Order For Covid 19 Extensions Extended Until May 24th

34 minutes ago, zugzug123 said:

can Non-Imm holders now do the extension again, or is it only for tourists again?

No

But if they can get a letter from their embassy they can apply for a 30 day extension is mentioned in the order.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheFriend said:

In Chiang Mai, there was a sign that said something like "Covid Extension only for Tourist Visa and Extensions". 

Yes there was a sign! also the immigration officer said  (on the 23rd march) this was the last covid extension. So they may start rejecting even the Tourist Visa and Extensions?

2 hours ago, Hellfire said:

4 more months in Paradise - now guaranteed 

Yup, was hoping to use the "No more Covid extensions" as an excuse to make my donations elsewhere more pleasant and adventurous. For my sake I hope they will not extend it after 24th may! 

5 hours ago, falangUK said:

Yes there was a sign! also the immigration officer said  (on the 23rd march) this was the last covid extension. So they may start rejecting even the Tourist Visa and Extensions?

No, they said that on the 23rd because even THEY were not aware until today that the program would be extended.  So on the 23rd, it was still true that it would be the last (unless it was later announced that the program was extended, which we all now know...it is !!!)  ???? 

8 minutes ago, jcmj said:

So if I just arrived from the US with my standard 30 day entry visa can I get the extension?

You entered visa exempt.

You will have to apply for the standard 30 day extension first then its possible to apply for the 60 day Covid extension.

• Like 2

With my covid extension I will be in Thailand for 120 days (maybe 180 days). Are we required to comply with the 90 day reporting or is that only for a formal long term visa?

The immigration link below seems to say anyone staying over 90 days in Thailand must report or be fined 2000 baht?

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/90days-report/

Edited by aussiexpat

13 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

Great news!!! Just texted my friend, and it will save him a stressful trip outside of Thailand for an employment visa.  It will make his weekend.  

Same here. Just sent this to someone quoted 20k under the table by an officer because no more extensions. Pity that officer's mia noi's gold or car payment will now have to wait.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Are we required to comply with the 90 day reporting or is that only for a formal long term visa?

Most immigration offices would not require 90 report for anyone entering thailand with tv or visa exempt and obtained covid extensions. 

Admittedly there is no direct linkage, but the regime did just extend the COVID Emergency Decree a 17th time last week, for the period April 1, 2022 through May 31, 2022.

Makes sense to keep the COVID extensions in place until there is full border normalization, maybe July 1, 2022? And/or until the COVID Emergency Decree is lifted.

I'd probably recommend some additions though, require a renewal every 30 days or double or triple the fee (1,900 for 30 days, 3,800 for 60 days), require health insurance for the term of the extension, require some form of income proof (at least 40,000 per month).

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I'd probably recommend some additions though, require a renewal every 30 days or double or triple the fee (1,900 for 30 days, 3,800 for 60 days), require health insurance for the term of the extension, require some form of income proof (at least 40,000 per month).

Another bod living in Cookoo land - What difference would any of that make to you ?? We aint got time for any of that extra rubbish - We just like filling in our TM7's & our affidavits & getting our 60 days stamp - Don't be so bitter & resentful - We dont make the rules.

However, i agree with you that the fee could increase a tad - I would recommend that covid extensions are increased to 90 DAYS & increase the fee by 100 baht to 2000 baht.

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Admittedly there is no direct linkage, but the regime did just extend the COVID Emergency Decree a 17th time last week, for the period April 1, 2022 through May 31, 2022.

Makes sense to keep the COVID extensions in place until there is full border normalization, maybe July 1, 2022? And/or until the COVID Emergency Decree is lifted.

U should get yourself down to immigration Monday morning and share your ideas with them, I'm sure they'd love to hear them. ????

8 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

U should get yourself down to immigration Monday morning and share your ideas with them, I'm sure they'd love to hear them. ????

Maybe he will ne there anyway as maybe he works there in a "Consultancy" role.

Hope he has a work permit.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Will immigration be working all weekend to come up with a new bag of tricks and unpleasant behavior. 

They tried the "must have flight out" at CW.

They refused the affidavit at HH and demanded letter from you embassy. etc etc. 

Too much watching Jerry Seinfeld, "no soup for you".

Hopefully they realize that the Thai gov has put in place covid extensions.

Time to practice their one skill. ....."stamp the damn pp".

Do your job. 

• Thanks 1

While waiting for a good translation I did a quick Google translate.  Was this kind of language (in bold below) in earlier orders extending?

When traveling back out of the Kingdom and there is a necessity to stay in the Kingdom, the following guidelines are therefore prescribed: 1. Extending the period of time for the execution of the above letter until 24 May 25  2. Increasing rigor in considering permission to stay in the Kingdom to prevent aliens from using it as an opportunity to avoid reasons for applying to stay in the Kingdom without meeting the objectives of the immigration law

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Or, or, or... oh, OH!  Maybe they could require people to bring a box of chocolates - enough for each Immigration Officer to each have at least 3 pieces.

Edited by asiacurious

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Geez, someone got out wrong side of the bed.

Thinking all that bit harsh.

More like an attention-seeker. He's well aware his commentary will draw the ire of all on this thread. He's relishing it.  Time to activate the "ignore troll" protocol. ????

8 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

More like an attention-seeker. He's well aware his commentary will draw the ire of all on this thread. He's relishing it.  Time to activate the "ignore troll" protocol. ????

I'm more interested as to what will be the immigration offices and individual officers attitude to this extended covid extension availability.

Will the harassment (by some) continue.

Using all and means to refuse extension, be that requirement of flight ticket or some other stunt.

Is it as simple as trying to force applicants to use an agent.

As a result getting snout into the trough. 

I can't figure out immigrations thinking. 

Just do your simple job. 

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Will the harassment (by some) continue.

Yes

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I can't figure out immigrations thinking. 

For some, it's probably nationalism.  For others, it's probably just doing what the boss higher up told them to do.  There are probably a few sadists among the lot too (they tend to like positions of power).

• Like 2