Shocked to see the Ruble trading at 96 to 33 THB.

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Seriously ... and here I thought you were quite intelligent ... occasionally ????

Half the regime changes were for IMF and all the future debit interest to be made.  Google what countries weren't in the Central Banking, and past regime changes, say just the last 20-30-40 yrs.   I don't believe in coincidences. 

Google is your friend.  Since asking, would take me way too long to explain it, and as I state, they ARE the puppeteers.  Understanding that, Davos, Bilderburg G., Rothschilds and the markets, and you'll realize how much of a scam, everything is.   

Although once realizing that, you can make a sh!t load of money from your keyboard.

Thanks for paranoid conspiracy tropes. Apparently you can't even assemble them into a coherent explanation to back up your claim that the US dollar is valueless.  Just throwing stuff at the wall and hoping something sticks apparently. You've got nothing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Thanks for paranoid conspiracy tropes. Apparently you can't even assemble them into a coherent explanation to back up your claim that the US dollar is valueless.  Just throwing stuff at the wall and hoping something sticks apparently. You've got nothing.

OK, you saw the 'graph / snapshot', taxes in vs expenditure vs debt.  That's bankruptcy. 

If you banking account / checkbook / finances look like that, they'd foreclose and repo all you possession.   Cancel you credit cards.  No longer be able to borrow off one line of credit to pay another.  That's the USA's financial situation right now ... constantly raising the debt ceiling, or going into default.  You try that, see what happens...."I can't pay, just lend me more, I'll get you next year"

If US gov't had to pay that debt, they could not.  Default, making USD valueless.  Domino effect, world economies would collapse.   Back to the barter system.

Of course that will never happen. 

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

The sanctions are selective. This movement was caused by a slight relaxation that allowed external russia's FX reserves to be used for a bond payment that came due. A large portion of the reserves are in Western banks, and initially these funds were frozen. That freeze drove the ruble down. When Western govt agreed to allow the external reserves to be used to service russian debt---in payments due to Western institutions---the rubble was suddenly 'backed' again by several hundred billion dollars of hard currency.

This morning it's back to about 103 per dollar.

Eventually more of these reserves will be eaten up by things like seized aircraft. Leasing companies will file claims, courts will rule in their favor, and the leasing companies will be allowed to take russia's external FX reserves. The same will happen to any assets russia nationalizes that were foreign investments. The foreign investors will be paid from the reserves, and little vladdy will get assets that he has no clue how to utilize of monetize.

russia has nowhere to go but down. The world will not soon forget its barbarism and war crimes, and russians are likely to be shunned from decent nations and societies for years.

Spot on.  Russian reserves most likely the culprit which jacked the ruble and thus sank the USD yesterday.   Sure the USD looks OK at 33.27– but you won’t get that rate at Wise.  It brings Baht purchases down below 33 on USD.

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

OK, you saw the 'graph / snapshot', taxes in vs expenditure vs debt.  That's bankruptcy. 

If you banking account / checkbook / finances look like that, they'd foreclose and repo all you possession.   Cancel you credit cards.  No longer be able to borrow off one line of credit to pay another.  That's the USA's financial situation right now ... constantly raising the debt ceiling, or going into default.  You try that, see what happens...."I can't pay, just lend me more, I'll get you next year"

If US gov't had to pay that debt, they could not.  Default, making USD valueless.  Domino effect, world economies would collapse.   Back to the barter system.

Of course that will never happen. 

Moot point—we’re talking about international FX—not personal finance.

32 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Moot point—we’re talking about international FX—not personal finance.

Just a perspective of that reality most should be able to relate to.  What you would experience, and the silliness allowed by govts & Central Banking, keeping the elite, the elite.

MSM there to keep y'all distracted, and point out all those who dare speak of the reality of the world, are conspiracy nutters.  Works perfectly actually.

I get to be both, retired early, and a conspiracy nut ... works for me.

You can use the system, or work till your dying day.  As they say ... choices / UP2U

39 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Spot on.  Russian reserves most likely the culprit which jacked the ruble and thus sank the USD yesterday.   Sure the USD looks OK at 33.27– but you won’t get that rate at Wise.  It brings Baht purchases down below 33 on USD.

Actually the most likely "culprit" was rumors of peace negotiations making progress. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 7:29 AM, Iamfalang said:

If I told you, I’d lose my edge.  Finance.  Money.   That move was super easy to make big money on…..but you gotta have the right information.  For 2 million baht, I’ll add you to my line group.   Information is money.    Hindsight gets you a 20 baht noodle soup for Thanksgiving dinner 

I might pay you up to two baht.    Forget about any two million.

Noticing any coincidences of the 'evil' in the world, 2018 info:

"The 7 remaining countries without banks owned by the Rothschild family: Abkhazia, Bolivia, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Russia, and Syria"

I don't think they are vested in China any more.

Oh yea, let's not forget, after the last regime change / coup in Ukraine:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-debt-rothschild-idUSKBN0M12L620150305

Just a coincidence ... ????

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

This morning it's back to about 103 per dollar.

this is a fake rate for the newspapers. You should check banks' websites for the real exchange rate as that's the rate for which you could actually buy dollars for the roubles.

For today it's 122 RUB for 1 USD

• Like 2

On 3/17/2022 at 6:45 AM, WEBBYB808 said:

last week when it was trading at 136 to 32 THB  whould have made a considerable amount of proft as of this morning it was 96 to 33 THB.

