Moderna or Pfizzer Booster?

Neeranam

I fear any reaction to any medicine is heavily influenced by an individual's body chemistry. My first two shots were Pfizer vaccine provided my the USA. I could cite some effects but nothing more than minor and I would be hard pressed to prove that those were directly caused by the vaccine. Early on, we had paid for two Moderna shots so ... I used one shot for my booster and Da will use the 2nd paid Moderna shot for her booster in early May. I recall no affect from the Moderna booster.

• Like 1

Received Sinovac then AZ. Mrs and my niece had same. All three of us noticed headaches following the AZ. For boosters we were offered a choice of AZ, Pfizer or Moderna. Mrs asked the doctor what he would choose. He recommended AZ as booster. Strangely, none of us had a headache after our AZ boosters. 

20 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

Ask for the injection to be aspirated - to make sure that the vax goes into muscle tissue not a blood vessel.

That's an interesting point. I could not clarify whether it is done by default here.
There is strong suspicion that some dangerous side effects are from accidental injection to blood vessels. It's unlikely but better safe than sorry.

Ben - UK nursing training for injections has always taught the aspiration method but it has been bypassed for some reason in Covid vaxxing. In Thailand I was told many Nurses have been trained in aspiration and it is common in some areas, not others.

It makes perfect sense to me - DrJC has been right about this from the start - he has dealt with it repeatedly and on this subject, he know what he is talking about.

Edited by TorquayFan

2 hours ago, rwill said:

I had 2 shots of Moderna.  My arm was sore for about a day and a half both times.  That's it.

What people seem to have a misconception about from the side effects is that is not the vaccine but your body reacting to thinking it is sick when it isn't.

One of the things your body does to fight off an infection is to raise your body temperature.  So when you get a vaccine it fools your body into thinking it is infected when it really isn't.  So your body can react by raising your temperature.

Wow thanks mate, sure after 2 years no one realized this.

3 minutes ago, TorquayFan said:

Ben - UK nursing training for injections has always taught the aspiration method but it has been bypassed for some reason in Covid vaxxing. In Thailand I was told many Nurses have been trained in aspiration and it is common in some areas, not others.

It makes perfect sense to me - DrJC has been right about this from the start - he has dealt with it repeatedly and on this subject, he know what he is talking about. ATB

Translation into English possible?

When I arrived at Singapore late Feb, my 2 dose Pfizer updated in TraceTogether Apps.

Apps also showed "Valid Till" date for my vaccine status on 28/Mar.

It means if I don't get booster dose on 28/Mar, I might be considered not vaccinated at all. ????

Not many countries want to enhance Covid-19 vaccination so seriously until this extend. 

Is there any study on vaccines effectiveness reducing time frame after 2nd dose vaccine completed?

That is a tough one?  My take go with the same first two I got two PFizer just got a PFizer booster in Pattaya a hour ago had no side affects before but today isn't over? 

When vaccines first came out family back home a few had problems in both cases one she took the Moderna both shots fever,  chills took her two days to get over said it was so bad don't plan in a booster another member is getting ready for their second PFizer booster. 

My Thai wife second Moderna had a high fever chills I spent two hours icing her down I was this close to taking her to the hospital two days later she felt normal my son and daughter in-law both Moderna high risk 22 no problems. 

Edited by thailand49

34 minutes ago, Calvin1976 said:

When I arrived at Singapore late Feb, my 2 dose Pfizer updated in TraceTogether Apps.

Apps also showed "Valid Till" date for my vaccine status on 28/Mar.

It means if I don't get booster dose on 28/Mar, I might be considered not vaccinated at all. ????

Not many countries want to enhance Covid-19 vaccination so seriously until this extend. 

Is there any study on vaccines effectiveness reducing time frame after 2nd dose vaccine completed?

Yes there are countless studies which is why Governments recommended 3rd jabs after 3 months of 6 months depending on your initial vaccine. The countless studies showed that the vaccine effectiveness dropped slowly or quickly depending on which vaccine you had

I had 2 Moderna shots and one Moderna booster.
After the second Moderna I quickly felt bad (fever, fluish) for 2 days, but felt nothing with the first shot or the booster.
Then I tested positive with 'probably' the Omicron variant; sneezing and coughing for 2 days.

Requested and received full-strength Moderna as booster (purchase through Bumrungrad) 5.5 months after regular Pfizer series.  Full-scale flu-like aches first night, very slight fever, cleared up the next day.   Should'a taken half an Ambien ???? 

-- Retiree 

23 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Which one has the least side effects? 

I've had AZ (x1), Pfizer (x2) and Moderna (x1) - All full shots.

There was not a notable difference between them regarding how I felt afterwards. 

Covid-Arm (the aching arm for a couple of days) and feeling feverish for 24 hrs. 

Everyone’s immune response is different, everyone will feel differently and may respond better to some vaccines compared to others. 

There are no hard and fast rules other than taking a vaccine will improve your chances of not catching Covid-19 in the first place and improve your chances of not suffering any symptoms or suffering very mild symptoms if you do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wife and I had our Moderna boosters on Monday at Block D BPH. Mainly youngish Thais. Wife says she is not having any more vaccines. Pain and heat in vaccine site, feverish, diarrhea, unable to play cards for whole week! I had a little pain in vaccine site and took panadols for 2 days although no fever. We had same dose despite me being twice her weight which explains why her reaction was worse. Definitely stronger than both AZ doses for each of us.

• Haha 1

Had a booster of Pfizer on Tuesday. My first two jabs were Pfizer as well. 

Tuesday there were no symptoms. Woke up Wednesday morning with a sore arm, which I still have now, Friday evening, with a bit of itching. Wednesday also brought an achy back that was gone by Thursday evening. Hopefully there will be nothing else.  I should also note that on January 2nd I tested COVID positive with symptoms lasting about four or five days. Reading the list of what I had, it appears that it was Omicron. 

I had both vaccinations with Pfizer and the Pfizer booster.  Due to a specific condition, I was advised to get a second booster.  That was Moderna.  For the first 3 shots I either had no or extremely mild side effects -- I spent a day trying to figure out if anything was wrong. 

Moderna seems to be a little stronger.  Right after getting it, I felt a little 'unsteady'.  I don't know if that was from the vaccine or not.  The following day, I definitely wasn't sick, but didn't feel quite right -- a little fatigued.  Day 3 all was normal.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2022 at 1:32 PM, Jingthing said:

Booster number 2 is coming.

Pfizer seems to be ahead on that.

Not necessarily - as the article below points out, a growing number of scientists think 4th doses may not be needed for at least 4-5 years (possibly longer).

A flurry of new studies suggests that several parts of the immune system can mount a sustained, potent response to any coronavirus variant.

Got a Covid booster? You probably won't need another for a long time.

Interestingly enough, while the Pfizer CEO has said a 4th dose is necessary, the Moderna president seems to disagree (more or less).

A fourth dose of the COVID-19 vaccine will likely only be necessary for elderly and immunocompromised people but not for the general public, Moderna president Stephen Hoge told Business Insider on Monday.

Moderna president: 4th vaccine dose only necessary for certain groups

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

I did Moderna booster after 2 x AZ. AZ had no side effects for me but was a bit light headed for an hour after the Moderna, and my arm was sore as hell for a couple of days.

My biggest surprise was there was only me and three other people for the twenty minutes I was in the hospital (medP). If I had known it was so easy I would have done it earlier.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1