Thailand reports 24,635 new COVID-19 cases, 81 deaths, 25,753 recoveries

webfact

Israeli study finds second Pfizer COVID booster shot reduces mortality 78% in older adults

Adults 60 and older given a second booster shot of the Pfizer (PFE +0.6%)/BioNTech (BNTX +2.5%) had a 78% lower mortality rate compared to those who had just one booster, according to a new Israeli study.

The study was conducted by Israel's largest HMO, Clalit Health Services, Sapir College, and Ben-Gurion University of the Negev. The results have yet to be peer reviewed.

Results also showed that for those who received their first booster at least four months prior to the study, mortality due to the Omicron variant was significantly lower in those who got a second booster.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3818035-israeli-study-finds-second-pfizer-covid-booster-shot-reduces-mortality-78-in-older-adults

AND

Second COVID Pfizer/Moderna booster could be offered to Americans 50 and older - NY Times

Americans aged 50 and older may be given the option of receiving a second COVID-19 booster shot, The New York Times reported.

The U.S. FDA could authorize a second booster as soon as this week, the newspaper added. The CDC would then follow with their own recommendation.

A CDC study in February found that the efficacy of the mRNA vaccine boosters declines significantly after four months.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3817802-second-covid-pfizer-moderna-booster-to-be-offered-to-americans-50-and-older-ny-times

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

You seem to think that that people here on this forum are panicking and they are clearly not. As stated in my earlier post to you we all know that Omicron is less virulent than Delta why the need to continually bring this up?

Finally yes there is a huge difference in the UK and Thailand's immunity wall so the comparison is not at all valid, please don't be so naive as to think this is not a major factor. The UK's case fatality rate has gradually gone down over time, this is not only due to Omicron but also to the vaccinations and pre infection immunity. Thailand does not have the level of protection yet, hence why the comparison is invalid.

In time Thailand will get there but its not there yet.

Yes I'm aware of the differing symptoms people can have with covid, my other daughter in the UK who is a nurse and her children all had it, as did my wife here along with dozens of my daughters friends here including over half the football team who are also now down with it.

I appreciate your words and thoughts on my daughter.

'As stated in my earlier post to you we all know that Omicron is less virulent than Delta why the need to continually bring this up?' 

Well, if this were truly recognized by some posters, it would undoubtedly be seen that the latest variant is intrinsically much less of a public emergency, I suppose.  Time and again, I see posters making the mistake of conflating Omicron with Delta.  To the extent that I see this false premise cropping up, I too feel the need to repeat the message, and after all right now deaths in Thailand appear low and hospitals do not seem to be at all overwhelmed now that symptomatic and mild cases have been rightly directed elsewhere.

This an honest answer- hope you will respect that.  I am simply calling for right size and proportions.

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

'As stated in my earlier post to you we all know that Omicron is less virulent than Delta why the need to continually bring this up?' 

Well, if this were truly recognized by some posters, it would undoubtedly be seen that the latest variant is intrinsically much less of a public emergency, I suppose.  Time and again, I see posters making the mistake of conflating Omicron with Delta.  To the extent that I see this false premise cropping up, I too feel the need to repeat the message, and after all right now deaths in Thailand appear low and hospitals do not seem to be at all overwhelmed now that symptomatic and mild cases have been rightly directed elsewhere.

This an honest answer- hope you will respect that.  I am simply calling for right size and proportions.

Please provide some examples of your claim that time and time again you see posters conflating Omicron with Delta?

Your just making things up now

COVID-19: Thailand reports 21,678 new coronavirus cases, 78 deaths, 27,183 recoveries

COV29.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Tuesday (March 29) reported 22,678 new COVID-19 cases, 27,183 recoveries and 78 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1254993-covid-19-thailand-reports-21678-new-coronavirus-cases-78-deaths-27183-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin