How easy is it to fall in love, real love, over 50?

Grecian

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I wasn't talking to you.

You aren't dating a western woman 20 years your junior.

Although to be fair the guy I did quote only specified 'European' so she might be from one of the odd countries with no welfare, where the single moms are as desperate as the Thai single moms.

Why Thai ladies marry white guys 20+ years older is easy to explain.

I know I've got one, her choices were limited to either a life of ease in my nice modern home, or scrabbling around trying to sell somtam on a market stall every day and living in a single room. 

Most women choose welfare over a man (assuming welfare is an available option).

Actually when you post on the open forum you are talking to anybody and everybody who is interested enough to read your post and then to respond to it.

If you only want to speak to one specific person then you simply send them a PM

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I have a similar rule ............

If a girl woman did not offer to have sex with me during the 1st date, there would be no more dates.

And did you end up with a high quality Woman ?

A financially  independent  Woman with morals who wasn't promiscuous ?

Or did you end up with a partner who had "been around a bit " ?

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

What an odd post!

I'm not a 'high quality man', so why would I expect a to live with a 'high quality woman'.

Most of the expats I meet were painters/plumbers/postmen/etc. in the west, a poor (but much younger) uneducated farm girl seems a lot more than most of us deserve!

Back in the west I dreamed of being promiscuous, but none of the women there wanted me.

They seemed to prefer a council flat, a welfare check and half a dozen cats to me.

Can't say I blame them, I wouldn't have minded free housing and some free money either.

IMO a man that wants a "high quality" ( whatever that means- dresses nicely and drinks expensive wine perhaps ) woman better be really rich and have good lawyers.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO a man that wants a "high quality" ( whatever that means- dresses nicely and drinks expensive wine perhaps ) woman better be really rich and have good lawyers.

Well , I don't think that "high quality" is the correct terminology , but if you are looking for a life partner/Wife and her only attribute or requirement to be tor wife is that she has sex on the first night you meet . 

Well , you get what you pay for, I suppose

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Well , I don't think that "high quality" is the correct terminology , but if you are looking for a life partner/Wife and her only attribute or requirement to be tor wife is that she has sex on the first night you meet . 

My only requirement was that she would actually have sex. When they ceased to do so it was just a matter of time  before we parted.

My first partner must have had a miraculous recovery of her libido after she left me as she got married twice. The first one didn't last long, so I assume she tried the same BS that she did with me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My only requirement was that she would actually have sex. When they ceased to do so it was just a matter of time  before we parted.

My first partner must have had a miraculous recovery of her libido after she left me as she got married twice. The first one didn't last long, so I assume she tried the same BS that she did with me.

Yeah, if you get a woman and it doesn't work properly , likes its faulty and it cannot do sex, you need to take it back and get  a different one which fully works and can do sex . 

How long was you married to her before she started to go wrong ?.

My Fridge packed up last week and I'd only had it for 18 months 

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

My only requirements for a woman, under 35 years old, weighing less than 50Kg, and will have sex with me when I feel like it. 

Which gives me an idea for a 'Pub' thread ............

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

From a lifetime of observation-

women want to get married, but the other party in the ceremony is not important enough to not break the promises made.

Men just want to get laid, and sometimes marry the first female that will do it with them, because they think it will always be like that.

Can't stand her, but Germaine Greer was just about spot on when she said marriage is institutionalized rape

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

Can't stand her, but Germaine Greer was just about spot on when she said marriage is institutionalized rape

More like institutionalised InCel/Indentured servitude.

Maybe your marriage was different to my marriage.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

Just now, whereyougo said:

I see many farang with old mamasan covered in home made tatts. They seem to be happy 

She is the one with all the money maybe?.......always told my kids.....don't marry for love, marry for money (joking)

• Like 1

Back to the question at hand, do you, either back in your home country or in Thailand, ever see many middle aged or older couples obviously out on a date?

Me, no. Most middle aged+ couples I see eating together look really bored.

