Authorities Launch Booster Vaccination Drive Ahead of Songkran Holidays

webfact

30fcf1c311c73d9b5b210b183ee0e08d_small.jpg

by Natthaphon Sangpolsit

BANGKOK (NNT) - Many provinces in Thailand are now offering booster COVID vaccine doses to provide the elderly and vulnerable groups with the highest level of protection against the coronavirus ahead of the Songkran festival.

The color-coded zoning for COVID-19 control measures in several provinces was recently updated, with Yala province now included among the 47 provinces listed as "Yellow" zones. This new designation means the province can now hold gatherings for up to 1,000 people while allowing dine-ins and alcohol sales at restaurants until 11 PM.

Provincial officials will continue to monitor the situation while expanding vaccination coverage, especially among the elderly and those with underlying health conditions.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

In Yasothon, authorities launched a booster drive with a caravan of fancy cars to encourage senior citizens and members of risk groups to get vaccinated. The province hopes to provide local residents with adequate levels of immunity against COVID-19 ahead of Songkran and the Boon Bang Fai Festival.

Samut Sakhon Public Health Office has adopted a similar approach in providing home booster shots for senior citizens and people with chronic diseases. The province is also encouraging those who have yet to get vaccinated or receive a booster to do so at a nearby hospital.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-04-04

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

1 minute ago, mikebell said:

Ditto - Pattaya?

The opportunities were there in Pattaya, at the Royal Garden Mall and also Chittabhawan College of Monks. Now those places are no longer providing free vaccines I hope hospitals will pick up the slack, perhaps Banglamung Hospital where they were previously being done before moving to The College. 

I am in rural Nongkhai. Pink ID and certificate of 2 previous Pfizer vaccinations 6 months ago got me a Pfizer booster at the local hospital.

The booster must be mRna? so couldn't get AZ. They said I could have Moderna if I went to Bkk. They only had Pfizer available for booster so that's what I got. 2 weeks ago now. Just in time for Songkran.

• Like 1