Thai Chamber of Commerce urges government to cancel pre arrival RT-PCR test to attract international arrivals

webfact

15 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Tourists didn't bring the Covid into Thailand to start with and that's for sure....How about Thailand cancel all health requirement to enter Thailand and see how you go and whether more tourists are taking advantage of the new rules if no advantage to the new rules, Thailand can always go back to the old requirements right?...

Some Covid was brought into Thailand by tourists..... so it is not for sure except in your own mind. Omicron was. Let Thailand make up it's own mind... whatever they have been doing has not done so badly so far.

No, there will be no going back on a decision this time.  I expect more easing Friday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

And where is Covid raging now?.......................... China and Hong Kong.

Per capita, I think it is still extremely high in Europe. Look at UK, Germany France and other European countries.. Yes, US is under control for the last few days only.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Would be nice to understand the IDB/cancellation figures as the result of a positive pre-departure test?

Once countries drop testing requirements I can see airlines requiring them. Most airline passengers assume everyone is tested. 

Without that guarantee airline travel may dip for a while.

I don't see Airlines requiring them after Governments cancel the requirement,but they may  refuse passage to unvaccinated passengers,time will tell.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

New travel rules for travellers entering Cambodia: 
No tests before arrival -
No tests upon or after arrival -
No insurance
Open visa on arrival -

Unvaccinated travelers required 14-day quarantine

should apply to Thailand as well!!!

Be patient.... Cambodia is no shining beacon in the world. In fact I struggle to think of anywhere that handled Covid with perfection. Thailand has done OK, is an independent country and can make its own decisions.  

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Millions of unemployed Thai people would disagree, many of whom lost their life savings when their businesses closed.  

It's easy to call for lockdowns when you've already made your nugget and stand to lose nothing by staying home.

I am not calling for lockdowns.... just a measured approach. Listening to ranting internet warriors, who are not even in the country is not recommended. 

Just now, jacko45k said:

I am not calling for lockdowns.... just a measured approach. Listening to ranting internet warriors, who are not even in the country is not recommended. 

Except that those ranting warriors are either going to make or break the Thai economy...  The hospitality industry calls us "customers". 

And most of us have seen the opening up and its benefits where we live.  Folks in Thailand are pretty well insulated from what's going on beyond the borders.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DFPhuket said:

It should be the opposite - keep the pre-departure test and drop the arrival test. I want to know if I have Covid before getting on the plane and delay my trip. I do want not find out I'm positive upon arrival and face quarantine. That's what they are doing in the Philippines.

But that's simple.  Buy a test kit (they're about $10 in the USA) and test yourself.  Anyone who tests positive and still hops on their flight knowing they'll be tested again on arrival is an idiot.  It's self policing...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

Except that those ranting warriors are either going to make or break the Thai economy...  The hospitality industry calls us "customers". 

And most of us have seen the opening up and its benefits where we live.  Folks in Thailand are pretty well insulated from what's going on beyond the borders.

Most, near all, the Thais I know are the wife's family and not involved in any way with tourism. They are doing fine. I really don't see that the internet warriors will make or break Thailand.... the currency has held up very well. It looks awful around Pattaya admittedly. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Be patient.... Cambodia is no shining beacon in the world. In fact I struggle to think of anywhere that handled Covid with perfection. Thailand has done OK, is an independent country and can make its own decisions.  

If anyone should be patient it should be you. Take a few days off and chill. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1