I've prob seen more such happy couples in Pattaya than the rest of the world combined.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LaosLover said:

Back to the question at hand, do you, either back in your home country or in Thailand, ever see many middle aged or older couples obviously out on a date?

Me, no. Most middle aged+ couples I see eating together look really bored.

I've prob seen more such happy couples in Pattaya than the rest of the world combined.

That is because the "couples" in Pattaya have only just met and they are both excited about what the relationship will bring in the future .

They probably wont be as happy when you see them the next morning , hung over and still wearing the same clothes , playing pool at midday drinking a small chang .

Middle aged people in Western Countries have moved on from dating and looking for a partner , thats something they did when they were in their 20's

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

when you see them the next morning , hung over and still wearing the same clothes , playing pool at midday drinking a small chang .

-I'm sorry, but that sounds like the stuff that happy death bed memories are made of.

Past 45, your opportunities to enjoy even the simple limerence of a new liaison drop like a stone.

Skimming the Reddit of Dating over 50, most of the guys in the west are averaging 2-4 dates a YEAR. And most of those are one hour Starbucks meetups where she texts them afterwards that she wasn't feelin' it.

Also, the overwhelming older female trend is that they want to live apart, see you when they feel like it, and not take care of you when you're sick (NYTimes had a long article).

So that's a lot of 'less" coming from the female side: Less interest in a relationship, less availability, less sex, less loyalty, less caretaking.

"Buy my product. Now with 75% LESS!".

Edited by LaosLover
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

-I'm sorry, but that sounds like the stuff that happy death bed memories are made of.

Past 45, your opportunities to enjoy even the simple limerence of a new liaison drop like a stone.

Skimming the Reddit of Dating over 50, most of the guys in the west are averaging 2-4 dates a YEAR. And most of those are one hour Starbucks meetups where she texts them afterwards that she wasn't feelin' it.

Also, the overwhelming older female trend is that they want to live apart, see you when they feel like it, and not take care of you when you're sick (NYTimes had a long article).

So that's a lot of 'less" coming from the female side: Less interest in a relationship, less availability, less sex, less loyalty, less caretaking.

"Buy my product. Now with 75% LESS!".

In that kind of relationship, the person is seeking  cheap full time career .

Its a business kind of relationship 

That guy in Pattaya playing pool with a physically-present female of dubious motive is STILL doing better than a guy looking at a 6 month wait for his next iffy coffee date back home.

If wearing clothes two days in a row on vacation is a crime, I should be on death row.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

That guy in Pattaya playing pool with a physically-present female of dubious motive is STILL doing better than a guy looking at a 6 month wait for his next iffy coffee date back home.

If wearing clothes two days in a row on vacation is a crime, I should be on death row.

Most guys back home have moved on from chasing females  , got older and no longer behave like their are 20 years old

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Most guys back home have moved on from chasing females  , got older and no longer behave like their are 20 years old

I'm betting they would like to chase females, but just lack the opportunity.

So they take up gardening, or build little projects in the garden shed to help ease their pain.

Hell, when I discovered Thailand at age 52, I was banging twice a night.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

An average old guy gets 0-2 replies on online dating a month (an average woman gets 4-8 replies A DAY). He can't cold-approach women anymore without getting arrested.

Economic status is much more important than when you were young, so your pool of lower libido, but still highly feted, women is even smaller. You will have to work harder for a more demanding, less sexual mate.

Where do I sign up?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

An average old guy gets 0-2 replies on online dating a month (an average woman gets 4-8 replies A DAY). He can't cold-approach women anymore without getting arrested.

Economic status is much more important than when you were young, so your pool of lower libido, but still highly feted, women is even smaller. You will have to work harder for a more demanding, less sexual mate.

Where do I sign up?

Although this thread is about finding "love" , rather than just finding sexual partners .

There is quite a difference between finding a long term loving partner and just finding someone else to have sex with  

• Like 1