Another Lazada issue.

Russell17au

On the 27th February I place 2 orders for products from 2 different sellers in China. According to Lazada's tracking both orders were packed and shipped on the same day and both went through Chinese Customs at the same time March 4. Now 1 of the orders continued and was delivered in Khon Kaen on March 6 while the other order is still on its way to Thailand and today I get an email from Lazada Customer Service advising me that my order has been delayed because the border is closed. My question is if the border is closed when both these orders came through then how come 1 order gets through and the other order gets stopped. I personally think that Lazada Customer Service are telling big porkies to save face. I believe that the border is not closed but Lazada Express has either lost the order or they have stuffed up somewhere.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I am not so sure about that the border isn't  closed but it could also be Lazada.

I ordered something (also from CHina) and it's expected to arrive between the 19 and 7th April

Another thing I ordered arrived yesterday after being stuck in China Customs for 8 days!!

Maybe it has to do with this?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-14/shenzhen-tightens-shipping-rules-to-cut-infections-virus-update-l0q1wikc

Edited by MJCM

NOTHING to do with LAZADA.

Its the responsibility of the seller, Lazada may be involved in logistics (transport but not usually out of the country).

They monitor and follow up when its beyond the stated delivery time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

NOTHING to do with LAZADA.

Its the responsibility of the seller, Lazada may be involved in logistics (transport but not usually out of the country).

They monitor and follow up when its beyond the stated delivery time.

Lazada tracking shows that the order has left China and is on the way to Thailand and it has been that way since March 4

3 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Lazada tracking shows that the order has left China and is on the way to Thailand and it has been that way since March 4

Thats what the seller enters into their portal.

As an example sellers marked it "packed" purely so you cannot cancel it. Lazada is merely parroting what the seller enters.

The doftware is triggered when it goes over the dtated delivery date.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thats what the seller enters into their portal.

As an example sellers marked it "packed" purely so you cannot cancel it. Lazada is merely parroting what the seller enters.

That is right until it goes through Chinese Customs and leaves China when it is handed over to LEX for the remainder of the delivery then it is what LEX puts on the tracking and not the seller. This order has gone past the sellers point and is in the hands of LEX so it is Lazada that does the tracking reports

3 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

That is right until it goes through Chinese Customs and leaves China when it is handed over to LEX for the remainder of the delivery then it is what LEX puts on the tracking and not the seller. This order has gone past the sellers point and is in the hands of LEX so it is Lazada that does the tracking reports

Almost, Lex enters it into the system, Lazada parrot that.As they do with Kerry or whoever they designate to carry it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Almost, Lex enters it into the system, Lazada parrot that.As they do with Kerry or whoever they designate to carry it.

Who is LEX? Lazada Express. Now how come 2 packages go through Chinese Customs and leave China on March 4 and both are being carried by LEX and 1 package gets delivered on March 6 but the other package is still listed on LEX tracking as "on its way to Thailand" and Lazada send me an email to tell me it is delayed because the border is closed. How can 1 package get stopped at the closed border and the other package get through and be delivered. Think about this CharlieH. How come both packages did not get stopped at the "CLOSED" border as Lazada has claimed to be the cause of the delay of just 1 package.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Who is LEX? Lazada Express. Now how come 2 packages go through Chinese Customs and leave China on March 4 and both are being carried by LEX and 1 package gets delivered on March 6 but the other package is still listed on LEX tracking as "on its way to Thailand" and Lazada send me an email to tell me it is delayed because the border is closed. How can 1 package get stopped at the closed border and the other package get through and be delivered. Think about this CharlieH. How come both packages did not get stopped at the "CLOSED" border as Lazada has claimed to be the cause of the delay of just 1 package.

Possible cenario, they arrived and were added to the mountain at the sortation centre and one got processed quicker than the other in that pile. Have you ever seen the way they do it, its very basic and literally thrown in a heap ! Then sorted into smaller heaps.etc.

Just as an illustration

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSdecjxyr/

• Like 1

Here is something else that shows that the border was not closed. The package that was delivered is shown to have arrived at Thailand Customs at 14:00 on March 4 and the package that has not been delivered is shown to have departed China at 13:58 March 4. When was the border closed?

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Possible cenario, they arrived and were added to the mountain at the sortation centre and one got processed quicker than the other in that pile. Have you ever seen the way they do it, its very basic and literally thrown in a heap ! Then sorted into smaller heaps.etc.

I understand that but the thing is what Lazada has stated to be the cause of the delay. In the email Lazada has stated that it is because the border is closed and with what I have here shows that what they are stating is a load of BS

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, treetops said:

Different border points.  One closed and one open?

