Family get shock bill - 40,000 baht for nothing more than paracetamol

webfact

The owner (doctor) of a well known hospital, just bought a rolls royce. The hotel of a partner (doctor) is now used as a place to isolate Covid patients. Gives you an idea about how doctors in Thailand think. Quite normal with the kind of selection they have in place. You will get a lot of disturbed and antisocial nerds with no EQ at all who pass the entrance exams.

Edited by SomchaiCNX
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Clearly a gross misunderstanding. I expect the hospital was trying to donate 40,000 Baht to this unfortunate family, but a lowly accountant in the billing department filled in the wrong forms. Never mind, with this publicity I am sure the hospital will do the right thing and correct their mistake; they may even try to make a further donation, but were I the head of the family, I think I'd ignore all future correspondence.

• Thanks 1

Im not condoning the charges these people were given.  Drugs, and other things in hospitals are much more expensive than outside to begin with. Not just from hospitals in Thailand. 

So if a doctor needs to give me medicine here.  I get the name of the medicine and purchase it from a pharmacy near my condo.  The doctors never had an issue with it.

I have medical insurance from my previous job in the states.  This includes a prescription plan. Im covered domestically and internationally.  But they only cover generic drugs.  The plan seems to classify the medications in Thailand differently when it comes to generics.

Let’s all concentrate on the “certain fund” comment and then let us all know the outcome, be mindful of any  derogatory comments against those involved in what will be a misunderstanding for sure.

Edited by Almer
Additional comments