No understand. What does 136 to 32 and 96 TO 33 mean please

Most confusing numbers seen for a while in the opening post.

No idea what it is about.

Currency market rate now:

1.00 Russian Ruble = 0.31893134 Thai Baht

At most cash exchange booths it had been at 0.000 for more than two weeks.

TT Exchange now accepts them again at 0.3000.

You call this sanctions without effect??

rubelsinceoct.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

On 3/18/2022 at 1:38 PM, Thailand said:

Would not Putin and his cronies anticipated sanctions and bet against the Rouble bought gold and other currencies etc before embarking on his private war?

Putin's problem isn't cash or gold. It's that Russia has been pretty much cut off from the international banking system.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 12:55 PM, KhunLA said:

Just a perspective of that reality most should be able to relate to.  What you would experience, and the silliness allowed by govts & Central Banking, keeping the elite, the elite.

MSM there to keep y'all distracted, and point out all those who dare speak of the reality of the world, are conspiracy nutters.  Works perfectly actually.

I get to be both, retired early, and a conspiracy nut ... works for me.

You can use the system, or work till your dying day.  As they say ... choices / UP2U

I guess this is one way to distract from your ridiculous comment about the US having its debts called.

On 3/18/2022 at 1:17 PM, KhunLA said:

Noticing any coincidences of the 'evil' in the world, 2018 info:

"The 7 remaining countries without banks owned by the Rothschild family: Abkhazia, Bolivia, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Russia, and Syria"

I don't think they are vested in China any more.

Oh yea, let's not forget, after the last regime change / coup in Ukraine:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-debt-rothschild-idUSKBN0M12L620150305

Just a coincidence ... ????

More nonsense from you. In this case anti-semitic claptrap, as well. The Rothschild banks aren't even close to being one of the largest banks in the world. Where did you come up with the nonsense that the Rothschilds own banks in almost every country of the world? And why did you cite those 7 countries as as  the only nations? Got a source for that?  If that's true, given what those countries are like, that actually would be a point in favor of having a Rothschild owned bank in a country.

And Rotschild does (or did until very recently) have offices in Russia contrary to the anti-semitic claims found on the internet

Rothschild & Co. Has Office in Russia, Contrary to Conspiracy Claim on Social Media

Rothschild & Co. has an office in Moscow and has been operating in Russia since the mid-1990s. Yet posts on social media falsely claim that Russia has barred the Rothschild banking family from doing business in the country. The claim is an adaptation of an old conspiracy theory about the family.

Rothschild & Co. has an office in Moscow and has been operating in Russia since the mid-1990s. Yet posts on social media falsely claim that Russia has barred the Rothschild banking family from doing business in the country. The claim is an adaptation of an old conspiracy theory about the family.

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/03/rothschild-co-has-office-in-russia-contrary-to-conspiracy-claim-on-social-media/

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

More nonsense from you. In this case anti-semitic claptrap, as well. The Rothschild banks aren't even close to being one of the largest banks in the world. Where did you come up with the nonsense that the Rothschilds own banks in almost every country of the world? And why did you cite those 7 countries as as  the only nations? Got a source for that?  If that's true, given what those countries are like, that actually would be a point in favor of having a Rothschild owned bank in a country.

And Rotschild does (or did until very recently) have offices in Russia contrary to the anti-semitic claims found on the internet

Rothschild & Co. Has Office in Russia, Contrary to Conspiracy Claim on Social Media

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/03/rothschild-co-has-office-in-russia-contrary-to-conspiracy-claim-on-social-media/

Conspiratorialists are both incredibly naive and woefully ignorant of international finance. The Rothschilds, Rockefellers, etc., are yesterday's story. They're almost King Midas or Croessus for all the current clout they have. Their previous fortunes are incredibly dispersed, and because the family fund managers have been purposely ultra conservative, the return in an environment of ZIRP has been minimal.

The fortunes of Musk, Bezos, Arnault, Zuckerberg et al dwarf what's left of the Rothschilds. Even John D, at his peak---and adjusted for inflation---wasn't worth what Musk was in November when Tesla was trading around $1250.

If Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos called the White House or 10 Downing Street or some other seat of power, the call has maybe a 30% chance of being put through....at least to a senior adviser. If a Rothschild called, the response would be, "Tell him I'm in a meeting", and that only if the operator has heard of the name.

The world has changed, as it always does. Conspiratorialists live in a past that never really existed. So long as it entertains them to believe utter nonsense, good for them. They can knock themselves silly.

Edited by Walker88
  • Like 2

Europe now forced to buy R gas in roubles.

Rouble will replace the petrodollar, possibly become the reserve currency. Now a real possibility.

R already in control of the largest chunks in the commodities markets.

The moronic snowflakey West's suicide continues.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Sandboxer said:

Rouble will replace the petrodollar, possibly become the reserve currency. Now a real possibility.

... deluded dreams of grandeur again? Wet bed upon waking up??

Keep posting your fantasies tovarish, it's mildly amusing, 555 ...!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sandboxer said:

The Europeans will source their gas from elsewhere, those moves are already underway. Why give an enemy the means to spend even more on his military?

The US shale oil assets will get a new lease of life, Australian gas will flow to Europe.

Russia is now an international pariah, its only friend is China and you can bet they will drive a hard bargain.

As for the ruble replacing the US dollar as the reserve currency - what on earth are you smoking?

• Like 2