Smart Park to Support New S-Curve Industries

snoop1130

ed1fc09b35cf017584e5335928648841_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand (IEAT) has indicated that the establishment of the Smart Park in the Eastern Economic Corridor will support the development of New S-Curve industries. The authority also said it will contribute to the government’s Thailand 4.0 policy.

Industry Minister Suriya Juangroongruangkit said the 3-year construction project in the capital district of Rayong province will help Thailand expand its economic prowess, as well as generate 1.3 billion baht in annual cash flow. He estimated that the 2.3 billion baht project will be ready for operation in 2024. Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha officially inaugurated the park’s construction last week.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

IEAT Governor Veeris Ammarapala meanwhile said the Smart Park will boost the development of New S-Curve industries by providing innovation and environmentally friendly advanced production technology. He added that industries most likely to benefit include the digital, robotics, medical, aviation and logistics industries.

The park will be divided into industrial, commercial, facility and green zones. The Smart Park is expected to become a leading industrial estate that emits zero greenhouse gasses, aided by innovations such as a smart power grid and solar power.

Veeris said the IEAT is currently conducting studies to determine which technologies should be piloted at the park. He also said officials are looking into establishing a hydrogen power plant with Japanese partners.

Full Story: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG220404110429944

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-04-04

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 2

I know I am a bear of very little brain - having spent my working life as first an infantry soldier and then a primary school teacher ( it is astonishing how the one prepares you for the other - remarkable synergy!) but what in the name of all that is holy is an "S - Curve Industry", or for that matter a "Smart Park"?

• Like 2

[quote]

...but what in the name of all that is holy is an "S - Curve Industry"

[/quote]

No idea.  My guess is something to do with sex vibrators that look like 'innocent' external massagers...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I know I am a bear of very little brain - having spent my working life as first an infantry soldier and then a primary school teacher ( it is astonishing how the one prepares you for the other - remarkable synergy!) but what in the name of all that is holy is an "S - Curve Industry", or for that matter a "Smart Park"?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1029313221000828

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand (IEAT) has indicated that the establishment of the Smart Park in the Eastern Economic Corridor will support the development of New S-Curve industries. The authority also said it will contribute to the government’s Thailand 4.0 policy.

More like the S-bend we know so well.

I think the "smart train" has already left the station without Thailand on board.

Thanks to the abysmal education system, not enough local talent has been nourished. Thanks to xenophobia in government, not enough foreign talent has been attracted. Game over.