No More Prior RT-PCR Tests Required for Visitors

snoop1130

Traffic is visibly picking up - airplanes are forced to circle over the gulf for their turn for landing, several planes landing at the same time, lines to immigration 10 passengers. Also full airplanes both out and into thailand. 
Now looks almost as pre-covid times. 
i would imagine that large part travel on recovery certificate and not scared on testing positive. 
A certificate can be obtained in bangkok for some 2k. Probably in many other countries for a similar price. Gives sure insurance for worry free travel for 90 days to thailand.

• Haha 1

TRavel advice from the  Netherlands is warning the travellers to beware of high extra costs if found positive at arrival....or have been sitting during the flight near a positive tested person. You are placed in quarantine ( no choice where) with all cost for yourself, as the insurance won't pay for it.

Just to say how many tourists will be surprised at arrival????

• Like 2

Although it does not make much sense to drop the test before departure and do the same on arrival, it is an easing. Timing of the pre-flight test can be difficult and stressful. Even better would be if one could chose to present a pre-flight test OR do one after arrival.

But given the vaccination rates and mild Omikron infections, its time to scrap all restrictions, with the exception of a mandatory valid vaccination!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, freedomnow said:

It's all MOOT, after peak season now and by July 1st it will all be

removed months in advance of the next peak season....they missed the boat 21/22 peak - oh well.

It just validates how hopeless these key decision makers are.

I think the idea of a peak season belongs pre-covid and the fundamentals of travel have changed. A global recession looms, inflation everywhere, travel costs will increase, covid has not disappeared and more of the world workforce is now mobile. That's just for starters.

The real boat Thailand has missed is the fast pivot into remote working visas, medium stay visa options, and to a lessor degree, the digital nomad. There's a massive uptick in remote workers looking to spend time in the sun. Heck even a 1 or 2 year Elite vi$a.

Thailand is a pretty good place right now to live, comparatively speaking. That's a bunch of people who wouldn't mind jumping through a PCR-Test on arrival and Thai Pass hoops.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Karma80 said:

I think the idea of a peak season belongs pre-covid and the fundamentals of travel have changed. A global recession looms, inflation everywhere, travel costs will increase, covid has not disappeared and more of the world workforce is now mobile. That's just for starters.

The real boat Thailand has missed is the fast pivot into remote working visas, medium stay visa options, and to a lessor degree, the digital nomad. There's a massive uptick in remote workers looking to spend time in the sun. Heck even a 1 or 2 year Elite vi$a.

Thailand is a pretty good place right now to live, comparatively speaking. That's a bunch of people who wouldn't mind jumping through a PCR-Test on arrival and Thai Pass hoops.

Yes, they could have released 1-year Elite visas long ago.

Divide by 5 over a 5-year visa cost  - I doubt it ...but still a good option.

Other tropical countries will/are rising in prominence as an alternate base for nomads.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Stefanix said:

Right, that’s because there aren’t as many flights as have been before. 

Absolutely spot on...

I normally travel Etihad from Manchester UK, they used to operate 3 flights a day, 

But as of today only 1 flight a day Manchester to BKK..

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 5:08 PM, PJ71 said:

Mate travelled today, asked for PCR at check in, might take a few days to filter down to all airlines / staff etc?

It also is airline dependant, not just the IATA rules. Especially if there is a connection involved. Just add spice to the uncertainty of it all. Keeps your heart racing eh? ????

49 minutes ago, Karma80 said:

It also is airline dependant, not just the IATA rules. Especially if there is a connection involved. Just add spice to the uncertainty of it all. Keeps your heart racing eh? ????

I just get PCR regardless, cover your bases.

I've been in Bangkok since beginning of February, when I had to do a 7 day quarantine. Staying in Sukhimvit area and in Thailand until end of June.

Have seen a pick up in people at my hotel in recent weeks. Pool area was fully occupied today by 11.30am. Can only assume people are not aware of the risk of testing positive on arrival or don't care. Several with kids and not expats...got to wonder what they are thinking tbh

Was in Samui (Lamai) a few weeks ago. Quiet but not dead although many restaurants and hotels were closed.

Extended my SETV by 30 days last week and was told I should be able to get a 60 day Covid extension for 1900 baht early next month.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 4:39 AM, welshguy said:

Still........

Not for me thanks.

I wouldn't even mind taking a test in the U.K. before leaving to go to Thailand...no way do I fancy taking a test in Thailand. the hub of testing.

The hub of dodgy testing.

• Haha 1