Order For Covid 19 Extensions Extended Until May 24th

22 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

NO!!!!!  I spent 108,948 hours happy these old guys will be forced to leave!!!  I told them every second, book a trip!!  Now they are soo happy and I am really considering the 84th floor pier to nowhere.......Others being happy cannot help us!!!  Please be sad, because I am sad......I am only happy when other humans have stress.    I know I shouldn't be negative, but for some crazy reason I am..........lol.  

lol.    Great news!!! Just texted my friend, and it will save him a stressful trip outside of Thailand for an employment visa.  It will make his weekend.  

I'm not on a covid extension, but if I meet a falang I will tell them, "I've been on COVID extensions for 33-years and it's great!!!"  

The last two years here have seemed longer than the previous fifteen. I wish I were joking.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asiacurious said:

While waiting for a good translation I did a quick Google translate.  Was this kind of language (in bold below) in earlier orders extending?

When traveling back out of the Kingdom and there is a necessity to stay in the Kingdom, the following guidelines are therefore prescribed: 1. Extending the period of time for the execution of the above letter until 24 May 25  2. Increasing rigor in considering permission to stay in the Kingdom to prevent aliens from using it as an opportunity to avoid reasons for applying to stay in the Kingdom without meeting the objectives of the immigration law

So I guess that's me out for a May covid extension used to bypass transferring 800k baht for an imm O and retirement extension ????

Pretty hard to tick 1st box on affadavit since my destination is Australia, which has just announced:  "Following medical advice, the Biosecurity Emergency Determination relating to COVID-19 for Australia will not be renewed when it lapses on April 17"

https://www.health.gov.au/ministers/the-hon-greg-hunt-mp/media/australias-biosecurity-emergency-pandemic-measures-to-end

Edited by aussiexpat

17 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

No, they said that on the 23rd because even THEY were not aware until today that the program would be extended.  So on the 23rd, it was still true that it would be the last (unless it was later announced that the program was extended, which we all now know...it is !!!)  ???? 

Christ, it's slipping into 1984/Catch-22 realms of bizarre language use.

"You said it was the last one."

"Yes.  It was."

"But now they are extending it."

"Yes.  It is extended.  They are continuing it."

"But you said it was the last one!  How can it be the last one if they extended it?!!!"

"Because it was the last one on Wednesday, never to be extended, game over, time to leave.  Then on Friday they extended it.  So you can stay.  No need to worry!"

"I just don't understand."

"Welcome to Thailand.  Now please complete this form that no one will ever read in blue ink.  We prefer the forms we never read to be completed in blue ink, so we know we aren't reading the original copy.  And make sure you provide three copies so that no one can ever read it in three separate places."

27 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

So I guess that's me out for a May covid extension used to bypass transferring 800k baht for an imm O and retirement extension ????

Pretty hard to tick 1st box on affadavit since my destination is Australia, which has just announced:  "Following medical advice, the Biosecurity Emergency Determination relating to COVID-19 for Australia will not be renewed when it lapses on April 17"

https://www.health.gov.au/ministers/the-hon-greg-hunt-mp/media/australias-biosecurity-emergency-pandemic-measures-to-end

No need to be S.A about it. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

No need to be S.A about it. 

Not S.A about it. Someone translated order to say they will be more strict, I admitted my covid extension had nothing to do with covid so won't apply again, especially as covid in Australia is no longer a pandemic post 17 April

Life is too short to stress over visa requirements...

Edited by aussiexpat

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

Life is too short to stress over visa requirements

I'm Oz.

Your many posts embarrassing.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You came recently to Thailand visa exempt.

Plan for non O and extension based on retirement. 

Then obtain covid extension after chucking off that folk can easily exit Thailand.

Hypocrite. 

Edited by DrJack54

36 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm Oz.

Your many posts embarrassing.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You came recently to Thailand visa exempt.

Plan for non O and extension based on retirement. 

Then obtain covid extension after chucking off that folk can easily exit Thailand.

Hypocrite. 

An OP of a thread asked do you think covid extensions will be extended past 25 March, I posted my response that I didn't think it would be due to most countries now being open without restrictions.

Since then you've constantly attacked me as an anti covid extension poster when all I did is answer the OP with my opinion as they asked. I couldn't care less if covid extensions were granted or not.

They are easily available so I will use them, doesn't mean it makes sense

Edited by aussiexpat

14 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

I couldn't care less if covid extensions were granted or not.

You don't care as you had options.

Namely to obtain a non-O based on retirement from your recent visa exempt entry from Australia.

Think that was your original plan. 

Choose to slag off at folk obtaining covid extensions that in many cases did not have that option. 

And now boasting that you can avoid the money in bank requirement for a non O retirement.

Sad!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Choose to slag off at folk obtaining covid extensions that in many cases did not have that option. 

Please quote me where I have ever "slagged off any poster for obtaining covid extensions". You make this <deleted> up in your head. 

Defamation at its best just because what I say doesn't agree with your narrative.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

, I posted my response that I didn't think it would be due to most countries now being open without restrictions.

Pretty foolish in hindsight as covid Extensions have been extended by Thai government.

Clearly your ability to return to Oz was irrelevant.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Well, your destination doesn't have to be Australia.  What if you want to go to Hong Kong instead?  I think you can't at the moment, unless you do a long quarantine.  Nothing says your destination has to be your home country or any other country for that matter.  It just has to be... someplace! 

42 minutes ago, asiacurious said:

Other sites are reporting that the prohibition against giving Non-O holders covid extensions has been scrapped with the latest extensions through May and Non-O holders can get them again.

Yes but not every office is approving them. It's hit or miss.