March 27, 20224 yr On 3/25/2022 at 10:55 AM, Whale said: I did Moderna booster after 2 x AZ. AZ had no side effects for me but was a bit light headed for an hour after the Moderna, and my arm was sore as hell for a couple of days. My biggest surprise was there was only me and three other people for the twenty minutes I was in the hospital (medP). If I had known it was so easy I would have done it earlier. Was the Moderna booster free there (at MedPark?) or did they charge for it; and were you required to make a booking or did you simply walk in?
March 27, 20224 yr Wife and I had 2 shots of AZ, free, at the local government hospital in August and November last year. Last week the Poo Yai Baan announced that boosters were available today at a local school. We got a Pfizer booster, again free. No side effects from any of the vaccines (So far).
March 27, 20224 yr I had two AZs last year and had Covid a couple of months ago. I've got a booster booked this week but not sure it's necessary after the infection?
March 27, 20224 yr 8 hours ago, Exploring Thailand said: Which hospital is "medP"? Med Park (Bangkok)
March 27, 20224 yr 7 hours ago, mark5335 said: Was the Moderna booster free there (at MedPark?) or did they charge for it; and were you required to make a booking or did you simply walk in? Paid. Paid for it online night before and had injection next day. Edited March 27, 20224 yr by Whale
March 27, 20224 yr On 3/17/2022 at 5:11 PM, Neeranam said: Don't you have natural immunity now? My (vaccinated) family in the UK had COVID over Christmas, and are now down with it again. It's been 3 months almost to the day. No-one is seriously ill though, which is the main thing now.
March 27, 20224 yr 7 hours ago, mark5335 said: Was the Moderna booster free there (at MedPark?) or did they charge for it; and were you required to make a booking or did you simply walk in? I have a cheap Moderna booster available at MedPark. It takes about 5 mins to transfer it, and you can book an appointment for the next day or later. Message me if you are interested.
March 27, 20224 yr Is Moderna available in Bangkok now, or do you have to wait a long time for an appointment? How long between registration and appointment? Edit: I see question was already answered. Edited March 27, 20224 yr by fusion58
March 27, 20224 yr So now that a FOURTH booster is being promoted by the Thai government, how many months are the THIRD booster is optimal? Getting a shot annually which this is probably eventually coming to is no big deal, but we're not there yet. Edited March 27, 20224 yr by Jingthing
March 28, 20224 yr 15 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said: I had two AZs last year and had Covid a couple of months ago. I've got a booster booked this week but not sure it's necessary after the infection? I'm in the same boat more or less, 3 months ago for me. One of my kids got it the other week, my natural immunity held up. Unless the situation deteriorates badly with a super duper killer mutation, or they can develop a vaccine that actually stops infection then I wont bother with these boosters. Don't see a lot of point now with hybrid immunity.
March 28, 20224 yr 9 hours ago, Jingthing said: So now that a FOURTH booster is being promoted by the Thai government, how many months are the THIRD booster is optimal? Getting a shot annually which this is probably eventually coming to is no big deal, but we're not there yet. Sounds like the FDA in the U.S. is recommending the second booster shot for people 50 yrs and older starting four months after the first booster.
April 1, 20224 yr Author I just got the moderna one, 50%. As I was leaving, they called me back saying I had to pay another 900 baht. Does this seem right? I already paid 1200 baht a year ago and then THG asked me to top up another 500 baht. They should have checked before they gave it me, the only reason I took it was as I had paid.
April 1, 20224 yr Had Astra Zenica and Pfeizer, both gave reaction about 3 days, going for Pfeizer again. No other option, but would have chosen Modena if could.
April 1, 20224 yr On 3/28/2022 at 8:41 AM, Tall Midget said: I'm in the same boat more or less, 3 months ago for me. One of my kids got it the other week, my natural immunity held up. Unless the situation deteriorates badly with a super duper killer mutation, or they can develop a vaccine that actually stops infection then I wont bother with these boosters. Don't see a lot of point now with hybrid immunity. Neighbour got it, his son who lives with him also. Both had very mild symptoms. Elderly bedridden Mum in living room whom they both 'attend to' remains negative. All three have had 3 shots each. As you say, why worry?
Create an account or sign in to comment