Air Fryers

I have the Phillips HD9218. I like it.

I use it to cook bacon - best bacon ever.

I use it to prepare ham for my olive oil fettuccini.

I use it to cook my frozen hash brown patties for breakfast.

I have a deep frier for my french fries, but the air fryer does a fine job as well.

The things to look out for are: noise levels, basket materials and quality, basket size.

• Like 2

Have a air fryer for my camper van , it does the the cooking in a refined are with out making a mess , as with camper vans everything is close to you and get's covered in oil while frying in oil , these fryers are sealed and are real easy to clean.  Regards Popa .

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Definitely.

I am single and cook lots in the air fryer. (Gave the oven and hob away.)

Pies, chips, fish fingers, fish and chips, sausages, jacket spuds, spicy wedges etc. Chuck it all in the air fryer.

Bacon and pork good in the air fryer as well.

Even did a beef wellington in it. (Frozen one from Tops - very tasty.)

Pastry - brush milk on it to stop it going black.

What I cannot do in the air fryer I cook on the BBQ.

My first air fryer was a cheap one from Power Buy (3,000 THB 5 years ago was cheap.). It did well for a few years but the enamel started to flake off and it was going rusty.

Second one was a Philips. Very good but I dropped it. Replacement was at least 5,000 THB so I have just bought a big cheap one again. From Big C - on special. 1,690 THB.

"Keep shaking the chips/wedges and turning the meat."

When I try heating pies, they go very dry. Do you spray them with oil?

43 minutes ago, phetphet said:

When I try heating pies, they go very dry. Do you spray them with oil?

Nearly every one that buys a air fryer ,has to experiment with their cooking , as there are so many things to get right , such as heat and time settings , also depends what you are cooking, they do better with food that usually needs frying.. I am going to experiment in frying a egg in the air fryer , maybe lay alfoil in the tray with a touch of olive on a low setting , it's a matter of trail and error sometimes , it would be good as when you cook breakfast , cooking a egg in it seems to be a problem , well lets say I have never tried it yet .        Regards Popa

2 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

Do people use

them enough to make the purchase worthwhile? Recommendations?

I've got two.

One for meat (mainly sausages), and one for chips.

Too lazy to keep washing the same fryer, and I can cook sausages and chips at the same time.

You need a big one for chips, if they're more than a couple of chips deep they aren't crisp. Don't forget to shake or turn at half time.

This 5l one is perfect for chips ....... 1,100bht

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sotime-2022-5l-air-fryer-3-i357600815-s10528912764.html

Edited by BritManToo

I bought one two years ago and wife use almost every days. For potatoes, Spread Olive oil and salt For chickens, black pepper, Lemmon salt and pepper.

A lot of recipes in youtube.

3 hours ago, timendres said:

I have the Phillips HD9218. I like it.

I use it to cook bacon - best bacon ever.

I use it to prepare ham for my olive oil fettuccini.

I use it to cook my frozen hash brown patties for breakfast.

I have a deep frier for my french fries, but the air fryer does a fine job as well.

The things to look out for are: noise levels, basket materials and quality, basket size.

Thanks. Now I'm hungry - what time is lunch?

2 hours ago, Tarteso said:

I bought one two years ago and wife use almost every days. For potatoes, Spread Olive oil and salt For chickens, black pepper, Lemmon salt and pepper.

A lot of recipes in youtube.

I actually made some tonight

Air-Fryer-Fries-2.jpg

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

you got no idea

ro.jpg

My oven does that.  Air fryer = convection oven.  Heats the air with a fan.  Most ovens do the exact same thing.  What does that do differently ?

Looks like a nicer one, like the rotisserie option.

"What is an air fryer?

The air fryer is essentially an amped-up countertop convection oven—it doesn’t actually fry your food."

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/what-is-an-air-fryer/

You actually have that one, or simply taking photos of the internet,  It's even called 'countertop oven' in promo:

"Best Choice Products 16.9qt 1800W 10-in-1 Family Size Air Fryer Countertop Oven"

77f4ed2b-2a6c-4b42-bfd2-a02e04ebf0fe_1.ae31ebad6de45f772615ea1955217076.jpeg

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

My oven does that.  Air fryer = convection oven.  Heats the air with a fan.  Most ovens do the exact same thing.  What does that do differently ?

Looks like a nicer one, like the rotisserie option.

"What is an air fryer?

The air fryer is essentially an amped-up countertop convection oven—it doesn’t actually fry your food."

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/what-is-an-air-fryer/

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a35256979/air-fryer-chicken-parmesan-recipe/

14 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Not debating they're not cute little ovens, and handy if not cooking a lot or don't have a lot a space.  

But .. it's still just an oven, nothing more, nothing less, and we cook too much to try to work with something that small  Our oven is 70L, or we'll use the toaster oven, if cooking something small.  All do the same thing.  Actually, most of my cooking is done with the cast irons.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1