Moderna or Pfizzer Booster?

Neeranam

7 minutes ago, vinci said:

imo Moderna is stronger, it will knock you out

Stronger, that is in line with what I read.

A mate in Germany had three Pfizer shots and was recently positive with significant symptoms for at least three days.

Knock out by Moderna?

Is that much different?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Neeranam - if you have had V1 andV2 Pfizer, I'd choose Moderna for the booster. If you've had others or a mix, either booster is OK.

I suggest if you choose Moderna, it should be a 50% dose as widely recommended - mine was 2 weeks ago. Ask for the injection to be aspirated - to make sure that the vax goes into muscle tissue not a blood vessel.

A 50% Moderna booster increases antibody count x 37 and the 100% dose x 84. 50% is enough.

Enjoy !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Overall, the Moderna vaccine shows slightly better effectiveness than Pfizer in most studies that have been done.

Side effect issues of any substance are very minimal with either of the two mRNA vaccines.

Post vaccination cases of short-term heart inflammation have been one rare issue, though generally in younger adults. And have been more likely to occur from COVID itself than as a result of vaccination.

Most mRNA COVID vaccine adverse events mild, transient

The vast majority of adverse events (92%) recorded after people received the Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna mRNA COVID-19 vaccines during the first 6 months of the US vaccine rollout were mild and transient, according to an observational study published yesterday in The Lancet Infectious Diseases.

The study authors noted very slight increases in anaphylaxis (severe allergic reaction, at 5.5 instances per million vaccine doses) and myopericarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle and sac surrounding the heart; 4.4 per million).

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2022/03/most-mrna-covid-vaccine-adverse-events-mild-transient

• Like 1

For 2 shots of Pfizer need to wait at least 6 months can be changed if you willing to pay for Moderna.

Early Feb checked with Medpark Hospital, replied that need to wait for 6 months.

Last week checked again, replied 3 - 6 months enough. Now already had Moderna as booster.

Might be too many Moderna vaccine available but not many interested. 

1 hour ago, TorquayFan said:

Neeranam - if you have had V1 andV2 Pfizer, I'd choose Moderna for the booster. If you've had others or a mix, either booster is OK.

I suggest if you choose Moderna, it should be a 50% dose as widely recommended - mine was 2 weeks ago. Ask for the injection to be aspirated - to make sure that the vax goes into muscle tissue not a blood vessel.

A 50% Moderna booster increases antibody count x 37 and the 100% dose x 84. 50% is enough.

Enjoy !

Interesting, I had sinovac then astra. I was pretty sick after the astra for a night and morning. 

48 minutes ago, Calvin1976 said:

For 2 shots of Pfizer need to wait at least 6 months can be changed if you willing to pay for Moderna.

Early Feb checked with Medpark Hospital, replied that need to wait for 6 months.

Last week checked again, replied 3 - 6 months enough. Now already had Moderna as booster.

Might be too many Moderna vaccine available but not many interested. 

Actually I've already paid for moderna, but also been offered pfizzer free. 

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

try both and let us know how you get on ????. I'm getting a Moderna shot from BHP on the 28th, I hope it's as mild as the Omicron I picked up in Patts at the end of December. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, heard free Pfizer being offered. At least after May (6 months) for me, if lucky.????

But I can't wait for that since need to start travelling due to work. 

43 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

try both and let us know how you get on ????. I'm getting a Moderna shot from BHP on the 28th, I hope it's as mild as the Omicron I picked up in Patts at the end of December. 

Hi Lemsta69. You got booking details and a cost @ Bangkok Patt  Hosp for your 28th?

Cheers

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

Don't you have natural immunity now?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Don't you have natural immunity now?

from what I've read any natural immunity conferred by Omicron wanes fairly quickly. so I'm going to err on the side of caution and get the Moderna booster like a good little sheeple.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I had two Pfizer shots in Thailand, spaced 3 weeks apart. No effects other than a sore arm for an evening.

Moderna booster in Canada 5 months after the last Pfizer shot, Canada's minimum wait time for a booster. 

No effects other than a sore arm for an evening.

YMMV

• Like 1

I had 2 shots of Pfizer , and the boostershot was Moderna . Moderna , with the people i know had a lot more side effects . However , for the booster , Moderna is half a dose . I had slight side effects , nothing to mention about or i remember .

IMHO , if you did have Pfizer before , choose Moderna , and opposite . Why ? Because both are same technology , but slightly different ingredients and dose ( Moderna big active ingredient dose ) , so as booster , slightly different might learn your body also the smaller differences between virus . IDK if this really is the case , but if the medical industry/health agencies says green light , i am in favor of that also .

My first 2 vaccinations we AZ. I read on reputable British sites about which boosters were most effective, Pfizer or Moderna. Winner: Moderna without a doubt.

If as a booster you choose Pfizer, your T-Cell count goes up 25 fold (25 times). Your Antibody production increases by 62%. The Pfizer booster shot was/is available for free.

If you choose Moderna as the booster, your T-Cell count increases 37 fold (37 times). Your Antibody production increases 87%. By far the better choice.

So I went to Pattaya Memorial and on Wednesdays and Thursdays they offer Moderna booster shots for 1,650 Bt. WORTH IT.  All that said, I still got a breakthrough cases about a month after my booster. It was like a headcold, nothing severe at all. Slight cough to begin with. Couple days later fever of 37.5C for 2 days, then spiked to 39C for 1 day. I drank lots of water, took Paracetemol (SaRa Brand just 13 bt for 10 pills at every 7-11) 3 times a day, 2 pills at a time. Was fine after a week from the beginning of the fever. Stay home and isolated a total of 12 days. Now I have natural immunity too.

Take MODERNA as the Booster if your first shots were AstraZeneca.

I think it depends on the person.

I had 2 Pfizers and a Moderna booster.  I had mild soreness in my arm for a night after the Pfizers. After the Moderna, I literally felt nothing. 

My gf got the Moderna booster. Her arm became quite sore for two days and she had a mild fever for a day.

• Like 1

After the 2 free Pfizer's, I had a Pfizer booster recently after 4 months..

Moderna wasn't available for me locally, but, out of the blue, the  hospital where I paid many months ago rang to offer a Moderna at the same time. I had a choice of Pfizer 1 km away or travel over 100km for the other.

Side affects - a very sore arm and lethargy for a couple of days.

I've read there is little difference in performance between the two, with Moderna slightly better..

(Just read Pfizer and BioNTtech in the  USA recommend a 4th shot for over 65s,)

• Like 1

Most people who I know had side effects with Moderna.  But it comes down to how your own body reacts.  I had  both Pfizer and Moderna boosters.  With no side effects from either. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

My first two vaccines were AZ... booster Pfizer one week ago [after 4 months]

No side effects at all

Same for me....2 AZ mild side effects, headache, out of it for a day, Pfizer booster...nothing at all.

• Like 1

I had 2 shots of Moderna.  My arm was sore for about a day and a half both times.  That's it.

What people seem to have a misconception about from the side effects is that is not the vaccine but your body reacting to thinking it is sick when it isn't.

One of the things your body does to fight off an infection is to raise your body temperature.  So when you get a vaccine it fools your body into thinking it is infected when it really isn't.  So your body can react by raising your temperature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1