Covid is forcing some whole areas into lockdown and quarantine.  My GF in China said yesterday a whole vegetable market was closed because there was a Covid case and all the vendors were bussed off. 

I can see where that my happen in one port of entry and not another.  Weird times we're living through.

• Like 2

Here is a product I ordered on March 4th from China

It was shipped on March 6th 

For the last 10 days it says

Your package is on the way to Thailand

Yes folks that's 10 days now..... Hell I could just about walk to China and pick it up myself in 10 days....

Here is the order....

Get by Fri 11 Mar - Sat 19 Mar Economy Delivery

Your parcel is on the way to Thailand.Mar.06 22:41

Edited by redwood1

Always order from Lazada but only limited to vendors in Thailand.

As I'm not patience enough to track the order also don't like to complaint in forum if any problems occur. ????

Btw, the order tracking system was not 100% accurate. Seems just for reference only. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Here is a product I ordered on March 4th from China

It was shipped on March 6th 

For the last 10 days it says

Your package is on the way to Thailand

Yes folks that's 10 days now..... Hell I could just about walk to China and pick it up myself in 10 days....

Here is the order....

Get by Fri 11 Mar - Sat 19 Mar Economy Delivery

Your parcel is on the way to Thailand.Mar.06 22:41

Almost identical for me, has been "on its way to Thailand" since March 6th. There is a LEX tracking reference, but when I put that into their website it doesn't recognise it. I won't be ordering anything "ships from overseas" for a while.

Edited by Eff1n2ret

20 hours ago, Russell17au said:

That's only 12 days ago on an order from China, what's the big issue, there's been no suggestion that it's lost, has there? 

One of your orders was delivered quicker than the other, you should be pleased about that and maybe started a thread titled "Another Lazada Delivery Success" instead!   

I'd never have guessed that you're a glass half empty person!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

19 hours ago, Russell17au said:

I understand that but the thing is what Lazada has stated to be the cause of the delay. In the email Lazada has stated that it is because the border is closed and with what I have here shows that what they are stating is a load of BS

So ask for a refund.  Problem solved.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Calvin1976 said:

As I'm not patience enough to track the order also don't like to complaint in forum if any problems occur.

The OP hasn't had any problems yet, he's just had one order delivered quicker than the other and for some reason wants to complain about it!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's only 12 days ago on an order from China, what's the big issue, there's been no suggestion that it's lost, has there? 

One of your orders was delivered quicker than the other, you should be pleased about that and maybe started a thread titled "Another Lazada Delivery Success" instead!   

I'd never have guessed that you're a glass half empty person!

Well if you had made any China orders in the last 6 months you would know they HAD gotten deliverys working good again after the Covid delivery nightmare....But its looking like things are BAD again...

Edited by redwood1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Well if you had made any China orders in the last 6 months you would know they HAD gotten deliverys working good again after the Covid delivery nightmare....But its looking like things are BAD again...

Didn't notice any nightmares with my orders during the 'situation' or now.  Must be lucky.  Wife also.

• Like 1

Same here. 2 products but from same seller in China. Took a month or so for 1 to arrive, and then that same email as OP received. I presume seller was out of stock to not send 2, and now package stuck at some key border point OR the seller just have not re-stocked and send the 2nd product yet - but updated the system that it is shipped. That then leads to auto email about "closed border points" from Lazada.

48 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

How come in the matter of minutes according to Lazada tracking 1 package gets through and the other package gets stopped at a closed border.

Break for lunch? Friday afternoon?

52 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

. . . . . according to an email from Lazada the other package was stopped at the border because the border was closed but the Lazada tracking shows that the package had left the originating country (China).

Left the country = processed past exit customs and handed to shipping company.  If the shipping company is short staffed due to the crazy Covid situation in China it'll remain there until they get to it and get it moving again.  No lying, just the way things worked out.

14 minutes ago, Firefan said:

Same here. 2 products but from same seller in China. Took a month or so for 1 to arrive, and then that same email as OP received. I presume seller was out of stock to not send 2, and now package stuck at some key border point OR the seller just have not re-stocked and send the 2nd product yet - but updated the system that it is shipped. That then leads to auto email about "closed border points" from Lazada.

Both of mine were packed and shipped at the same time, they both went through Chinese customs and the both left China on the way to Thailand but only 1 gets delivered and I am told the other is delayed because the border is closed. What border is closed if both packages have departed from China then both packages have crossed over the Chinese border. The only borders that are left to cross is Thai-Laos and Thai-Cambodia and both these borders are open for trade

Edited by Russell17au