Did not receive a departure card after entering Thailand at Suvarnabhumi. Question about getting one now.

I recently entered Thailand through Suvarnabhumi Airport. I handed the immigration officer my arrival card and all other documents she asked for, e.g., the Thailand pass. She took a long time in finally okaying things, even though I had a 60 day visa with me and all of the proper documents. Anyhow, as I mentioned, I gave her my arrival card. After getting to my hotel in Bangkok, I realized she didn’t give me the departure card in my passport. I was so relieved the immigration officer finally let me through, that I had failed to check for the departure card in my passport when she handed my passport to me.

I am leaving for Chiang Mai tomorrow from Bangkok. Here are the questions:

Can I get the departure card at immigration in Chiang Mai, or do I need to obtain it in Bangkok? Has anyone had a similar situation of no departure card or a lost departure card?

Thanks.

I went to Udon Immigration and got myself a single re entry permit several weeks ago. 03 March l went to Bkk to fly back to the UK and realised my departure card had gone.

At departure I informed the officer and she just processed me as normal. I did not have to fill out another one surprisingly.

• Like 2

You have to report to Immigration that you have lost your Departure Card, when they look on their computer system and issue you with a new one.  You have to report to Police or Tourist Police that you have lost your card, when thy will give you a document saying that they agree that you have lost your card, which you take to Immigration and get a new card.  Do this as soon as you can as it take half a day to go through all the depts. to get your Departure card, and you cannot leave Thailand without one.  Nor can you extend your visa.

Tourist police might be easier that Police to deal with as they will speak English.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Robin said:

You have to report to Immigration that you have lost your Departure Card, when they look on their computer system and issue you with a new one.  You have to report to Police or Tourist Police that you have lost your card, when thy will give you a document saying that they agree that you have lost your card, which you take to Immigration and get a new card.  Do this as soon as you can as it take half a day to go through all the depts. to get your Departure card, and you cannot leave Thailand without one.  Nor can you extend your visa.

Tourist police might be easier that Police to deal with as they will speak English.

When i did it recently they just told me to fill one out, which i did and came back on the arrival card the same they gave me. Have no idea how that works but it was a non event.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Robin said:

You have to report to Immigration that you have lost your Departure Card, when they look on their computer system and issue you with a new one.  You have to report to Police or Tourist Police that you have lost your card, when thy will give you a document saying that they agree that you have lost your card, which you take to Immigration and get a new card.

That depends upon the office you ask for the new card at. Many do not want a police report for the lost TM6 form.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mlkik said:

At departure I informed the officer and she just processed me as normal. I did not have to fill out another one surprisingly.

For departure tm6 is sort of irrelevant.

The staff often have them in hand and check for folk that have misplaced theirs.

However for those that have dealings with immigration for such things as extensions etc then the tm6 is always required.

You can obtain one at immigration.

Strictly speaking you could be asked to provide police report for lost card. 

Don't recall ever seeing that enforced. 

Edited by DrJack54

17 hours ago, mlkik said:

Not my up to date experience at all. 

This was precisely my experience as of February 2022. To extend my 60 day visa, I had to get a police report before going to MTT to acquire a new departure card before getting my last 30 days at CW. I was asked to make merit at the police station before I left.

If you're not extending your visa, then it's irrelevant as you can pick one up at the airport. Or you could  before Covid.

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

For departure tm6 is sort of irrelevant.

The staff often have them in hand and check for folk that have misplaced theirs.

However for those that have dealings with immigration for such things as extensions etc then the tm6 is always required.

You can obtain one at immigration.

Strictly speaking you could be asked to provide police report for lost card. 

Don't recall ever seeing that enforced. 

It was for me. I withheld the police report in case they didn't request it but they did. I asked this forum and I thought it was you or UbonJoe who told me it might be required, so I did it. 

3 minutes ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

It was for me. I withheld the police report in case they didn't request it but they did. I asked this forum and I thought it was you or UbonJoe who told me it might be required, so I did it. 

Which immigration office?

Useful info for those dealing with office that required police report.

Pretty mean of them imo.

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

15 minutes ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

This was precisely my experience as of February 2022. To extend my 60 day visa, I had to get a police report before going to MTT to acquire a new departure card before getting my last 30 days at CW.

Getting the police report before going to MTT saved him a lot of time. I think I have heard of Bangkok immigration wanting one before.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Useful info for those dealing with office that required police report.

Pretty mean of them imo.

Sorry, I guess it spellchecked "MTT" out of my original post. I went to Meung Thong Thani for the lost departure card and then to CW for my last 30 days. At MTT, she asked me if I had a police report and never said she wouldn't process my replacement request without it but if I am getting up early, I'm making it count. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

This was precisely my experience as of February 2022. To extend my 60 day visa, I had to get a police report before going to MTT to acquire a new departure card before getting my last 30 days at CW. I was asked to make merit at the police station before I left.

If you're not extending your visa, then it's irrelevant as you can pick one up at the airport. Or you could  before Covid.

My experience as of March 2022 I did not have to pick one up at the airport. I told the the officer and he took me straight to the passport control desk and I did not fill a thing out it was all done by the officer at the desk within 1 minute.

Also the op did not mention getting extensions all he asked about was getting a replacement.

My original reply to someone who did not need to do an extension was that you do not need to do anything,just sort it easily at the airport upon leaving

Edited by mlkik

On 3/15/2022 at 11:04 AM, Robin said:

Last time I checked there were stacks of blank cards in departure. And I'm sure no one ever looks at them. I lost mine once, just fell out - even checked into hotels without it - when I left either the check-in staff or the passport-checking IO  (can't remember which) just inserted a blank card with flight details. This advice seems WAY over the top to put it mildly

• Thanks 1