounds like you have a ME non O visa valid for a year.

That visa allows you stay of 90 days. Then you must exist Thailand.

Keep in mind that you can obtain a 60 day extension to visit wife every entry. 

In that 90 day period you can apply for 12 month extension based on marriage (not clear if your married)

For extension based on retirement you would require 800k (retirement) in Thai bank account for 2 months prior to day of application.

You would apply with at least 15 days remaining on your permission of stay stamp. 

You do not need to wait till end of your non O ME visa. 

Just apply for 12 month extension. 

I would apply for an extension based on retirement.  I fulfill the financial requirements. 

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

In that 90 day period you can apply for 12 month extension

That 90 day period can be the first 90 day period allowed by my ME non O visa, correct? 

Just out of curiosity, what happens to your visa after you are granted a 12 months extension?

Is it cancelled? Or do you now have both?

Lets say you leave and return with a re-entry permit. Is it possible to make the mistake and actually enter on the visa if its still valid?

30 minutes ago, MajorTom said:

Just out of curiosity, what happens to your visa after you are granted a 12 months extension?

Is it cancelled? Or do you now have both?

Lets say you leave and return with a re-entry permit. Is it possible to make the mistake and actually enter on the visa if its still valid?

Your non-o visa will still be valid. Immigration cannot cancel it.

You need to be sure an put your re-entry permit number on your arrival card in the visa space. If they used the non-o visa it would technically cancel your extension but immigration might correct the error.

Always check your stamps before leaving arrival immigration area to sure everything is correct. Much easier to get it fixed there than later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1