Letter from the Applicant’s Thai spouse

Dear Fellow Foreigners (Expats), I'm going to Phnom Penh this week to apply for a Non-O family. Do any of you have a nice "Letter from the Applicant's Thai Spouse" that you would like to share?  This is one of those 'school' assignments that I really have trouble with and do not mind copying off someone else. ???????? Help...

Thank you,

Mechanical Ag

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

"Dear sir,

Please give my husband John, a VISA so he can stay with me"

Hi BritManToo. Really that's it or are you just being sarcastic. (which I can't blame you for being such). At least it's a good start. ???? That would be great if that's all it needs.

Edited by AgMech Cowboy

26 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Hi BritManToo. Really that's it or are you just being sarcastic. (which I can't blame you for being such). At least it's a good start. ???? That would be great if that's all it needs.

That's all that's required.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, drjden said:

I have attached an example letter from the Thai Embassy in Copenhagen. There is a Thai version available as well.

Invitation-Letter-Eng-Example.pdf 112.6 kB · 0 downloads

this is a nice exmaple. but im not sure if this will work because this is obviously an invitation letter or like guaranteeing letter more than a wife letter. but again im not sure. 

also i was wondering if this letter should be hand written or not? 

this is again coming to a topic i created few weeks ago. Why they dont give really clear information about these things?! why they dont put an example or likewise?! why nothing is clear?! i know the thing about the immigrations but this is embassy!! its not so difficult to put a link and an example letter. This goes for all other documents, nothing is clear... 

21 hours ago, problemfarang said:

This goes for all other documents, nothing is clear

That's Thailand for you. Should  you want to extend once you are here, although there are basic requirements common to all such applications regional Immigration Offices and their individual officers may require additional items or nuance the basic requirements. Best to check with your local IO in advance when the time comes. Even so, you may be given the run around on the day or told to come back the next with what they want. We once were. The IO relented when I pointed out that the round trip took over 4 hours. He was just being a pain as the extension was granted after the obligatory 4 weeks under consideration period.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 12:18 AM, drjden said:

I have attached an example letter from the Thai Embassy in Copenhagen. There is a Thai version available as well.

Invitation-Letter-Eng-Example.pdf 112.6 kB · 12 downloads

You're prince! As @BritManToopointed out. It doesn't have to be complicated. And you @drjdenhave reenforced that, keep it simple!!  Thanks to all of you!!

• Like 1