Indian Restaurant Pattaya??

lujanit

We will be in Pattaya later this week (we travel together program) and would like to have an indian meal.  I've searched and all that comes up is top 10/15/20 indian places from Trip Advisor.  I am dubious about the reviews on Trip Advisor.  Will some please recommend a place they have been to.  Non-vegetarian please.

• Haha 1

Would NOT recommend Maharaj Indian Restaurant on Soi 13/4 Beach Road. Food is not particularly good quality, meats are dry, tastes not balanced and breads/roti's are not fresh. Tandoori was also dry and overcooked. I was there last week and would never return.

Indian by Nature as jacko45k suggest is very good, but certainly not cheap. More of a fine dining style place.

I've had success with Tarka House (same soi as Maharaj). Good value overall.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

My current favorite is Honest Indian but have been getting delivery and for meat they only have chicken.

That might be going up then as I hear Saudi Arabia will be getting a lot of t!

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

That might be going up then as I hear Saudi Arabia will be getting a lot of t!

Actually their tandoori chicken recently went up 20 bahr from 170 to.190. One size option only but it's MASSIVE and unusually includes a portion of chickem tikka. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

My current favorite is Honest Indian but have been getting delivery and for meat they only have chicken.

This place is quite close to the hotel we are staying at, so maybe.

Does anyone know if parking is available in or near the soi Tarka House is in?  From the photos online it looks like quite a narrow soi.  I am not familiar with Pattaya at all.

Thanks for the replies.

8 minutes ago, lujanit said:

This place is quite close to the hotel we are staying at, so maybe.

Does anyone know if parking is available in or near the soi Tarka House is in?  From the photos online it looks like quite a narrow soi.  I am not familiar with Pattaya at all.

Thanks for the replies.

Go to the end of that soi and turn left (its one way) onto 2nd road. should be able to find a space there.

Also to highly recommend Madras Darbar.

A bit pricey, smallish portions, but high quality, comfortable setting, and they have some regional.dishes not easily found. I love their dry roasted Chettinad chicken.

More of a foodie choice than Honest Indian.

https://m.facebook.com/MadrasDarbarPattaya/

Edited by Jingthing