Severance Pay

4 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

If your employer has cars (and most NGOs have cars), they would have a white plate with (all) black numbers - no letters whatsoever if recognized as the diplomatic representation of a country/souvereign state.

If the plates are blue with white (all) numerals, then it is an NGO or organization with diplomatic immunity (United Nations, Red Cross or the Taiwanese Trade Commission). 

If they drive around with normal Thai plates, then there is no ex officio protection. 

LOL we don't even have company cars.... we aren't an orginisation with diplomatic immunity but thanks for advising.

• 5 months later...
On 3/29/2022 at 6:22 PM, stament said:

Update.

I went to the court and there was a very helpful guy. He said I can claim for unfair dismissal due to the fact that the notice I received as less than that states in the contract and of course my holiday pay hasn't been paid. I knew both of these things already. However, he did say that NGOs aren't required to pay severance pay as they aren't profit making entities.

He did say, if I could prove that they make money, then it would be possible. This seems quite illogical as NGOs aren't supposed to make a profit. Of course they could invest funds and make a profit but many small ones wouldn't engage in this type of transaction. I found it quite weird and ironic that because they don't make a profit they are excluded.  He did not tell me anywhere in Thai Law where it states this and I have searched high and low, and cannot find such an exclusion. However, bizarrely he said I should include the claim for severance but they aren't obliged to pay it.

Hence, I wrote to the ILO (UN) and am awaiting their response.