###### - I Need A Chocolate Thickshake Bad

Wizzard of Oz

Strawberry & Chocolate Thick Shake With Kahlua & Baileys

5 scoops vanilla ice cream (I use a large scoop)

2 1/2 cups whole milk

12 large strawberries, hulled & chopped in half

1/2 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped

1/2 cup Bailey's Irish Cream

1/2 cup Kahlua

1. Put the chocolate & milk in the blender & pulse until the chocolate is only slightly chunky (i.e. you won't choke when you swallow it).

2. Add the strawberries, icecream, Baileys & Kahlua & pulse until well combined.

3. Serve straight away with long spoons (as this can be quite thick - depending on the icecream you may need to add a little extra milk).

Yummm..

2 1/2 cups whole milk

1/2 cup Kahlua

1. Put the chocolate & milk in the blender & pulse until the chocolate is only slightly chunky (i.e. you won't choke when you swallow it).

2. Add the strawberries, icecream, Baileys & Kahlua & pulse until well combined.

3. Serve straight away with long spoons (as this can be quite thick - depending on the icecream you may need to add a little extra milk).

Yummm..

ATE, you forgot the half cup of either Cointreau and/or Vodka mate.

Edited by Blinky Bill

2 1/2 cups whole milk

1/2 cup Kahlua

Yummm..

ATE, you forgot the half cup of either Cointreau and/or Vodka mate.

That was one of the missus's recipes, i usually use a 750ml bottle of Lao Kao..wine.gif

Too bad your buddy didn't become "man Friday" about the place. We got a "brushes with greatness/opportunity" thread there! Apropos of that, don't ask me about my brush with opportunity stories with google or ebay, it will test your faith in my veracity and my stomach lining.

THREAD HIJACK alert!

All of my friends in CM, who have already heard this story (3 times or more), skip to next thread.

It's 1972, and I'm a wise old sage of 21 or so. Just got back to US after an extended 2 year trip 'round the world, which involved various hare-brained adventures, such as: being a stowaway on a Liberian registry tanker out of Veracruz Mexico bound for Rotterdam Holland (worked for my passage, was offered job, turned it down, they were going BACK thru Panama Canal to Yokohama; wrong direction), hitchhiked thru Europe, bought motorcycle in Austria (KTM) which I rode solo down coast of (then) Yugoslavia, across northern Greece, then Turkey, Iran and Afghanistan. Got to Kabul, fell in with some decidedly piratic individuals, whole other story there, can't go into it until statute of limitations expires in about another 48 years....

OK, here's the "brushes with greatness/opportunity" thing.

So I'm back in Sunnyvale, CA (San Francisco Bay area) visiting my mom and sisters.

One day during my brief 2 week visit, Mom says:

"Guess who I ran into today at the supermarket?"

"Who, Mom?"

"Remember your friend Steven Wozniak from school? I ran into his mother today; Steven has just started some company, has something to do with computers- why don't you give him a call?"

As a brief aside, Steve and I were pretty good pals at Cupertino Junior High, where we were both in the Electronics Club. We did a joint project together that involved soldering together a PC board which was some kind of DC power convertor. At Homestead High School, I was not so close a friend, but I saw him regularly, and we were on friendly terms.

So Mom wants (like all mothers) for me to be gainfully employed. And I, Mr. Big-Head International Traveller, want to: 1) chase girls 2) ride my motorcycle to Vancouver Canada to visit some friend who I had met in Istanbul (more Piracy) 3) fly off into the Wild Blue Yonder in search of more heart-stopping adventures.

I have NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER, had I called my friend Steven Wozniak (co-founder of Apple Computer with Steven Jobs) in 1972, I would have been instantly offered a job.

Ground floor opportunity at Apple in 1972; passed it up.

Now let's hear yours!

Oh, and on thread, I like my chocolate shakes shaken, not stirred. Hold the ice cream and milk, substitute Gordon's and Martini & Rossi vermouth (exactly 1 eyedropper full)...... :o

McG

Awww sorry!

HEck put it this way..if your happy, then doesnt matter. In any case you could have ended up with more money but bloody miserable.

