Apply Thailand Pass from inside of Thailand?

Is it alright to apply for Thailand pass from within Thailand before leaving the country on a short trip? Will it be confirmed even if one were to still be within Thailand?

Example: I apply now a trip that I'd leave on in ~10 days, with the date to (re)enter Thailand about 15 days from now. A 5 day trip.

Have (m)any on here done it this way?

• Thanks 1

No problem. I went to Cambodia in late Feb and returned on early March (5 days). Applied my Thai pass in mid Feb and was approved before I left. Just make sure you have all the required documents ready prior to the application. Cheers. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not a problem to start the application for a Thailand Pass before leaving the country. Many others have done it.

When you start the registration process select returning to Thailand.

But when I looked into it, for the required insurance policy, AXA stated that their covid insurance could not be issued for anyone applying from within Thailand. They say the insurance has to be applied for from outside Thailand.

2 hours ago, Hotrats said:

But when I looked into it, for the required insurance policy, AXA stated that their covid insurance could not be issued for anyone applying from within Thailand. They say the insurance has to be applied for from outside Thailand.

The date you will apply for the policy to be in effect will be the day you leave another country to enter Thailand. Not a problem that you were in Thailand at the time of application it is the date the policy takes effect that matters.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Micky Tan said:

No problem. I went to Cambodia in late Feb and returned on early March (5 days). Applied my Thai pass in mid Feb and was approved before I left. Just make sure you have all the required documents ready prior to the application. Cheers. 

Hi, How did you get your thai visa in Phnom Penh, have you been to the thai ambassy by yourself or use an agent?

Actually in Bkk, I will fly to Phnom Penh on monday.
Thanks