Travel sector calls for endemic status, scrapping of Thailand Pass and full normality on entry

webfact

4 minutes ago, sambum said:

Why would you need a "deterrent" when TAT  wants to rejuvenate the tourist industry? 

You probably think that the country did perfectly well without tourists (or foreign investment)  before, but you tend to forget that without foreign investment and tourist dollars, you would have no TV's, no motor bikes, no mobile phones, no buses, no trains and NO MOBILE PHONES! (etc etc!)

But of course, you can manage perfectly well without those - can't you?

A falang perspective, try sticking to the facts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm fine on Hawaii island, where it hardly got above 1 out of a thousand population. A pandemic low of 35 hospitalizations in the State, 1.1 million population, to Omicron, 200-240 hospitalizations in the State..40 on Hawaii island..now for all the smartys out there..guess what I heard on BBC, (while you were drinking beer-lowers the immune response by the way like sugar) An Omicron and a Delta varient got together in da same cell and made a Deltacron, (not da proper name!) So hold Your horses tight, cause is not over yet. Lucky they open in July!  Better odds!

Wear a mask!

I'm triple vaxed btw Aloha, (be kind to each other!)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

A falang perspective, try sticking to the facts.

Which are? Be honest, check back in your history books (if they have the correct facts)

All of the items I mentioned above were invented by farangs, not Thais.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

This should not happen at all.

I have said before to only open up 100% normal for all Asian countries and keep Thaipass in current state for all western countries.

Thailand is digging their own grave if they open for everyone.

It looks like the grave has already been dug. Just waiting for it to get filled in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"There are no interior not superior vaccines,............."

I presume you mean "inferior", not "interior", but I though it was pretty common knowledge that the Chinese vaccines are pretty useless against more recent strains of Covid, but Pfizer and AstraZeneca are quite effective in reducing the symptoms.

So the above statement appears to be contradictory to many expert medical opinions?  

Sorry, phone autocorrect.

The Chinese vaccines is the normal, standard, well known vaccines type that has been used for ages and is still being used for all "normal" viruses / standard childhood vaccines.

Edited by onthedarkside
misinfo comment removed
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

it appears camb viet phils sing  malaysia have out thought and out maoevered thailands govt by treating visitors with money with some respect and not constantly ripping them off,im still not conviced all scams will be gone,though i see the ins scam being replaced by the entry fee.im stuck here some time but must leave due to medical reasons,i hope to be gone within a week so i will return in july the 1sy hopefull or ill go to camb or phils,simple as that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DRD123 said:

No ones coming to a hot moist tropical country and wearing a mask when dozens of countries have no mandates anymore. 

Its like telling everyone to wear a diaper in your speedos...enjoy your vacation! 

Nonsense,,, just a load of cry babies... diapers would be a good idea too. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sambum said:

...ask Anutin, first he wears one, then he doesn't , then he does! Then he says it's not against the law not to wear one, but you can still be fined a hefty amount (up to 20,000 baht) for riding a motor bike without one? (As far as I know  - that is the situation at the moment, but laws change so quickly here!)

So why should a Westerner/tourist who is triple vaxed, and taken all the "necessary" tests for Covid be a danger because he/she is not wearing a mask? Less of a danger, for instance, than the hundreds of unvaccinated people ("non farangs"!) sneaking/coming across Thailand's borders from neighbouring countries.

Diversion.... but mummy he isn't wearing one. Well he isn't a tourist or guest is he!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sambum said:

...ask Anutin, first he wears one, then he doesn't , then he does! Then he says it's not against the law not to wear one, but you can still be fined a hefty amount (up to 20,000 baht) for riding a motor bike without one? (As far as I know  - that is the situation at the moment, but laws change so quickly here!)

So why should a Westerner/tourist who is triple vaxed, and taken all the "necessary" tests for Covid be a danger because he/she is not wearing a mask? Less of a danger, for instance, than the hundreds of unvaccinated people ("non farangs"!) sneaking/coming across Thailand's borders from neighbouring countries.

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Diversion.... but mummy he isn't wearing one. Well he isn't a tourist or guest is he!

Diversion? Pot? Kettle? You were the one who brought up the subject of masks in the first place by making a sarcastic comment about farangs reacting in a childish way when asked to wear a mask!!!

So what you are saying is that because Anutin isn't a tourist or guest he shouldn't wear a mask, but all tourists or guests should? And what about the 69 million or so Thais that are not tourists or guests? They shouldn't wear one either?

And do me a favour - I have asked before but not got a satisfactory answer from anyone:- What is the logic behind having to wear a mask on a motor bike? I can't fathom it out!

Edited by sambum
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, sambum said:

And do me a favour - I have asked before but not got a satisfactory answer from anyone:- What is the logic behind having to wear a mask on a motor bike? I can't fathom it out!

For when the police pull you over.... but to be honest, I mostly don't. Got stopped only this AM, messing about getting a mask on... Policeman only interested in seeing the licence.

I am saying, stop pointing at others, it is diversion.... it really isn't a big deal wearing a mask. I just did so all morning, outdoors, as I got my booster...... (free thank you Thailand).... all had masks on there, little kids too!

Edited by jacko45k

6 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

This should not happen at all.

I have said before to only open up 100% normal for all Asian countries and keep Thaipass in current state for all western countries.

Thailand is digging their own grave if they open for everyone.

yep those Dirty Farangs..!!!! what you drinking  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Planning to go out for 2 weeks in April...still need ThaiPass....and what a crock that is!

It needs to be the first thing to get rid of....it serves little purpose at all!

yep I need to get back to europe to sort out some stuff but afraid ill get stuck there. with the never ending change's at the drop of a hat Government hasn't got a clue ...,..........   ill wait a bit 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

For when the police pull you over.... but to be honest, I mostly don't. Got stopped only this AM, messing about getting a mask on... Policeman only interested in seeing the licence.

I am saying, stop pointing at other, it is diversion.... it really isn't a big deal wearing a mask. I just did so all morning, outdoors, as I got my booster...... (free thank you Thailand).... all had masks on there, little kids too!

"For when the police pull you over" ???? I give up!

"I am saying, stop pointing at other, it is diversion." So you are allowed to make sarcastic remarks about farangs not wearing masks, but I'm not allowed to do the same about Thais, or their Minister of Health?

To be honest, I wear a mask also, but not because I want to - I think it's ridiculous in an outside setting, but I do it because it's the law - oh, sorry, no it isn't! OK, I do it because it's EXPECTED, and I don't want to upset my hosts because I live here - albeit as an "alien" according to my visa.