Thai Public Health Ministry backtracks on its proposal to remove mandatory facial masks, says was a misunderstanding

webfact

1 hour ago, joecoolfrog said:

That has not been the case in the UK as far as I am aware.

As soon as regulations were lifted , mask wearers became very much the minority.

Sure, but mask-wearing was always a contentious issue in the UK where people are more capable of critical thinking. Over here, conformity is the norm and it has been universally adopted without murmur.

I reckon the government here would actually have to start prosecuting people for wearing masks in order to put an end to it.

2 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

Sure, but mask-wearing was always a contentious issue in the UK where people are more capable of critical thinking. Over here, conformity is the norm and it has been universally adopted without murmur.

I reckon the government here would actually have to start prosecuting people for wearing masks in order to put an end to it.

I reckon it will stop when they open up to unobstructed Tourism again,when mass tourism starts,and tourists arrive from countries that have canned mask wearing, ie: the UK as of 4am this morning,they won't wear masks on holiday.

1 minute ago, Mr Derek said:

If some do and some don't it causes distrust and division. Half the people will scorn the other half.

Nobody would want to live in such a society or should have to.

It is not natural to wear a mask and there are small risks associated with it, both social and physical.

Now the bigger Covid risk is over, the government should take steps to actually prevent people wearing masks without medical approval in order to help wean people off them.

You actually believe what you write?  I mean social and physical risks? Really.  Please expand on that.

I was sharing some comments on various topics/ news on here with a Thai friend.

My Friend said " why T F those Bloody foreigners are doung here if they don't like our Government " Accept it or go back home. LOL... WELL SAID.????????

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

My Friend said " why T F those Bloody foreigners are doung here if they don't like our Government " Accept it or go back home. LOL... WELL SAID.????????

The temples.

Your friend sounds like another "bloody" Thai xenophobe.

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
16 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

The temples.

Your friend sounds like another "bloody" Thai xenophobe.

Well if you do not like the government, as an expat, you have the choice to leave. The Thai xenophobe, to the large extent, does not.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

Well if you do not like the government, as an expat, you have the choice to leave. The Thai xenophobe, to the large extent, does not.

So what?

It's absurd to suggest that expats are obligated to love any government. End of.

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So what?

It's absurd to suggest that expats are obligated to love any government. End of.

Who said that? -- from the POV (point-of-view) of the Thai friend quoted, I can see that there may be frustration in that HE does not love the Thai government either but he does not have the option to leave available to the same extent as the expat.

16 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Who said that? -- from the POV (point-of-view) of the Thai friend quoted, I can see that there may be frustration in that HE does not love the Thai government either but he does not have the option to leave available to the same extent as the expat.

You're too generous.

14 hours ago, sirineou said:

Personally I believe that a targeted removal of face mask should be applied first.

Initial only only attractive people should be allowed to remove their face masks in public . Face mask wearing by ugly people should IMO be made permanent. :tongue:

Who is to be the judge?????

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Me of course. You would all send me a picture , and I would decide.

The service will be free, but I do like tea????

This could open up a whole new set of employment opportunities - ugliness judging/enforcement monitors.

23 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

This could open up a whole new set of employment opportunities - ugliness judging/enforcement monitors.

Indeed it could, 

And I have you know, this great idea of mine was accomplished without the aid of mind altering drugs

HeadRavenGIF.gif.35f03821d28b916f67adf20c3d78f970.gif

Edited by sirineou

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Perhaps they regard the public like children incapable of differentiating.

Well yes, they are aren't they? Spend most of the day staring at a phone playing some childish game, making social media, while being ant-social. But that is very true, a tight uniform makes many here paternal.

On 3/18/2022 at 6:25 AM, Skeptic7 said:

In oh so very Typically Thailand fashion, speaking out of both side of mouth. Flip-flopping. Backtracking. Saying one thing today and something different tomorrow. One hand not knowing what the other is doing. Standard operating procedure. All normal here...<deleted>! :cheesy:

Talking out of their ar$$es more like. The old joke. I wish you would stand up when talking as I can't stand people who mumble.

"Masking" is a sign of deference to authority.  It will remain here in Thailand well after other countries have moved on and accepted Covid as another pathogen like a cold or the seasonal flu.  Most countries are now dropping mandatory masking.  But Thailand will not.  You can tell how ingrained "masking" has become in Thai society as virtually all TV news anchors and TV show stars stay masked on TV.  In other countries these public figures are not required to stay masked after they are vaccinated and especially if they are tested prior to entering the studio.  But Thailand wants all of it's public figures "masked" as it sends a message to the common-folk.
The message is no longer about public safety; it's about public deference to authority.  And Thailand likes the common-folk to be deferential.  So masking will remain and will be just one more serious negative for those contemplating a vacation to Thailand from a country where the 'emergency' degrees have been lifted and life has gotten back to normal.  Well, unless those potential tourist think that masking up and touring under Covid restriction which are no longer in place in their own countries is considered - relaxing. 
"Mask-up And Welcome to New Normal Thailand where you can enjoy a non-alcoholic beverage while touring Buddhist temples as nightlife is still banned."
Not gonna be a hit methinks.  ????

Edited by connda

16 minutes ago, connda said:

Masking" is a sign of deference to authority.  It will remain here in Thailand well after other countries have moved on and accepted Covid as another pathogen like a cold or the seasonal flu.  Most countries are now dropping mandatory masking.  But Thailand will not. 

But mostly it is an action of awareness and protecting oneself and those around you. If Thai people retain mask wearing (which I doubt), it will be as a health measure.... 

Thailand will drop mandatory mask requirement, but in it's own time....the number of new infections here is currently at the highest number it has ever been.... 

Saying Thais defer to authority surprises me, doesn't appear to be a place for rule obedience to me!

Your post is nonsense. 

Edited by jacko45k