Another Lazada issue.

Russell17au

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Both of mine were packed and shipped at the same time, they both went through Chinese customs and the both left China on the way to Thailand but only 1 gets delivered and I am told the other is delayed because the border is closed. What border is closed if both packages have departed from China? The only borders that are left to cross is Thai-Laos and Thai-Cambodia and both these borders are open for trade

You're taking these messages way too literally. 

8 minutes ago, treetops said:

Left the country = processed past exit customs and handed to shipping company.  If the shipping company is short staffed due to the crazy Covid situation in China it'll remain there until they get to it and get it moving again.  No lying, just the way things worked out.

But to send you an email stating that the delay is because the "border is closed" is lying and this is the point that I am trying to make about this issue. If Lazada state that the delay is because of staff shortages at their distribution depots because of Covid then people would accept that but to send emails stating that the delay is because the border is closed when it is not closed is a straight out lie and does nothing for Lazada's credibility

11 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

You're taking these messages way too literally. 

Yes, I do take these messages literally because I have to plan around the delivery dates to be at home to receive the delivery

• Sad 1

Just now, Russell17au said:

But to send you an email stating that the delay is because the "border is closed" is lying and this is the point that I am trying to make about this issue. If Lazada state that the delay is because of staff shortages at their distribution depots because of Covid then people would accept that but to send emails stating that the delay is because the border is closed when it is not closed is a straight out lie and does nothing for Lazada's credibility

It's an automated sustem with pre-set messages sent depending on where something has stalled.

In your case it's at the border, whether this is customs, or handling either side of customs, or transport onwards etc it's a coverall error message meant to address multiple possible issues.

Don't take it so personally, your parcel is at or around the border so effectively for you and no doubt thousands of others, the border is closed.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Russell17au said:

You will not get Lazada orders by air, they are all by road

During Covid I think shipments  were by road and slooooow...But then I think the planes started flying again 6-8 months ago.....This new slow down/stoppage is a mystery....

I even made a new order 3 days ago from China/Lazada (just a small cheap part) and here is the message for 3 days now.....     .Your parcel is packed and will be handed over to our delivery partner

Come on man....3 days sitting there and not even picked up? Thats strange.....My other order has been on the way to Thailand for 12 days now......

Just small cheap orders.....If these orders were important I would be much more upset.... 

Edited by redwood1

23 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Here is a product I ordered on March 4th from China

It was shipped on March 6th 

For the last 10 days it says

Your package is on the way to Thailand

Yes folks that's 10 days now..... Hell I could just about walk to China and pick it up myself in 10 days....

Here is the order....

Get by Fri 11 Mar - Sat 19 Mar Economy Delivery

Your parcel is on the way to Thailand.Mar.06 22:41

Just because a package shows it went thru customs does not mean it's really in transit. Once it clears customs it gets sent to a consolidation point (usually in the whse next door) for placing in a container for transportation. China has been closing large areas due to the latest covid outbreak. It could have cleared customs and technically shipped without moving past the consolidator which is probably adjacent to the customs clearance agent

• Like 1

"American Shipper" ... bashing Chinese shipping ... big surprise.

Past 2 years of ordering more than a few thing, nothing really delayed.

Reminds me of USA Catfish Assoc putting out vid about Thai fishing. 

No conflict of issue there.

image.png.a2d86a9e4c97f44a86ab576220e88ef0.png

Edited by KhunLA

On 3/16/2022 at 1:31 PM, Russell17au said:

Yes, I do take these messages literally because I have to plan around the delivery dates to be at home to receive the delivery

Yep, I had an item yesterday, "Your package will be delivered today" (Flash Express).

Hung around all day, phone call came at 5pm, "To busy will deliver tomorrow"

I replied, "Sure I'll be making my complaint to your head office right now"

Package was delivered 45 minutes later ............

• Haha 1