Overall negative reaction to Thai Covid-19 center meeting, majority of business owners, tourists want much further and faster easing of restrictions

webfact

4 hours ago, mlkik said:

Up to you as they say in Thailand. 

I have been back to Thailand sevral times for breaks of 5 months at a time and the entry requirements although a pain did not stop me enjoying my life.

I am a glass half full type and not a glass half empty negative moaner.

Applied for my Thailand pass today and will be back in Thailand at the end of April.

The risk/reward metrics would not be the same for a 5 month stay as the average tourist who has well under a month available to enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many home-type countries and tourism destinations are opening up with either reduced PCR test and proof of vaccination requirements or no PCR test and proof of vaccination requirements. And  that is just fine.

Personally, after paying attention to avoiding Covid-19 hotspots and hotspot type persons here in Thailand, getting vaccinated and boosted with Pfizer and Moderna, and getting 2 PCR tests for possible close encounters with positive cases, I am not so eager to put myself on a long-haul flight or visit 'spring-break party' locations to hang out with persons who possibly might never have received any PCR test or had any vaccinations.

... at least for now.

18 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Are you trying to tell me being "fully vaccinated" means you can still contract and spread covid?  Did the "vaccine" that was made within 9 months for a 2019 virus prove to not be effective for 2021/2022 variants?

Yes and yes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skorp13 said:

Also required for many transit countries. I got caught out as for Thailand the test is with in 72 hours but transit was 48 hours in Singapore so i had to do another test at LAX.....at my expense which the facility did not accept insurance. Out $150.00 USD

And as of late February covid testing is no longer required for transiting Singapore Changi airport (SIN)  Another burdensome and onerous requirement eliminated!  ????

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/transit/overview

21 hours ago, Jurg said:
Required Testing before Air Travel to the US

Required for all air passengers two years of age or older boarding a flight from a foreign country to the United States

Updated Jan. 27, 2022
If a country requires pre flight testing, the Airlines will check your test results before they let you board the Aircraft, that is my understanding. 

Not required in European Union if vaccinated

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

You are taking a big risk not to get a preflight PCR test if you are being PCR tested on arrival. I'd rather take some control of my own destiny (giving myself some minimal assurance before I fly), and not leave it all to chance on a PCR test on arrival.

Unless you are flying direct to BKK on a sealed route (and are not  transiting thought another airport / changing planes) you will need a pre-departure PCR test to board. The airlines, say flying though Japan, will demand it (and the other passengers on your flight not flying with you into BKK will expect it).

You appear think something is true then post incorrect information as if fact with nothing to back it up.  Or, perhaps you have misinterpreted the facts and personal experience you do have, resulting in an incorrect "theory of the situation". 

No Japanese airline requires covid testing. 6 pages on this topic and not one example accurately quoted here of an airline that requires covid testing. If somebody feels more comfortable taking a pre-flight covid test when not required by regulation there is nothing stopping you from the extra burden and expense.

To enter Japan you must have a pre-flight PCR/ NAAT test within 72 hours because the Government of Japan requires it.  You also have to do another PCR test at the Japan airport of arrival before being stamped in, as well as many more strict requirements. There is no test requirement to transit Japan airports 

Passengers can fly to and from many countries with a transit at HND, KIX  NRT, or NGO  airports with no requirement for pre-flight covid testing. The government of Japan does not require covid testing to transit any airport in Japan, You can fly from Thailand to many countries with a transit at HND, KIX or NRT,  airports with no requirement for testing because no Japanese airline (JAL, ANA, etc.) requires covid testing to transit airports in Japan either. They strictly go by the requirements of destination and country of transit. To do otherwise would put them at a competitive disadvantage and create unnecessary complications and burdens for customers.

Edited by Captain Monday

12 hours ago, farangnomore said:

Of course "fully vaccinated" people can contract and spread covid.  I was "fully vaccinated" and got covid from "fully vaccinated" friends. 

Vaccine has been shown only to reduce the severity of illness, nothing else.

A lot of people are confused by this. In the case of smallpox, polio etc, the word "immunised" is used. That means that once vaccinated you become immune to the disease - this is not the case with Covid vaccines. See under:-

"Vaccination is the term used for getting a vaccine — that is, actually getting the injection or taking an oral vaccine dose. Immunisation refers to the process of both getting the vaccine and becoming immune to the disease following vaccination."

17 hours ago, mlkik said:

I will take it off when swimming in the pool, drinking cold beers in the sunshine,eating good food,playing pool in the bars,shagging the mrs,lounging around at home .

Will be thinking of all the negative people freezing their balls off back in their misserable home countries 555

Up to me though 555

And now you even know how unhealthy these worn out dirty face masks are.

19 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

And as of late February covid testing is no longer required for transiting Singapore Changi airport (SIN)  Another burdensome and onerous requirement eliminated!  ????

https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/transit/overview

Good to know thank you!. Unfortunately for me i was 3 months early. Flying back on Singapore Air to LAX i did need an atk test at she wanna boom

17 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

And now you even know how unhealthy these worn out dirty face masks are.

That is why we change our masks frequently. Masks are very cheap if you buy in packs of 100.

12 hours ago, mlkik said:

That is why we change our masks frequently. Masks are very cheap if you buy in packs of 100.

Hahaha of course you are now going to say that but in reality people hardly change them. Anyway its a very very unhealthy habit good luck with promoting face masks.

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2022 at 9:02 PM, webfact said:

The Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) and Thai Chamber of Commerce have both stated the changes are not enough to encourage wider foreign tourism and travel.

And they're both correct. Just in case anyone from TAT is reading this, I won't be booking a flight to Thailand until ALL restrictions are lifted. And just to make sure that the Thai government doesn't do another U-turn, I will be leaving it for a couple of months after their so-called 1st of July Victory-Day with the proviso of it being "dependent on incoming infection rates and approval from the World Health Organisation (WHO)". Not sure why Thailand has to wait for the WHO giving them the green light, but there you go. With a good wind at my back, I might even be sunning myself in Thailand by early September at this rate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Hahaha of course you are now going to say that but in reality people hardly change them. Anyway its a very very unhealthy habit good luck with promoting face masks.

Bad luck with promoting Covid infections!