Enjoy the beer! :o

(and..btw..nerds are sexy)

I discovered tonight that Ta22's bar The Haven does NOT have Chocolate Thickshakes (on thread).....

Blessedly they do have ice cold Singha beer, however.... :o

And a very charming and personable owner, as well....!

Edited by mcgriffith

Too bad your buddy didn't become "man Friday" about the place. We got a "brushes with greatness/opportunity" thread there! Apropos of that, don't ask me about my brush with opportunity stories with google or ebay, it will test your faith in my veracity and my stomach lining.

THREAD HIJACK alert!

All of my friends in CM, who have already heard this story (3 times or more), skip to next thread.

It's 1972, and I'm a wise old sage of 21 or so. Just got back to US after an extended 2 year trip 'round the world, which involved various hare-brained adventures, such as: being a stowaway on a Liberian registry tanker out of Veracruz Mexico bound for Rotterdam Holland (worked for my passage, was offered job, turned it down, they were going BACK thru Panama Canal to Yokohama; wrong direction), hitchhiked thru Europe, bought motorcycle in Austria (KTM) which I rode solo down coast of (then) Yugoslavia, across northern Greece, then Turkey, Iran and Afghanistan. Got to Kabul, fell in with some decidedly piratic individuals, whole other story there, can't go into it until statute of limitations expires in about another 48 years....

OK, here's the "brushes with greatness/opportunity" thing.

So I'm back in Sunnyvale, CA (San Francisco Bay area) visiting my mom and sisters.

One day during my brief 2 week visit, Mom says:

"Guess who I ran into today at the supermarket?"

"Who, Mom?"

"Remember your friend Steven Wozniak from school? I ran into his mother today; Steven has just started some company, has something to do with computers- why don't you give him a call?"

As a brief aside, Steve and I were pretty good pals at Cupertino Junior High, where we were both in the Electronics Club. We did a joint project together that involved soldering together a PC board which was some kind of DC power convertor. At Homestead High School, I was not so close a friend, but I saw him regularly, and we were on friendly terms.

So Mom wants (like all mothers) for me to be gainfully employed. And I, Mr. Big-Head International Traveller, want to: 1) chase girls 2) ride my motorcycle to Vancouver Canada to visit some friend who I had met in Istanbul (more Piracy) 3) fly off into the Wild Blue Yonder in search of more heart-stopping adventures.

I have NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER, had I called my friend Steven Wozniak (co-founder of Apple Computer with Steven Jobs) in 1972, I would have been instantly offered a job.

Ground floor opportunity at Apple in 1972; passed it up.

Now let's hear yours!

Oh, and on thread, I like my chocolate shakes shaken, not stirred. Hold the ice cream and milk, substitute Gordon's and Martini & Rossi vermouth (exactly 1 eyedropper full)...... :o

McG

Okaaaaaaaaay.

(showing INCREDIBLE restraint by not making any offensive comments on the lack of having any point to this post whatsoever .... )

I just had teh best burger I've ever eaten.

Ever.

In my whole life.

I'm gonna die in the next few hours after all that grease is digested and clogs up my arteries - BUT WHAT A WAY TO GO!

I went to Mikes on Niman soi 2

I got the Double Double (cheese burger) - so it had 2 patties (I only ate at Miokes once before and had the fish and it was very so so)

Anyway - back to my Double Double.

The mince was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!!

And complemented with a chocolate thick shake (thanks to the guys on this thread who said to try there) made in an easy 10/10.

It was pretty ###### pricey getting a super sized meal with the thick shake (195b), but the burger and thickshake were so filling that I will prog just get the burger and thick shake and no "meal deal" next time. Prob like 160b or so.

Side note - the thick shake was unreal too. Thanks for the suggestion guys.

Woz (Satisfiiieeeed - with not so happy arteries :D)

Okay, I went back yesterday to find that I just got a lucky day and lucked out on the most delicious burger ever that day :o

Still not bad, maybe 8/10 but not as UNBELIEVABLE AND WORTH A CORONARY as when I wrote this post.

The thickshakes are still great tho